Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I've never had any major issues getting into the SEC, but whenever I have gone it's been a mad dash after the headliners. I am quite worried about Saturday night though, I want to spend my entire evening in Block 9 but I have committed to seeing Hot Chip. I might have to rethink my strategy, I'm going to see Hot Chip at Ally Pally anyway, so might need to convince some mates to leave a bit early from to make the trek down from the Park.

I hot-footed it straight to the SEC after Flaming Lips on the Friday last time and waltzed straight in (Saturday will be busier though). Go past the tipis, into the bottom of the Stones' field and through the Greenfields. As long as you're fast, maybe trying to keep up with Benny, you should be fine.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Yeah, it's the circular one that's like a bullring. If it's muddy but not raining, you'll def be fine standing around the 'edges' which is all raised, like steps going upwards for the 'auditorium' effect.

thanks. I thought it was that one.  

So these are my nights. Obviously this may all go out the window at any stage.

Thurs: Ross From Friends > John Digweed > Prospa > Mall Grab

Fri: Jon Hopkins > Four Tet in Wow. Open to suggestions after that!

Sat: Chem Brothers > Jon Hopkins DJ > Haai > Monika Kruse

Sun: Daniel Avery B2B Haai > Fontaines DC > Felix Dickinson

Open to suggestions for wednesday too

13 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Wednesday is really very limited, and understandably so. If you genuinely want dance, it's pretty much the Download/Meat Rack or nowt.

Greenpeace has stuff. But it's all very much slim pickings. As such, I am (no really) just going to bimble with friends. And if I end up in bed 'early', after a 0400h start and a long day, then that's fine. All the more energy to cane it Thursday through Monday!

Ben

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’m in. Who we watching? 

OOOOH!

Well...it's all in the Glade Lounge, and my plan is:

Liquid Ross for half an hour until George Fitzgerald on Glade

If George is unpleasantly busy (possible), then  back to Liquid Ross until 2200h

Then Regan at 2200h for an hour

Then off to Randomer on Genosys (techno, obvs)

Then I'll see how Partok is. I mean, he's bloody excellent, so if he's incredible I'll stay at Genosys until 0300h, but I'd reserve the option to dive back to the Glade Lounge for Tristan, who woule be the pick of the trance DJs.

In fact, the more I think of it, the more I think I will go back to Glade Lounge. I get to see so little Trance, and I've got excellent techno on Fri, Sat and Sunday, so maybe I need to commit to Tristan. 

Don't think I can miss Randomer, though...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

1 minute ago, Jay89 said:

We should do a meet at the temple for Monika Kruse, so far she’s probably the most common must see for folks here ?

I always feel slightly awkward suggesting these things as there's every chance people will privately want nothing less than meeting up with randoms that they only know from in here...

But I'd be well up for a thread meet-up for Monika, or any other set that people fancy. By the same token, I won't be offended by that suggestion being met with deafening silence...

Ben

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I am literally the only one in here in anyway interested in Thursday Night Is Trance Night®️, aren't I?

Hello?

Anyone?

:)

Ben

There's a few things i'm interested in around the Glade area in Thursday, i'll probably dip in and out of a few stages as the mood takes me. Will also probably head to Block9 after in search of techno too.

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I always feel slightly awkward suggesting these things as there's every chance people will privately want nothing less than meeting up with randoms that they only know from in here...

Shit, I actually didn’t think about it at all! I’ll hold me horses ?

The main reason I avoid agreeing to meet people is I can't guarantee what state I'll be in ?

George FitzGerald is a must for me, but my experience in the Glade on the Thursday is it's always a nightmare. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

The main reason I avoid agreeing to meet people is I can't guarantee what state I'll be in ?

George FitzGerald is a must for me, but my experience in the Glade on the Thursday is it's always a nightmare. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. 

I really don't think that need be a concern, zeppelin. I don't think you'll be an outlier...!

?

Ben

These are my nights, could change though depending on crowds and there's a bit of overlap so I'll decide on the night.

Thurs: Topping makina set > George Firzgerald > DJ Seinfeld > Avalon Emerson > Tristan

Fri: Jon Hopkins > Altern8 > Carl Cox Jamie Jones > CdW > Eric Morillo > James Hillard

Sat: Chems > Larry Heard > Hessle Audio > Monika Kruse

Sun: Pearson Sound Ondo Fudd > Karenn > Felix Dickinson > Altern8 Slipmatt

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

We should do a meet at the temple for Monika Kruse, so far she’s probably the most common must see for folks here ?

Is there a preferred spot at The Temple .... down near the front about 15m back, dead centre?

I'll say hello ... and a hug. Won't be capable of much else by then.

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Zenker Bros on Friday at IICON. I’m gonna try and check out Ben UFO b2b Craig Richards at Wow after Tame Impala. Ben UFO probably my favourite DJ at the farm. 

My Wednesday plans are get wrecked and trudge down to the Downlow/Meat Rack. I’d have thought they’ll be playing crowd pleasing tunes to an extent with it being the first night. I personally can’t wait to get started and go way, way too hard on the first night done it every year.

With regards to meeting up you’ll spot me I’m 6’7 with a big nose and very northern Come say hello! 

1 hour ago, TheBurns said:

These are my nights, could change though depending on crowds and there's a bit of overlap so I'll decide on the night.

Thurs: Topping makina set > George Firzgerald > DJ Seinfeld > Avalon Emerson > Tristan

Fri: Jon Hopkins > Altern8 > Carl Cox Jamie Jones > CdW > Eric Morillo > James Hillard

Sat: Chems > Larry Heard > Hessle Audio > Monika Kruse

Sun: Pearson Sound Ondo Fudd > Karenn > Felix Dickinson > Altern8 Slipmatt

Would love to see Pearson Sound b2b Call Super and Karenn but can’t see the cross site trek making it possible. Seen Call Super with Ben UFO two weekends ago, got tickets for him at White Hotel in July too so reluctantly dropping that one. Shame because it’ll be class.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Would love to see Pearson Sound b2b Call Super and Karenn but can’t see the cross site trek making it possible. Seen Call Super with Ben UFO two weekends ago, got tickets for him at White Hotel in July too so reluctantly dropping that one. Shame because it’ll be class.

Yeah I know it's as far away as you could get. The plan is to go to stonebridge and if I'm really enjoying it to stay then continue with the plan. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, this... it's going to have to be one end or the other. The Stonebridge run is really strong on Sunday, but whether the Stonebridge crowd / ground is up to scratch by then, will have to see.

This might sound daft but I don’t wanna end my Glastonbury at Stonebridge as much as I like it it’s just a tent in the Park. I know for a fact most of my crew will see Pearson Sound and Call Super then just go back the tent saying they’re knackered. If I’ve got them at Bloc9 they’ll stay till the death.