Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Whats missing? 

Are there any untapped genres? Personally I think classic trance. There are quite a few "old skool" or old rave DJs, but no classic trance. I didnt see Sister Bliss, but when I have it is always just "big tune" stuff, so Insonnia, Delerium Silence - that kind of thing.

I'd like someone playing some classics which were not all mainstream hits.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whats missing? 

Are there any untapped genres? Personally I think classic trance. There are quite a few "old skool" or old rave DJs, but no classic trance. I didnt see Sister Bliss, but when I have it is always just "big tune" stuff, so Insonnia, Delerium Silence - that kind of thing.

PREACH! Would love to have someone like  Eddie Halliwell, Sean Tyas, John O’Callaghan or even Matt Darey playing!

Ps. Anyone’s mates at Hideout? There’s been reyt riots yesterday ?

21 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

PREACH! Would love to have someone like  Eddie Halliwell, Sean Tyas, John O’Callaghan or even Matt Darey playing!

Ps. Anyone’s mates at Hideout? There’s been reyt riots yesterday ?

Matt Darey has a tendency to get fucked and talk over the tunes. Well he did when my mate booked him.

Scott Bond, Lange, John Askew, MIKE Push or Signum would be my choices. 

2 girls at work are at Hideout

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whats missing? 

You might consider this to be a bit of a mainstream hit but I absolutely fucking love it:

31 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It is a massive tune! I am not adverse to big tunes at all, I just dont want every one to be in the charts. Proper summer tune this one... pretty big too.

Really nice one that, enjoyed listening. I was never really in to Trance used to be more inclined to listen to DnB and Jungle. I went to Gatecrasher Summer Sound System in 2008, wandered in to the Gatecrasher arena early on the first day and then after that spent the majority of my time in there. It’s so uplifting and such an amazing type of music to listen to when you’ve dropped a couple of disco biscuits. I didn’t really know anyone who was playing in there at the time but wasn’t bothered and just enjoyed after getting to know a little bit more about Trance I looked back at the lineup and it was ana absolute who’s who of Trance music:

Paul Van DykJohn '00' Fleming, presents 00DB Live, Second Sun Live, Mauro PicottoMenno De JongM.I.K.E Push, Andy MoorAgnelli & NelsonDave PearceAly & Fila, Riley & Durrant, Adam Sheridan 

Paul OakenfoldHernan CattaneoMarco V, Guiseppe Ottaviani Live, Christopher LawrenceMarcel WoodsMatt HardwickScott Bond, Ronald Van Gelderen, Alex Morph & Woody Van Eyden, Simon Patterson (Dogzilla)

And there was me not having a clue but absolutely loving life looking at a bit like this: ?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Really nice one that, enjoyed listening. I was never really in to Trance used to be more inclined to listen to DnB and Jungle. I went to Gatecrasher Summer Sound System in 2008, wandered in to the Gatecrasher arena early on the first day and then after that spent the majority of my time in there. It’s so uplifting and such an amazing type of music to listen to when you’ve dropped a couple of disco biscuits. I didn’t really know anyone who was playing in there at the time but wasn’t bothered and just enjoyed after getting to know a little bit more about Trance I looked back at the lineup and it was ana absolute who’s who of Trance music:

Paul Van DykJohn '00' Fleming, presents 00DB Live, Second Sun Live, Mauro PicottoMenno De JongM.I.K.E Push, Andy MoorAgnelli & NelsonDave PearceAly & Fila, Riley & Durrant, Adam Sheridan 

Paul OakenfoldHernan CattaneoMarco V, Guiseppe Ottaviani Live, Christopher LawrenceMarcel WoodsMatt HardwickScott Bond, Ronald Van Gelderen, Alex Morph & Woody Van Eyden, Simon Patterson (Dogzilla)

And there was me not having a clue but absolutely loving life looking at a bit like this: ?

I was well into trance. I was regular at Crasher. I was at that summer sound system too. My friend ran / runs a clubnight in Manchester which was trance & has evolved. I have been a resident there for 10 years, but they only do 1 or 2 a year now. Had some pretty big names on in the past. 

Carte Blanche is a massive anthem! In my top 10 fav trance tunes ever I'd say.

These are a few big anthems that are a little more underground...

Trance changed for me. All the tunes sounded the same. Forumlaic.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was at that well into trance. I was regular at Crasher. I was at that summer sound system too. My friend ran / runs a clubnight in Manchester which was trance & has evolved. I have been a resident there for 10 years, but they only do 1 or 2 a year now. Had some pretty big names on in the past. 

Carte Blanche is a massive anthem! In my top 10 fav trance tunes ever I'd say.

These are a few big anthems that are a little more underground...

It was a good festival on paper, was looking forward to the Chemicals Brothers but they were cancelled due to the weather being absolutely god awful weren’t they, all of the other acts on the main stage were put in to the other arenas but they were just cancelled altogether.

Used to go clubbing in Manchester semi regularly but only really mainly to Sankeys and The Warehouse Project. Did a few Trance nights in Sankeys saw Armin in there a couple of tunes I think. Will give your tunes a listen shortly ??

Edited by lukethekid

Chaos in the CBD played binary finary 1998 then humate love stimulation, which I took me back! before descending into the ultimate cheese fest of atb 9pm til I come (albeit the signum remix which was always my my fav mix) and then Alice deejay better off alone, I actually had to walk away for a bit during that lol

20 minutes ago, northernbro said:

Pretty sure Monika Kruse played Push - Universal Nation in the Temple on Sunday morning 

she was amazing too

Tune. 

