Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I've considered it the last few years but always chickened out. I can spit A Milli from start to finish from memory but it's not really a "party" rap song, and a lot of the choices are ones that get the crowd going. I think most people doing it are well prepared, although I've seen some shambolic performances ?

Go for it. I was bricking it when I got up there but it's such a highlight for me. I did Skepta/JME That's Not Me and a woman came up to me hours later in the S.E. Corner, having recognised me and was so lovely about seeing me. It was ace. The crowd are up for it which really helps. Then you can say you performed at Glastonbury to a tent full of people. And if it is a shambles, which it doesn't sound like it will be, you will have entertained everyone.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joemason96 said:

with maceos what are they actually checking to let people in? do block 9 staff have their own separate wristband or is it the standard glasto staff wristband?

i’m trading this year so won’t have the standard punter wristband it’s the staff one so hoping this and a combination of some blagging might wangle me in...

I'm playing a few sets around the festival across the weekend at the Avalon Café, Bimble Inn and the Green Room Bar (which is backstage in the T&C area). Just wondering if any accreditation I may get (particularly for the T&C backstage) is likely to allow me to get into Maceo's or any other crew or backstage bar? I won't be able to get into the site until Wednesday so no visiting the bars early and getting local wristbands for the individual bars/areas unfortunately.

Edited by Johnnyseven

Hello Gang,

Just wanted to pop my head up and say thanks for all the tips, links and sets that have published on here over the last two (too) long years. For an old duffer like me, whose days of late nights out have mostly passed, it has been a great source for where my night-time wanderings may take me in a few days. (A few days!!). The knowledge and enthusiasm for the genre has been amazing on this thread. The recommendations and set-links have now meant that my after-hours clashfinder is a mess of colours and that is a wonderful thing. I tend to be the last of my lot out and about in the wee small hours, so would be happy to shuffle about in the company of others, if that becomes a thing.

My Fishfinder is currently looking as follows:

Friday: Start with a bit of old school jungle with Altern8 (Babylon); then over to the crowds at Coxy & JJ (Pangea); followed by Charlotte d W (Pangea); probably into the SEC for Zenker & Stenny on Iicon

Saturday: All roads lead to Monika Kruse in The Temple at 4:30 …. probably via Bicep & then Haai (Is her name G’daai in her native tongue?)

Sunday: Genosys as soon as Janelle finishes for Josh Wink; pop into Max Cooper AV show for a bit; contrast this with some Karenn and either Felix back at Genosys or Slipmatt back at The Gas Tower.

See you soon!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Very sad news today that Phillipe Zdar from Cassius/Motorbass (and behind the mixing disk for so many greats) has died in an accident.

The small positive is we will be hearing so many of his classics banged out all weekend long. But still, what a body blow.

Just heard this on the news. Tragic. 

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Very sad news today that Phillipe Zdar from Cassius/Motorbass (and behind the mixing disk for so many greats) has died in an accident.

The small positive is we will be hearing so many of his classics banged out all weekend long. But still, what a body blow.

Got some tunes that could make the weekend if they're trashed out at the right time by people. Very sad 

18 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Embarrassingly, I really didn't know Cassius as an act, but this is very sad. And early 50's is no age in the dance scene these days. In fact, it's a lot of the guys of that age who are showing the newbies the right path, in this age of insta-music.

:(

Ben

41 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sad news. Had this one on loop this morning. So many Ibiza memories...

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Okay, having seen the photo, what sets should I try and get to on IICON? Open to all suggestions... 

Zenker Bros, Karenn and thanks to a recommendation from here confirmed by my mates Batu he’s sick. Hessel Audio a big highlight for me too. That’s Ben UFO, Pangea and Pearson Sound. 

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers

On 6/16/2019 at 5:25 PM, clitbang said:

Never seen these, i thought they played DnB? 

you'd be missing a treat missing them, Saturday is a good day 18:00 green peace, then you get some Elvis fronted Nirvana and some Norman Jay, then straight to the chems

they are also playing 03:00 later that night at the bimble inn

you will find me at both 

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Zenker Bros, Karenn and thanks to a recommendation from here confirmed by my mates Batu he’s sick. 

Many thanks ?

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

K

A

R

E

N

N

Ben

Haha I'm seeing a theme here :P can someone point me in the direction of a good set to check out? There's not one on the Google sheets.