Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry to be a cheeky git and go off message on the thread, but I'm just listening to The Comet Is Coming whilst packing (and getting distracted by the thread, of course).

Fuck me, those boys are unbelievable. Any E/D threaders gonna be there at West Holts? Super Zodiac will take the 'roof' off, and if Kate Tempest joins them for Blood of the Past, I might have a bit of a moment.

Ben

I was planning on checking them out.

54 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Didn't know Mani' was playing, sweet is Vandal on the line up? couldn't see

Not vandal but Ecoli is on thu salon Carousel t-menace mandi matt:scratch edcox&ecoli are fri from 2 and tanukichi is 5-6 on sat which will be bangin also theres a good slice of hard tek this year looks like friday is the new sunday

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry to be a cheeky git and go off message on the thread, but I'm just listening to The Comet Is Coming whilst packing (and getting distracted by the thread, of course).

Fuck me, those boys are unbelievable. Any E/D threaders gonna be there at West Holts? Super Zodiac will take the 'roof' off, and if Kate Tempest joins them for Blood of the Past, I might have a bit of a moment.

Ben

Yes, I can't wait for this one 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tom White said:

I'm really going to try and do George Fitzgerald and Randomer on Thursday. If you see me please say 'hi', would like to thank you for all the reccos (and I'm probably not going to make the efests Wednesday night meet up) 

Defo will do 

Ben 

Edited by bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

TCIC are involved in a huge several way clash for me, unfortunately, but will be seeing Sons of Kemet 100% (prefer them too!). Will be doing the mad dash to Low, so imagine I'll see you sprint past me.

Hmm, no DJ Seinfeld... maybe that'll be a visit to the SEC then. Avalon v Randomer is a horrible clash. Feel like most things this year -- from headliners to DJs -- are just gonna be play it by ear/mood on the day. (Ben I bet you think I'm bonkers)

Actually we should slam into one another somewhere by the entrance to Silver Hayes as I leg it from Avalon to make sure I'm there when the massive reverb of Quorum starts!

Ben

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

?‍♂️

It's in red on the Clashfinder, which in my odd world is a must-see. Are you gonna be right at the front?

When do we expect the Benfinder and associated T-shirt modelling?

Erm...

I'll be exactly where I should be, Fishy - dead centre, at just the right distance back from the stage to get the best sound vs. neck angle combo!

All BenFindersTM now finalised and ready for printing at work tomorrow (gods bless the NHS). I packed today, navigating that most challenging of tasks - confirming which five t-shirts have made the teamsheet for the final. It was tough this year.

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Alas – something tells me all those versus sets are DJ. They're all on site and doing a Total Refreshment Centre takeover on Sat too, so what with the logistical hurdles of going "vs" when live...yeah. I think that could be a fresh way of saying b2b.

Really? I had assumed it was a big live jam thing from what I read on the wormhole blurb, must've picked something upwrong. 

The Wormhole will be home to some of the best artists available in the fast developing UK jazz scene across the festival weekend.

The three main headline performances at the stage will all be unique double act combinations.

Jackson explained: "What we are inviting the bands to do is share the stage together, two at a time, and it will be an improvised collaboration each time.

"All six bands will be playing elsewhere in the festival, but when they come to our stage they will be improvising together at the same time.

"So the performances at the Wormhole will be completely unique and will never be seen again."

Comet is Coming VS Steam Down 

UK Jazz titans, Comet is Coming, meet up-and-comers Steam Down for a two hour extended collaborative set. Do not miss!

Ezra Collective VS Sons of Kemet 

Well what to say….if you know, then you know…if you don’t then get to know!! Two of the UK’s top “Jazz” acts go to head to head for a special two hour improvised set! Roadblock session... 

Kokoroko VS Joe Arnon-Jones 

One of the UK’s finest Afrobeat inspired groups meet the keys player of the moment, Joe Arnon-Jones for an extended set.

2 minutes ago, GWR said:

Comet is Coming VS Steam Down 

UK Jazz titans, Comet is Coming, meet up-and-comers Steam Down for a two hour extended collaborative set. Do not miss!

Ezra Collective VS Sons of Kemet 

This is very much on our To Do list! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Shit @GWR I had it all wrong - that sounds amazing. Thanks for the heads up!

No probs! I've picked up enough from ur suggestions over the last few months, eris drew being a real find for me, so glad to be of service! 

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

In between watching Liam Gallagher and The Chemical Brothers, I think I'll be at the Glade for Seth Troxler, nice warm up in my opinion. Not too banging, but gets you in the mood.....

Jungle filling that slot for me atm, but this would be a good alternative 

I've never been in the SEC on wednesday so no idea. I doubt its as bad as thursday though, less people on site. Though its hard to know how this year will compare to others with all the changes. Got that Avalon Emerson set on as I pack, PUMPED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT

Just in case people are setting off early (have you left yet, @Mezhyp1...you've got a farking long way to go...), and lest I forget, AND not to steal thunder from CrazyFool's general group forum hug in another thread...

Thanks for all your love and enthusiasm in this thread over the past two years, especially. I hope everyone would agree that, whilst it's never been cliquey, it has expanded hugely lately in terms of people wanting to come in and contribute. For me, it's become an incredibly welcoming and unassuming place, and the responses from many to countless requests for recs, guidance etc has been a wonderfully microcosmic representation of what the Glastonbury spirit means to me.

I am just about ready to burst.

Please, please, please, if you're at a set and would like to come and say hello and dance, but feel awkward, then don't. I'm a massively excitable and enthusiastic person (no...?!), but am also slightly awkward when first meeting new people. After five minutes, when I've hopefully convinced myself that they don't think I'm a tit, I'll relax and become my usual self! I would love to meet as many people from the thread as possible. I would love to share sets and experiences with you at Glastonbury. So, if you see me and fancy it, please come over.

By the same token, you might want nothing less, and I'll take no offence whatsoever from people steering well clear.

Essentially, have the fucking best Glastonbury E/D threaders.

I'll be dead centre, 10-15 metres from the booth ;)

Ben
x

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 10

Thank you so much @bennyhana22, @Ddiamondd, @FuzzyDunlop, @FloorFillerAnd EVERYONE else for giving me so much to see this year. It really is a wonderful sharing community and I’m excited to get out in front of those stages and dance amongst you all. 

Keep an eye out for me and @theevilfridge - we’ll be at Randomer in matching t-shirts on Thursday, Pangea in dresses on Friday, and wherever the night takes us beyond. My nighttime Clashfinder is now dwarfing my daytimes, but I’m Block 9 will be my home more often than not. 

Safe travels to the farm everyone!

• Upvote 2