Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Also, for everyone excited for Karenn, it's worth sticking about for Freakenstein if you have the stamina.

That is Tristan da Cunha's rarely-seen alias – hearing it's gonna be the nastier, sparkier, wigglier bits of ghettotech, electro, Warp-y pop, robo-funk... a sunrise freak zone (as the name implies).

RA gave him a very good write up from Gottwood

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Also, for everyone excited for Karenn, it's worth sticking about for Freakenstein if you have the stamina.

That is Tristan da Cunha's rarely-seen alias – hearing it's gonna be the nastier, sparkier, wigglier bits of ghettotech, electro, Warp-y pop, robo-funk... a sunrise freak zone (as the name implies).

Thats right up my street. Rolling and bouncy. Driving duties on Monday so will have called it by then unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Can't see the video at work...grrr

But that description could easily see me dismissing Felix and/or Seth from my Monday morning...

Ben

25 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Is this the set that sparked recent controversy from a stupid review? Turns out it’s from the same review but different set. Up for ghetto tech anyway. DJ Nasty for the culture. 

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers

hellos there dance threaders can anyone recomend some hard stuff 

this year it looks like theres a good bit more hardtek / ragatek with edcox/ecoli, mandidextrous, Mattscratch ,lady lox, t-mennace and tanukichi  all at salon carousel and of course theres liquidross etc on the psytrance front  but can anyone recomend some more hard 4/4 beats 

thanks in advance see yall on the dancefloors (by the stack at the left )

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Gah - stop it. I don't need anymore last-thing-Sunday recommendations. I'm already at DJ Storm (I'm not really - it's too far away, but would love to be), Felix, Slipmatt or Seth.

Lalala... not listening. 

Bit of a bump for this because Boiler Room seem to have just reposted it... (what an incredible set btw) but as a SE Corner newbie having been with friends turning down the queue each night in 2017, I was wondering if it's likely to get in to Block 9 in good time for HAAi's set at Genosys at 2am if staying till the end of Hot Chip in The Park? Both are serious MUST sees for me so I can't leave early from Hot Chip really, but am extremely game for her 2am set at Genosys. Any ideas if its doable, or will the queues be a bit touch and go? 

3 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Bit of a bump for this because Boiler Room seem to have just reposted it... (what an incredible set btw) but as a SE Corner newbie having been with friends turning down the queue each night in 2017, I was wondering if it's likely to get in to Block 9 in good time for HAAi's set at Genosys at 2am if staying till the end of Hot Chip in The Park? Both are serious MUST sees for me so I can't leave early from Hot Chip really, but am extremely game for her 2am set at Genosys. Any ideas if its doable, or will the queues be a bit touch and go? 

On 6/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, Fishman said:

I hot-footed it straight to the SEC after Flaming Lips on the Friday last time and waltzed straight in (Saturday will be busier though). Go past the tipis, into the bottom of the Stones' field and through the Greenfields. As long as you're fast, you should be fine.

Certainly do-able ... see above. Don't hang around!

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

It's very doable, just don't be put off by the queues at SEC, they go down very quickly, even a long queue is going to take you no more than about 20 mins. 

Fantastic, thanks! Very keen to make the most of the SE Corner this year having not done so last time around.

1 hour ago, p45 said:

this year it looks like theres a good bit more hardtek / ragatek with edcox/ecoli, mandidextrous, Mattscratch ,lady lox, t-mennace and tanukichi  all at salon carousel and of course theres liquidross etc on the psytrance front  but can anyone recomend some more hard 4/4 beats 

Eat static - live in the glade on Sunday night 

20 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

It's very doable, just don't be put off by the queues at SEC, they go down very quickly, even a long queue is going to take you no more than about 20 mins.

Heard so much about these Queues going into 2017 and got down before headliners finished to get in line for NYC Downlow access (still a good hours wait there. Thankfully in for 1am Hunee set that I wanted) but 20 minutes for SEC queue is not as bad as I imagined in my head.

5 minutes ago, Walker2295 said:

Heard so much about these Queues going into 2017 and got down before headliners finished to get in line for NYC Downlow access (still a good hours wait there. Thankfully in for 1am Hunee set that I wanted) but 20 minutes for SEC queue is not as bad as I imagined in my head.

Huh? I left Radiohead during the encore and swear I walked straight into NYC Downlow :S

5 minutes ago, Walker2295 said:

The queues for Downlow are a right mare tbh, not sure how the late night entry will work this year, as you used to come into Glasto Latino (since moved) and that was always empty, so that field was good for getting a lot of people through and into the corner quickly. If they use the same entrance point it will open straight into IICON so think it will probably get a rethink.

1 hour ago, p45 said:

Giant Swan on Glade, 2125-2225h Sunday.

You'd have to forego a headliner, but I can guarantee you it will be hard...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Giant Swan on Glade, 2125-2225h Sunday.

You'd have to forego a headliner, but I can guarantee you it will be hard...

Ben

Also on The Spike, Thursday 11:30. It could startle a few of the cocktail crowd.