Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m not the biggest Bicep fan in the world but I’d much rather watch them DJ than play live, same for Floating Points, Four Tet and Objekt. 

I've known them primarily as DJs so I agree with you there. The selection is going to be on point.

2 hours ago, uscore said:

What does not being a live set mean in practice for Bicep?  Will they play their own stuff,  play entirely different stuff, a bit of both?  Do we know what kind of thing goes in a Bicep dj set?

Shouldn't they make it clearer with a [dj] by the listing?  I'd feel a bit short changed if I hadn't read this thread, missed the last 15 minutes of Hot Chip and abandoned my friends to rush to Shangri-la, and then not recognised anything when I got there.

Saw Bicep DJ Set at Parklife in 2018, was fairly similar to their kind of stuff and they played a couple of their tracks (glue being notable), personally I think it gives them a bit more flexibility and variation which is better. They also have the Boiler Room set from AVA a few years back that suggests the same kind of vibe

1 minute ago, EZYSEY said:

Nooooo! Was a must see for me.

I'm a bit gutted about it myself i must admit. I think I'll sack off Perel now as well, as I'm going to see her in Subclub in a couple of weeks for a mates birthday. The squeeze into Avalon Emerson might be ever so slightly easier without Seinfeld, but that Beat Hotel is always rammed on the Thursday regardless 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm a bit gutted about it myself i must admit. I think I'll sack off Perel now as well, as I'm going to see her in Subclub in a couple of weeks for a mates birthday. The squeeze into Avalon Emerson might be ever so slightly easier without Seinfeld, but that Beat Hotel is always rammed on the Thursday regardless 

I'll be floating between Beat Hotel, SH and the Glade. If Beat Hotel is looking to much I'll swerve it completely.

11 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Would of been there for 4 hours with this kinda stuff. I love a bit of Psy ( any recomendations from the weekend?) but can only do it in the right mood. I'm always up for this. I love Glastonbury but I feel like its missing just a little bit of edge with this and some wider options 

There's some decent Psy on Thursday, @chazwwe - all Glade Lounge

Liquid Ross > Regan > Tristan

I'm doing LR > George Fitzgerald > Regan > Randomer > Tristan

I've 99% decided to forego the wonderful Partok after Randomer to dive back for the last >1hr of Tristan and make it a (mostly) proper trance night before the techno fests of Fri-Sun.

Ben

• Like 1

Sorry to be a cheeky git and go off message on the thread, but I'm just listening to The Comet Is Coming whilst packing (and getting distracted by the thread, of course).

Fuck me, those boys are unbelievable. Any E/D threaders gonna be there at West Holts? Super Zodiac will take the 'roof' off, and if Kate Tempest joins them for Blood of the Past, I might have a bit of a moment.

Ben

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m not the biggest Bicep fan in the world but I’d much rather watch them DJ than play live, same for Floating Points, Four Tet and Objekt. 

Thomas, Thomas...

Floating Points live (full band) are quite phenomenal...!

Were you there for that sunset Park set????

Oh my!

Ben

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

There's some decent Psy on Thursday, @chazwwe - all Glade Lounge

Liquid Ross > Regan > Tristan

I've 99% decided to forego the wonderful Partok after Randomer to dive back for the last >1hr of Tristan and make it a (mostly) proper trance night before the techno fests of Fri-Sun.

Ben

Thanks for ALL the replies bois and gurls. Got some real good stuff, didn't even know Trist' was on the lineup, thats pretty much sealed my Thursday after my folk afternoon off perfectly. 

12 hours ago, zico martin said:

I'm a complete ignoramus when it comes to dance music so dont know the different genres and sub genres. What's the more high energy stuff called? Asking for a friend like ;)

Is 190bpm too much ... if not get yourself to the salon Carousel late on friday night 

Edited by p45

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm really going to try and do George Fitzgerald and Randomer on Thursday. If you see me please say 'hi', would like to thank you for all the reccos (and I'm probably not going to make the efests Wednesday night meet up) 

39 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry to be a cheeky git and go off message on the thread, but I'm just listening to The Comet Is Coming whilst packing (and getting distracted by the thread, of course).

Fuck me, those boys are unbelievable. Any E/D threaders gonna be there at West Holts? Super Zodiac will take the 'roof' off, and if Kate Tempest joins them for Blood of the Past, I might have a bit of a moment.

Ben

TCIC are involved in a huge several way clash for me, unfortunately, but will be seeing Sons of Kemet 100% (prefer them too!). Will be doing the mad dash to Low, so imagine I'll see you sprint past me.

Hmm, no DJ Seinfeld... maybe that'll be a visit to the SEC then. Avalon v Randomer is a horrible clash. Feel like most things this year -- from headliners to DJs -- are just gonna be play it by ear/mood on the day. (Ben I bet you think I'm bonkers)

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Me, they're amazing ?️

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Intending to see at least two or three of The Comet Is Coming, Steam Down, Ezra Collective, Ishmael or whatever happens to be on in the Wormhole, yep! Comet have a raw deal overlapping with Rosalia and Lauryn Hill but will go with the flow of my group and might see them after all.

Jazz is having a big, boisterous, super-danceable moment and it would be remiss not to dial in in one way or another.

I def like to catch one of those late night wormhole sets too, the comet is coming vs Steam down is in the clashfinder (along with everything else lol). Really like kokoroko too so hoping to see them

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

?‍♂️

It's in red on the Clashfinder, which in my odd world is a must-see. Are you gonna be right at the front?

When do we expect the Benfinder and associated T-shirt modelling?