Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, this... it's going to have to be one end or the other. The Stonebridge run is really strong on Sunday, but whether the Stonebridge crowd / ground is up to scratch by then, will have to see.

Stonebridge is really strong every day this year.

I could happily stay there all day on Saturday. I wandered into hip hop karaoke in-between acts in the park a couple of years ago and it was brilliant!

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

This might sound daft but I don’t wanna end my Glastonbury at Stonebridge as much as I like it it’s just a tent in the Park. I know for a fact most of my crew will see Pearson Sound and Call Super then just go back the tent saying they’re knackered. If I’ve got them at Bloc9 they’ll stay till the death. 

Not daft at all. Rain or shine, I'm finishing my festival dancing in the great outdoors with whatever kindred spirits want to squeeze the last drop out of it. After two long years, it's the least the Farm can expect from me...

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Not daft at all. Rain or shine, I'm finishing my festival dancing in the great outdoors with whatever kindred spirits want to squeeze the last drop out of it. After two long years, it's the least the Farm can expect from me...

Ben

Exactly. I want to finish it dancing in daylight or at least sun coming up. Then the long walk back to the tent taking it all in saying your goodbyes to places. It’s never sad it’s always nice. You’ve had your fun. Can take you 3 hours to get back your tent dicking about. 

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

This might sound daft but I don’t wanna end my Glastonbury at Stonebridge as much as I like it it’s just a tent in the Park. I know for a fact most of my crew will see Pearson Sound and Call Super then just go back the tent saying they’re knackered. If I’ve got them at Bloc9 they’ll stay till the death. 

My crew are the same, I'm usually the last one each night so I know for a fact I'd have no hope of dragging them from the park to the SEC but I think they're all going for Daniel Avery and haai in the beat hotel so Sunday will be solo anyway. Whatever I decide early in the night though I intend to finish up in the gas tower.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Exactly. I want to finish it dancing in daylight or at least sun coming up. Then the long walk back to the tent taking it all in saying your goodbyes to places. It’s never sad it’s always nice. You’ve had your fun. Can take you 3 hours to get back your tent dicking about. 

Totally this. If I’ve done it properly, then as magnificent as it’s been, by 5am on a Monday, I’m done!

Ben

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Maceo's – not sure it's announced yet, think it's tomorrow. Am following Benji B so expecting a crowd to disperse fast as I fail to bring Virgil Abloh along for moral support.

From what I can see, Denis Sulta is playing a 7am disco and funk set on Friday morning, which should be beyond messy.

Disco, funk and trance classics? 

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

It'll be very busy but my gut says a good portion of the crowd may struggle with it as the closer – amazing tough-as-nails music, but not a lot of levity. Bit of a tricky slot for them.

yeah well this is my issue, i dont have a closer! im more of a happy electronic music listener. bit slower and not as hard as most the stuff thats big now. but no idea who those ppl may be hah. DJ Koze / nicolas jarr / j hopkins are more my bag

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Maceo's – not sure it's announced yet, think it's tomorrow. Am following Benji B so expecting a crowd to disperse fast as I fail to bring Virgil Abloh along for moral support.

From what I can see, Denis Sulta is playing a 7am disco and funk set on Friday morning, which should be beyond messy.

Amazing! Always wanted to see inside Maceos at glasto, they done the crew bar at bestival one year and it was amazing. Kerry Chandler played in a shipping container it was brilliant.

Surprised there's not been more uptake on the Rhythm Section takeover of Stonebridge on the Friday... hopefully means itll be less busy for my mates and I.

The night time is ridiculous this year. Spoilt for choice doesn't even cover it. Stuck between trying to properly plan it or to identify 4 or 5 'must sees' and take it as it goes! 

1 hour ago, TheBurns said:

Stonebridge is really strong every day this year.

I could happily stay there all day on Saturday. I wandered into hip hop karaoke in-between acts in the park a couple of years ago and it was brilliant!

Yes, I have performed at Hip Hop Karaoke ? I’m considering a return this year 

I've considered it the last few years but always chickened out. I can spit A Milli from start to finish from memory but it's not really a "party" rap song, and a lot of the choices are ones that get the crowd going. I think most people doing it are well prepared, although I've seen some shambolic performances ?

with maceos what are they actually checking to let people in? do block 9 staff have their own separate wristband or is it the standard glasto staff wristband?

i’m trading this year so won’t have the standard punter wristband it’s the staff one so hoping this and a combination of some blagging might wangle me in...

12 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Resident freak over here yeah I’m very tall. Great for all my mates when I say we’re at this stage than can find me pretty quickly. 

I am properly struggling at work now. Finish on Friday considering not bothering at all. 

I am as small as you are tall (5ft 5). If you feel yourself trod on a small, Scottish guy with long hair then we have crossed paths 

• Upvote 1