Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What’re people’s plans/what’s good on the Sunday night?

Currently got Avalon Emerson > Job Jobse for Thursday, Idles > end of Carl Cox/Jamie Jones > Charlotte de Witte for Friday and Bicep or Fatboy Eats Everything > HAAI for the Saturday but bit stuck on what’s good post-headliners on the Sunday. Techno/house/disco/bangers all welcome. 

My Sunday night is very DnB-centric with a sprinkle of techno for good measure. Starting with Dimension then Andy C on Pangaea, followed by Karenn on IICON, then finishing off with the Hospitality lads in Samula for as long as my legs, body, head and mind can manage 

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks for bumping us to get back in here, @hmmmloddy

I think many people, me included, are just in that limbo of being really close to the festival, but not quite close enough to have entered the exponential excitement curve!

My clashfinders are 99% done. I'm working all week and at the weekend, so it's really Monday that will kick it all off for me.

And regarding the weather - and I am, sadly, unable to stay out of the Weather Thread 2019...sighs... - if the 2016 shitstorm didn't affect my raving, then nothing 2019 can throw at me will. I don't think I have any night-time stuff under a roof, save for a little bit of trance in the Glade Lounge. I've invested in a new poncho (it's really nice! I'm very excited, and happy not to be using single-use plastic ones...) and so I will not change my plan one iota.

And anyway, the weather is going to be fucking brilliant. So that's all good.

:)

Ben

Same, I have speculated and planned all I can and now I'm in a stasis, like in a starting position for a race, waiting for the signal to go, go, go. The only difference the weather has made to me is adjusting the picture of the festival left in my head from 2017 and nudging it closer (but not too close) to 2016. And also capitulating to taking wellies and walking boots again, when I swore this was the year, I would just brave walking boots. Other than that, I'm ready to rave, come rain, mud or shine.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

For me Sunday is either:

- Seeing out the Beat Hotel in style with Daniel Avery b2b Haai; or, 

- The Black Madonna into Mr Fingers down NYC Downlow. 

Your other days look shockingly similar to mine though! Although swap Idles for Hopkins. 

Yeah the two you mentioned were what caught my attention but also things I imagine will be pretty rammed. Might just have to bite the bullet and queue and/or force my way in. Doesn’t help that they’re both at opposite ends of the site ?

Knowing me I’ll be in too much of a state to stick to any solid plans but after years of missing almost all of my planned night acts due to excessive aimless wandering I’m determined to actually see the Sunday out properly this time.

21 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks for bumping us to get back in here, @hmmmloddy

I think many people, me included, are just in that limbo of being really close to the festival, but not quite close enough to have entered the exponential excitement curve!

My clashfinders are 99% done. I'm working all week and at the weekend, so it's really Monday that will kick it all off for me.

And regarding the weather - and I am, sadly, unable to stay out of the Weather Thread 2019...sighs... - if the 2016 shitstorm didn't affect my raving, then nothing 2019 can throw at me will. I don't think I have any night-time stuff under a roof, save for a little bit of trance in the Glade Lounge. I've invested in a new poncho (it's really nice! I'm very excited, and happy not to be using single-use plastic ones...) and so I will not change my plan one iota.

And anyway, the weather is going to be fucking brilliant. So that's all good.

:)

Ben

I'm poncho curious. 

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Off-topic but I know a few have mentioned they'd like to see Aphex at Worthy Farm this year. If he doesn't turn up anywhere, this might be a nice consolation...

at.jpg

Enough of this Robyn for JPT TBC - it's OBVIOUSLY going to Ricky D. James. 

Sunday night plan looking very, er, eclectic! My coach isn't until 1pm, so plan is to see it through until 5am. Specifics could well go out of the window though - I find all bets are off as to where exactly you'll end up by the time Monday am turns up.

Eat Static – midnight-1.30 - Glade
Andy C – 1-2 – Arcadia
808 DJ - 2-3 - flying bus
Hospitality - midnight-5 - Samula
Special guest - 2-3 - Gas Tower
Altern8/slipmatt - 4-5 - Gas Tower

Edited by Homer

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think I quite clearly mentioned that my clashfinders are 99% done.

So don't go throwing this curveball at me now!

Ben

That's what Wednesday evening on the Park Hill is for, the ultimate finalisation (pending sudden amendments) ?

5 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

my only Glasto experience is 2016 - pretty much every night by 11pm/midnight they had closed off the SE corner or at least had some long queuing system in place. was that solely down to the conditions and unsafe mud in crowds, or can i expect the same again next week?

Yes, I think it was more about conditions. When they weather is OK, they don't 'close' the SEC, but you may have a long wait in the cattle pens at peak entry times, before you get in.

My feeling is very much that the sheer breadth of late night stuff across the whole site is significantly expanded, even since 2017 and so, whilst the SEC will always be busy as it is like a homing beacon for people 'to have a look', I think it will be noticeably less congested. How the weather plays into that is, as for all aspects of the festival at this point, anyone's guess!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

I've never had any major issues getting into the SEC, but whenever I have gone it's been a mad dash after the headliners. I am quite worried about Saturday night though, I want to spend my entire evening in Block 9 but I have committed to seeing Hot Chip. I might have to rethink my strategy, I'm going to see Hot Chip at Ally Pally anyway, so might need to convince some mates to leave a bit early from to make the trek down from the Park.

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I've never had any major issues getting into the SEC, but whenever I have gone it's been a mad dash after the headliners. I am quite worried about Saturday night though, I want to spend my entire evening in Block 9 but I have committed to seeing Hot Chip. I might have to rethink my strategy, I'm going to see Hot Chip at Ally Pally anyway, so might need to convince some mates to leave a bit early from to make the trek down from the Park.

Just go watch The Killers instead - job done!

15 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Jesus, might just head down to IICON for the Hyperdub thing to be fair, or possibly go and see Wu Tang, at no point is going to see The Killers an option.

Quite right!

I’m in the same boat, Matt. Defo going to watch Hot Chip (plan is Kate Tempest, nip down the hill for a bit of Four Tet on Arcadia, back up to HC) but leave before the end to get into Block9 for the beginning of Anthony Parasole.

You not for the magnificent Monika on the list to round off Saturday night?

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Quite right!

I’m in the same boat, Matt. Defo going to watch Hot Chip (plan is Kate Tempest, nip down the hill for a bit of Four Tet on Arcadia, back up to HC) but leave before the end to get into Block9 for the beginning of Anthony Parasole.

You not for the magnificent Monika on the list to round off Saturday night?

Ben

I am actually, my spreadsheet tells me that the below is my Saturday plan.

Larry Heard - Hessle Audio - Haai - Monika Kruse

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of my decisions depend on how good IICON is. If the sound is banging and there’s enough space to have a good dance it’s taking priority over everything. 

Saturday night looks like LG - Chem Bros - Larry Heard - Hessel - Haai/Gideon/Tony Humphries depending on what we fancy. Can see Hessel going int Haai better than Tony Humphries but maybe we’ll fancy a change of tempo direction.

Sunday is Karren then see what people fancy, so many options it’s just best to be at Bloc9 then decide, although Eris Drew is tempting and I’ll see fuck all else at The Temple. But then she’s at Dekmantel.

20 minutes ago, uscore said:

Is The Temple an outdoor stage/venue?

Yeah, it's the circular one that's like a bullring. If it's muddy but not raining, you'll def be fine standing around the 'edges' which is all raised, like steps going upwards for the 'auditorium' effect.