Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

This was the first year for ages I found a lot of dance music I liked.. we stayed put in the Downlow for hours on Saturday, it was hard to tear ourselves away as it was just so perfect but we did venture away and  found even more awesomeness at the Greenpeace tree..  didn't manage to get back to the Downlow the rest of the weekend as the queues were too much but kept going back to Greenpeace and it was banging every time .. I'm a bit sad I never made it to alot of the other dance venues at night, I did have overnight shifts and early nights some nights tho because I was working which curtailed my night time wanderings a bit.

1 minute ago, Winslow Leach said:

It’s good that Greenpeace is emerging as its own really distinct area for music as well as just a place to hang out. It’s quickly becoming one of the best parts of the site (if it wasn’t already).

I stopped by it this year en route to the SE corner, Archie Hamilton was playing. Not really my thing but it was alright, and the stage in the tree is really good, it'd be good to watch someone there I was more interested in 

9 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

It’s good that Greenpeace is emerging as its own really distinct area for music as well as just a place to hang out. It’s quickly becoming one of the best parts of the site (if it wasn’t already).

It went off at Greenpeace for Dutty Moonshine on Thursday.   Great stage, great atmosphere.  Before that Oh my god! It's the church made a little appearance in the tree.  What a beautiful tree that is too.

absolutely loved Aletrn8's set at the space port on Friday,. totally banged out all the classics. the only down side was it was hotter than the sun in there. especially when wearing a boiler suit.

bonus of the set getting to meet him afterwards

the jungle set later that night was also excellent , small venue small crowd good times

1 hour ago, stuie said:

It went off at Greenpeace for Dutty Moonshine on Thursday.   Great stage, great atmosphere.  Before that Oh my god! It's the church made a little appearance in the tree.  What a beautiful tree that is too.

Loved the Greenpeace stage, Saturday I spent most of the day there,

started with the Stanton warriors,  Then just turned around watched Elvana, then turned around again and watched Norman Jay , then turned around again and watched DJ Yoda. loved how that area has stepped up. it was great as it has a small crowd due to bigger names playing on other stages. couldn't get enough of it 

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

Loved the Greenpeace stage, Saturday I spent most of the day there,

started with the Stanton warriors,  Then just turned around watched Elvana, then turned around again and watched Norman Jay , then turned around again and watched DJ Yoda. loved how that area has stepped up. it was great as it has a small crowd due to bigger names playing on other stages. couldn't get enough of it 

Totally agree... and it's the shortest transfer time between stages ever... simply a case of turning around! Love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

the jungle set later that night was also excellent , small venue small crowd good times

Oh yes ... old man, straw hat on the lhs. That was me. It's not often I know most of the tunes!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:12 AM, Fishman said:

Yep - was me at Josh Wink. The old man in the straw hat. My lot had insisted I wear it all all times as they could never find me. Thanks. 

Benny definitely mentioned Tuna for some reason and that's all I could hear about you, it's that you weren't him. Or something. Things get hazy on Sunday. Clocked you (GWR) last knockings at The Gas Tower also, but was a bit too 'tired and emotional' to come and say hello. Especially as all I remembered was that you were not Tuna!

Full report at some point gang.

https://m.soundcloud.com/slipmatt-1/live-glastonbury-2019-shangri-la-gas-tower

Good memories from that final hour

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know what the stage was at the back of the ICON field was? Say you turned so you were facing away from the ICON stage, it was in the back left corner before you went through to the rest of block 9. You can see it on this video starting 3:17 . Looks like a cube

Edited by Tr234

25 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Does anyone know what the stage was at the back of the ICON field was? Say you turned so you were facing away from the ICON stage, it was in the back left corner before you went through to the rest of block 9. You can see it on this video starting 3:17 . Looks like a cube

I think thats the common. So I presume Samula?

7 hours ago, Tr234 said:

Ahh right makes sense, the stage that replaced the cave? Does anyone have any pics/vids? Looked quite big from the outside

Also had running waterfall on the side, but there’s a chance I imagined it.

F522A594-C87A-419A-9BF1-917F5264477B.jpeg

Edited by Jay89
  • Like 1

Yeah Samula was incredible. You went behind the waterfall at the edge of The Common into a quiet bit with a couple of bars then turned a corner and there was just an absolutely unbelievable light show for a stage of c.1000? people. Spent several very enjoyable hours there on Saturday night seriously Gillespied whilst high voltage drum n bass played.

Even managed to take a far better picture than I remembered ?

20190630_041422.jpg

Probably my only regret was not getting into Samula. Couldn't drag myself away from the temple and walked past the outside of Samula and could see the waterfall on the way home most mornings.

Was there much of a queue to get in? The pics I've seen look amazing.

Is anybody going to the Jlin/Holly Herndon night in Manchester on the 20th July by any chance? Bought tickets on a whim as I wasn't expecting to have anything else planned so decided to have a wee adventure down south from Glasgow but now my friends are planning a night back home. No chance I'll convince them to come down with me so thought I'd see if I could find some company to make the trip more worthwhile.

Also heading down to Manchester/London early August with a pal to see Park Hye Jin, Newcleus and Marie Davidson if anybody wants to offer additional company.

Edited by hi.

1 hour ago, dccool said:

Was there much of a queue to get in?

About 1/half 1 Saturday night into Sunday morning we pretty much walked straight in. If there was a queue it was no more than a minute or two

iicon was so good! Tried to spend as much time there as I could. The AV show was really good too. Did anyone else really enjoy that okzarp and manthe ribane thing? Made me wish I got there for kode9 and laurel halo. Karenn sounded great too but I couldn’t get my mates to stick around for that one. Was it HAAi on genosys that played Powder - New Tribe as well? 

2 hours ago, golden egg said:

iicon was so good! Tried to spend as much time there as I could. The AV show was really good too. Did anyone else really enjoy that okzarp and manthe ribane thing? Made me wish I got there for kode9 and laurel halo. Karenn sounded great too but I couldn’t get my mates to stick around for that one. Was it HAAi on genosys that played Powder - New Tribe as well? 

yes i saw that okzarp and manthe ribane set it was absolutely brilliant wasn’t it! really lost myself in that and was my biggest surprise of the weekend probably