Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i guess that's what i saw last time i checked then - and i'll have checked at least one other time since 6th June I saw tickets then too.

Maybe Boomtown pulled some of their crowd away with their line-up this year?  It's featuring quite a lot more techno and it's on the same weekend.

It's still 3 sold out years though so I guess it's doing OK.

The problem with houghton is it doesn’t have a lineup it has residents.

Its the same lineup every year.

Hence the fact I’m not too worried about missing out this year.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

ahh, so it is now, tho there were defo tickets available when I last checked it on 9th July.

But that's still a much slower sellout than last year. It doesn't seem to be holding its crowd.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The problem with houghton is it doesn’t have a lineup it has residents.

Its the same lineup every year.

Hence the fact I’m not too worried about missing out this year.

i get what you mean but personally that’s what appeals to me the most, i think they’re trying to create almost a regulars vibe at the festival kind of like freerotation where it’s basically the same lineup each year and the DJs know what to expect and can push the limits with the crowd that is there and can play a lot looser than what a big new name will.

almost like at a club - often the residents do better sets than the headliner as they know their crowd, the sound systems and the vibe

2 hours ago, joemason96 said:

i get what you mean but personally that’s what appeals to me the most, i think they’re trying to create almost a regulars vibe at the festival kind of like freerotation where it’s basically the same lineup each year and the DJs know what to expect and can push the limits with the crowd that is there and can play a lot looser than what a big new name will.

almost like at a club - often the residents do better sets than the headliner as they know their crowd, the sound systems and the vibe

Yup. Basically.

I mean it’s an excuse for Craig Richards and his mates to get together and play stupidly long sets.

Which is fine by me

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Videos from Dekmantel starting to pop up making me quite jealous. Anyone done it before? Hoping to go next year and heard nothing but good things.

It’s all over Instagram and it looks so good :( I’ve heard nothing but good things too. Plenty of clashes due to the always stacked lineup and I think the tickets are hard to get.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It is Boomtown next week.

Hoping to Catch at least some of:

Carl Cox, Amelie Lens, Claude Von Stroke, Ben Fraser, System 7, Eats Everything, Mells Dee, Altern8, Ben UFO.

I will report back with my findings!

Got to say that despite the wonder of returning to the Farm after the longest of long fallow periods, I am really sad that I'm not doing Boomtown again this year. It took me the whole weekend to 'get it' last year, and now I know that next time I go will be unbelievable...

Yes, full reports please, Fuzz, and let's just hope Coxy can keep his hands off the mike...?

Ben

34 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Got to say that despite the wonder of returning to the Farm after the longest of long fallow periods, I am really sad that I'm not doing Boomtown again this year. It took me the whole weekend to 'get it' last year, and now I know that next time I go will be unbelievable...

Yes, full reports please, Fuzz, and let's just hope Coxy can keep his hands off the mike...?

Ben

oh yes oh yes.....

Watching nu Guinea from dekmantel now... Good vibes! 

Gonna have to have to have a serious think about what festival to do next year. Wish they were spread out a bit more so I could fit a couple in. 

Glastonbury, worldwide festival, love international, dekmantel, and Houghton all in the running. Keeping an eye on the first We out here festival too

On 8/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, aidenlangan95 said:

Going to the Bicep Sunday. I'm actually in London the week before the laurent garnier and krust Friday, which is a bit shit missing out by a week. Have tickets for the fundraiser thing garnier is doing in Manchester in January tho

O M G! Dekmantel lived up to all the hype and more. Dutch Crowds are the best.

Favourite sets:

1. Orpheu the Wizard - No words. The 2nd best set I've seen all year, 1st goes to Hunee (@J2).

2. Ben UFO b2b Blawan - ? in the ?

3. Palms Trax - Both sets, Closing Main Stage and It's Burning After Party. I feel at this point everyone knows what a Palms Trax set is going to be, and it's always fun. I may have spoiled myself having seen him so much this year, as this felt like a "best of Palms Trax'. Still wouldn't miss him. 

4. Skatebard (Live) - This was his first Live show, can expect see him bringing this to festivals next summer. He's got a Norwegian Saxophone player with him. Crazy Space Disco vibes, he even played a cover of Orbital - Doctor Who

5. Nu Guinea (Live) - I do have to say, showing up 15 minutes late did get the crowd quite impatient and rowdy, but they did manage to win back the crowd and make up for it. 

Shoutout to It's Burning afterparty, that was insane. If you're in Amsterdam, check out the De Marktkantine. Didn't get to visit Shelter or De School. Guess I'll have to come back to check them out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Houghton cancelled ?

Child 2 was en route and is, obviously, absolutely gutted. 

So sorry for any E/D threaders who were going ?

Ben

Crazy weather! It’s glorious sunshine here in Canterbury. Feel sad for the organisers and the people heading there. 

E48DC21B-7B2C-4357-A9F7-F48C6426AFAE.png

Such gutting news about Houghton, really feel for anyone who was travelling down.

Off to Arts House in London on Saturday - one stage with Artwork and DJ Harvey b2b all day. Was cracking fun last year and I'm looking forwards to a boogie. Most importantly, my ticket was only a fiver this year!

29 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

Absolutely gutted about this and we're now frantically trying to organise some sort of party for the weekend. Woke up so excited and then hearing this is killer!

So sorry for you, Joe.

Twitter is awash with Houghtoners picking up/trying to pick up Boomtown tickets...

Ben

52 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Child 2 and BF now heading for London and I’ve suggested a couple of events for them as Houghton substitutes, including Function, Ellen Allien, Enrico Sangiuliano. 

Hopefully she’ll make an amazing weekend of it...

Ben

43 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

Absolutely gutted about this and we're now frantically trying to organise some sort of party for the weekend. Woke up so excited and then hearing this is killer!

I have a wedding this weekend but if I was in this situation, I'd be on my way to Boomtown right now.