Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

58 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Great write up @Time Being that Dickinson set was amazing! I didn't think it was possible for Genosys to get better but I feel they improved it this year, is it in a new location? It seemed like it. I've no sense of the geography of that part of the site, I've never been in there sober.

I know what you mean. I've always loved Genosys, it's probably my favourite stage that I've seen electronic music on (just beats Dekmantel main stage) and I think this year was definitely the best edition of it 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Random question, that I very much doubt anyone will be able answer but...

The penultimate tune Carl Cox / Jamie Jones played was an absolute banger. I have been looking for it, but have no clue what it is! I heard it again in the Spaceport on Saturday. It is a techno track, in about 3 bits. There is a vocal on it, talking (for the life of me I cant remember what it says!), there is an acid sound running through one section & another bit, which I can only describe as having a similar sound to the grinding electro noise on "Dave Spoon - At night", so much so I thought it was starting up.

I have gone through recent carl.cox & jamie jones mixes snd can't find it.

Anyone know what this tune is?!

Wasn't Adam Beyer and Bart Skils - Your Mind was it? Definitely heard a bit of that towards the end of the set

6 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Great write up @Time Being that Dickinson set was amazing! I didn't think it was possible for Genosys to get better but I feel they improved it this year, is it in a new location? It seemed like it. I've no sense of the geography of that part of the site, I've never been in there sober.

Appreciate that. Yeah Genosys was definitely positioned differently this year (I'm a bit of a map nerd). Seems like they plopped it right where London Underground used to be.

5 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Took a while for them to get into the groove I thought, the last half an hour or so was great though.

Completely agree with that

6 hours ago, Tr234 said:

Wasn't Adam Beyer and Bart Skils - Your Mind was it? Definitely heard a bit of that towards the end of the set

No, definitely not that.

Alright i am going to don my helmet here as i might be about to get pelters, but, I love Jaguar Skills, i love his eclectic mix of bass heavy bangers from all genres, is there anyone else quite like him. DJ Yoda is another fave of mine for the same reason albeit at a slightly more sedate pace. If anyone can recommend DJs of a similar style that would be great. 

7 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Alright i am going to don my helmet here as i might be about to get pelters, but, I love Jaguar Skills, i love his eclectic mix of bass heavy bangers from all genres, is there anyone else quite like him. DJ Yoda is another fave of mine for the same reason albeit at a slightly more sedate pace. If anyone can recommend DJs of a similar style that would be great.  

Have you heard of the scratch perverts? You might like them.

3 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

You won't get any pelters, perfectly  reasonable question. This thread is wonderful smug/ elitist free so enjoy. 

Also recommend Scratch Perverts, Krafty Kuts, A-Skillz. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

I used to love Jaguar Skills! Along with Krafty Kuts and his old mixtapes a few years back on soundcloud! Highly recommend checking it out!

it’s the ‘fresh cuts’ series. The first ones are way better imho.

Edited by Jay89
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Sometimes I wish I lived in London. I'm going to see Orbital next week and I've got tickets for Sasha & Digweed in Dublin in november but thats it. 

I often think this too! District 8 in jam park have a few solid nights planned but an industrial estate in swords isn't really ideal.

8 hours ago, TheBurns said:

I often think this too! District 8 in jam park have a few solid nights planned but an industrial estate in swords isn't really ideal.

Everyone comes to Manchester & I very rarely go clubbing in here. 

The kids flock to the warehouse project. The last time I went (2016), the bouncers were a disgrace. I left at 1. I wouldn't go back unless I knew they'd changed. I wasnt in any issues, but witnessed a girl going through her bag, have it snatched by security, them rifle through it. Then her boyfriend be pinned to the wall whilst they shined a torch up his nose.

I left that room (which was pretty dead) went to the toilet. Tried to get back in, wasnt allowed as it was "full". When I said it wasnt I was told "if you dont move, you are going out". At that point a lad unhappy cos his girlfriend was still in there starting walking in, he was grabbed by security & thrown out. My mates came out saying the bouncers had walked up to them & told them to turn out their pockets. (Found nothing)

We left.

7 minutes ago, Walker2295 said:

On that Delightful Subject, They have released their lines up for this years Warehouse Project

https://www.thewarehouseproject.com/calendar

Just looked! Some good line ups in fairness.

I would debate the Underworld one as it isn't a club night. I will need some assurances about bouncers though!