Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Did anyone find out what Sports Banger Mega Rave was?  It was in the stonebridge bar according to the park poster.

It's Johnny Banger's club night/fashion brand (yeah I don't know either...)

Seems to be a lot of that south of the river bass stuff, they put the stage times up on twitter beforehand, actually could've been quite sick, but saturday evening was peak clash time as it was

https://twitter.com/ParkStonebridge/status/1142511421600731136?s=20

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tr234 said:

Anyone here been to bpm portugal?

Or have any festival suggestions mid - late September in europe?

Went to the Mexico one, but haven't tried Portugal, was hoping to go this year but Glasto has cleaned me out! 

Andrew weatheralls covenanza festival in carcassonne is in mid - late Sept, its meant to be great, and I've also looked at nova batida in Lisbon in mid Sept,it's got a great line up and Lisbon looks like a great city

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Such a slapper 

its because... c**ty music opinion... but the kids aren’t into proper techno or tech house anymore.

That is Probably right tbh, but.... when I heard this last, the atmosphere lifted big time.

People dont know if they like it, if they have never heard it.

Thanks @Beaster and @Time Being, only had a Friday ticket but had an amazing time! What a completely different but fantastic festival experience Sonar is! I was blown away by Sonar by Night in particular, those hangars are ENORMOUS! Not too crowded, good vibes, loads of space to dance and wander, plenty of bars and the sound on each stage was perfect, not to mention the weather of course! Managed to catch Stormzy (last minute replacement for A$AP Rocky), Underworld, Murlo, Mall Grab, Four Tet, Peggy Gou & Palms Trax B2B and some of the Floating Points 6h marathon. I missed as many more cos of clashes. 

Getting across town from Day to Night is super easy. Sonar by Day could well be the most centrally located city festival I've ever seen. They didn't seem to compromise on sound levels either.

It's moving back to its regular June slot next year but I thoroughly recommend Sonar for anyone on the ED thread if you're looking to combine a festival with a city break. 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks @Beaster and @Time Being, only had a Friday ticket but had an amazing time! What a completely different but fantastic experience Sonar is! I was blown away by Sonar by Night in particular, those hangars are ENORMOUS! Not too crowded, good vibes, loads of space to dance and wander, plenty of bars and the sound on each stage was perfect, not to mention the weather of course! Managed to catch Stormzy (last minute replacement for A$AP Rocky), Underworld, Murlo, Mall Grab, Four Tet, Peggy Gou & Palms Trax B2B and some of the Floating Points 6h marathon. I missed as many more cos of clashes. 

Getting across town from Day to Night is super easy. Sonar by Day could well be the most centrally located city festival I've ever seen. They didn't seem to compromise on sound levels either.

It's moving back to its regular June slot next year but I thoroughly recommend Sonar for anyone on the ED thread if you're looking to combine a festival with a city break. 

Sounds superb mate, pleased you enjoyed

15 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks @Beaster and @Time Being, only had a Friday ticket but had an amazing time! What a completely different but fantastic festival experience Sonar is! I was blown away by Sonar by Night in particular, those hangars are ENORMOUS! Not too crowded, good vibes, loads of space to dance and wander, plenty of bars and the sound on each stage was perfect, not to mention the weather of course! Managed to catch Stormzy (last minute replacement for A$AP Rocky), Underworld, Murlo, Mall Grab, Four Tet, Peggy Gou & Palms Trax B2B and some of the Floating Points 6h marathon. I missed as many more cos of clashes. 

Sounds incredible, what a great run of music. Gotta love Sonar and BCN

37 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

More to announce usually but that initial wave is very underwhelming personally. Could be tempted by Four Tet or Green Velvet 

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ah Ben, as much as I'd love to join you for some Drumcode-related hi-jinx, I'm in Norway that weekend.

Hope you're doing well, my friend  

All good, lovely boy. 

Still trying to get my knee back to running after knackering it in an Ultra just pre-G, so I’m swimming lots. Lurking a bit in this thread of threads as I continue my stupid post-festival model of needing a bit of distance from my own obsessions. Absolutely stoked for Dimensions and then WHP with my main Glastonbury dance partner. Happy days. 

Ben x