4 hours ago, Jay89 said:

ps. @FuzzyDunlop which club you’re talking about? I’m from north and would be well up for good trance night! I usually travel up to Newcastle to get my trance fix :)

The night is called Majefa. The last one was in March, I played - great atmosphere. Its heading in more of a techno feel now, but it will always have a trance room too. I have never advertised it on here as I don't think it's fair on Neil to use his site to advertise without paying him. From the looks of it, you'd enjoy it! 

When the next one is announced, Ill send a few quid into the Efest coffers and plug it a bit!

11 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ja.

Who are you considering? (Or wavering on?)

Freddy K/Rubo/Dozzy/Jeff Mills. Looking like Freddy K into Dozzy. I think who we’re likely to see in Manchester any time soon a big factor.

Then MCDE/Fett Burger/Palms Trax/? Whoever is on Selectors. 

We’re very undecided on this one. I fancy Fett Burger then open to ? I’ve seen MCDE and Palms Trax loads but then again feels like a big moment for Palms Trax so I shoulda go. 

I was on fence between Eris Drew b2b Octo Octa and Solar b2b Cinnerman. But deffo going Eris Drew Octa after a brief discussion.

Going Zenker Bros and Skee Mask at Shelter so solves another headache. Gonna go Dek x Is Burning very excited for that then probably De School Saturday so all depends who plays there.

23 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whats missing? 

I'd say John OO Fleming would be an excellent slot. He's stuff now is very decent, deep, progressive stuff. No cheese whatsoever. 

30 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Dozzy on Selectors in 2016 was total magic, will definitely be up for a repeat of that too.

De School Sat will be Siren, who opened Genosys on the Thurs, in at least one slot. Not sure of the rest.

I'm very excited for the Wed/Thurs but not sure if you're around for that. Shinchi Atobe, Wally Badarou, Cybotron, Yves Tumor, Arpanet (yer man from Dopplereffekt & Drexciya), some really nice conference / Red Light Radio bits all to look forward too.

Definitely worth checking some of Palms at the pinnacle, it will be a moment indeed. I'd say the same for Eris and OO but the Main Stage can go either way for me in the sun. See how it feels for you. Oh and the ? is a certain LCD man but you didn't hear that from me ?

I’ve heard from people that went, not one to be missed. 

Nah not around would be up for Cybotron and the lad from Drexciya didn’t clock that. 

De School was such a sick place when i went few years ago the downstairs was made for Techno too couldn’t see my hand in front of my face. I’ve got high hopes even if I don’t know the DJ’s they’ll be class.

Gonna get myself on sunbeds in prep for a Dek because I burned bad on first day of Glastonbury and spent as much time in the shade as I could. Weather could play a big factor how much time I spend once UFO stages. 

Ah no way. That’s gonna send my friend into meltdown with his LCD tattoos and love of MCDE/Palms Trax. Poor lad be like a dog with two dicks. Cheers. Who you looking forward to?

10 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Anyone in here ever done Berghain? Me and my Mrs are in Berlin in a couple of weeks and Palms is headlining the Panorama bar on the Friday night. Is it worth bothering with?

Any other recommendations for Bars/Clubs in Berlin welcome also! 

I got fucked off the one time I tried but I was too late. My mates live over there they say go early on Sunday morning (so carrying on from Saturday night) and you’re usually alright if you go alone.

I got in alright to About Blank and Griesmulle both were good spaces especially the later, think they’ve got an a new outside area too. You can buy tickets for Gruesmulle in advance too which will help. 

I’m going over myself in September. Never have high hopes of getting in any clubs in Berlin as a big northern English lad. I stick out like a sore thumb!

f

15 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Now the dust has settled looking forward to Dekmantel. Clash city so many hard decisions to make. Is anyone heading there this year?

First time Dekmantel.

Already excited, have told the girlfriend that we'll take it easy. Enjoy a bit of Amsterdam in the day then catch a few hours of dance music later on. 

My must sees are: Nu Guinea (Live), Marie Davidson (Live), Skatebard (Live).

Will probable watch Jeff Mills since never seen him before and the novelty of it. Don't see myself buying tickets to a night of his.

Most likely catching Palmsy close off the main stage too. Seen him a bunch but it's guaranteed fun and good tracks.

15 hours ago, GWR said:

Chaos in the CBD played binary finary 1998 then humate love stimulation, which I took me back! before descending into the ultimate cheese fest of atb 9pm til I come (albeit the signum remix which was always my my fav mix) and then Alice deejay better off alone, I actually had to walk away for a bit during that lol

Oh mate, Chaos in the CBD was so fun. Such a weird vibe they pulled off but everyone was digging it.

We were sitting outside (glasto feet were killing us at 4am) but inside the fence of Stonebridge when 9PM Till I come came on and people outside went nuts. Saw like 3 kids jumping over the fence but they all got caught in about 3 mins, I mean it's a tiny tent. No much place to hide in there. Definetely one of my favourite sets of the festival despite being so tired haha.

Shoutout to the couple that let us join them halfway in the queue. 

Cheers for the IDs. Wouldn't know any of these songs otherwise.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Anyone in here ever done Berghain? Me and my Mrs are in Berlin in a couple of weeks and Palms is headlining the Panorama bar on the Friday night. Is it worth bothering with?

Been 4 or 5 times, Friday night used to be even harder to get in tho as it was only the pbar that was open, that may have changed now tho. 

Water gate, tresor are both good too depending on whos playing. 

Been wanting to try Kater blau since bar 25 closed but haven't had the chance. 

Friends have recommended golden Gate too but never been. 

As suggested if u go to Berghain Sunday morning u miss the queue. 

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Think your chances on a Friday night are a lot better than Klubnacht nowadays. Also, Lord of the Isles is really good if you get in that night, go see

Edited by Mezhyp1