Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I agree. To be fair, that tune is on the harder edge of what Id play. Trance is an untapped Genre on the farm. There are rave / old skool djs playing.  If they put a Scot Bond on or a Eddie Halliwell Bosh set, that would go down well with me.

That kinda stuff in my head was always built for areas like Arcadia (ole spider boi) and Block 9 Underground but it never seemed to pop up in there. 

48 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There isnt any of that. I tried to get a gig in the glade lounge via someone I know, but didnt hear back. I wanted to play a gatecrasher style trance set, only as there isnt any at Glastonbury. Just Psy.

I wanted to play this kind of thing

Christ, that takes me back to Greece 2000 

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Would of been there for 4 hours with this kinda stuff. I love a bit of Psy ( any recomendations from the weekend?) but can only do it in the right mood. I'm always up for this. I love Glastonbury but I feel like its missing just a little bit of edge with this and some wider options 

Just now, zico martin said:

Yeah I guess that qualifies, any suggestions on the line up?

Hospitality takeovers, Andy C, Subfocus, Wilkinson, Dimension, that’s probably the most mainstream (as above video) I could pull from the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Thurs
Hospitality 8-midnight – Gas Tower
Fabio and Grooverider – 9-10 – Temple
DJ Hype – 10-11 – Temple

Fri
Hype/Randall - 9-10.30 - Sonic
Original Sin/Sub Zero 2.30-3.30 – Temple
Kasra V Randall – 3.30-4.30 – Temple

Sun
Andy C – 1-2 – Arcadia
Hospitality - midnight-5 - Samula

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, zico martin said:

If you're a bit of an old fart (like me), maybe consider the Stanton Warriors too. They're playing x4, including a couple of afternoon sets.

Breakbeat is a bit like slightly slowed down drum and bass - so it's good to bounce along to even in your advanced years, even if you have knee trouble!

On 6/20/2019 at 7:22 PM, Ddiamondd said:

I can speak with almost total confidence it will not be a live set. Like, 99.99999% – Bicep live is big bucks and a big production headache for anywhere smaller than a Printworks-sized venue.

The next time Bicep play live on the farm it'll be headlining or subbing WH/JP

What does not being a live set mean in practice for Bicep?  Will they play their own stuff,  play entirely different stuff, a bit of both?  Do we know what kind of thing goes in a Bicep dj set?

Shouldn't they make it clearer with a [dj] by the listing?  I'd feel a bit short changed if I hadn't read this thread, missed the last 15 minutes of Hot Chip and abandoned my friends to rush to Shangri-la, and then not recognised anything when I got there.

3 minutes ago, uscore said:

What does not being a live set mean in practice for Bicep?  Will they play their own stuff,  play entirely different stuff, a bit of both?  Do we know what kind of thing goes in a Bicep dj set?

Shouldn't they make it clearer with a [dj] by the listing?  I'd feel a bit short changed if I hadn't read this thread, missed the last 15 minutes of Hot Chip and abandoned my friends to rush to Shangri-la, and then not recognised anything when I got there.

Probably not much of their own stuff, maybe the odd unreleased tune or something like that on top (haven't seen Bicep dj in a long time). That and stuff that's about on Feel My Bicep or the sorts. 

Just a general dj set really. Not like their live show at all. 

I can understand why they didn't advertise it, because they said at the start of the year they wouldn't be doing anything live this year, but that doesn't really help people line up to line up who don't follow it as closely