Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

51 minutes ago, Homer said:

No, they're big, bass-heavy breaks all the way. Are playing fours sets, I believe, including a couple in the afternoon (Spaceport Sunday being one).

If you would be so kind could you link ne to a few songs they might play?

46 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I think this might be the first year I actually see Stanton Warriors. They're highlighted every year but never made it. This year I've got high hopes for either Spaceport or Bimble Inn.

Spaceport will def happen. Was going to go for their Greenpeace set - but now looks like it clashes with Foals.

7 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Thing is, there are loads of them! Was sat there and watched someone playing a Hardcore / Gabber version* of Shiela's Wheels theme once. Had to be seen / heard to be believed.

*Or they had the sample and was chopping it in

I’m in a stunned kind of awe at this

On 6/16/2019 at 7:36 AM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Dekmantel for me is the perfect electronic music festival. Really nice location, good weather but not unbearable, easy access to drugs (sorry but this is an important part of your festival), the stages are all great and the sound is mega, you can stay in Amsterdam centre or closer to the festival, it’s during pride weekend so a trip in city centre after is class, they have some really good nightclubs in Amsterdam (De School, Shelter) for afters. It’s easy to go Dekmantel and after the monumental effort of Glastonbury I can’t wait to just run around somewhere small without a care in the world. 

As for the U.K ones they all look really good especially Houghton and I’ve heard such great things but nar days it’s only Glastonbury I’m willing to put up with British Summertime and camping unless it’s a local thing such as Bluedot. 

In short I can’t be bothered going to a lot of the above mentioned. Dekmantel is a doddle so it’s a winner from me.

this. Dekmantel is fantastic.

Katharsis is also on in the city that weekend for afters, if you're into techno/industrial.

Christ it's all gone a bit quiet on here. Is everyone (like me) just looking at the weather thread and meticulously reworking their raving plans to suit the five different versions of wet/dry that could still happen? Or is everyone just committed to their plan whatever the weather?

3 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

Christ it's all gone a bit quiet on here. Is everyone (like me) just looking at the weather thread and meticulously reworking their raving plans to suit the five different versions of wet/dry that could still happen? Or is everyone just committed to their plan whatever the weather?

Hadn’t even thought about the weather affecting my night time antics tbh although I guess maybe I should, although with the rest of the site no doubt thinking the same I’m sure all of the already overcrowded indoor venues will become even more impenetrable when a few spots of rain start to fall, so fuck it, Arcadia and Genosys in the rain it is

5 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

I've stayed off the website since early June, partly because I have all the information I need, partly because I can't be tempted into looking at the weather threads, partly because I avoid any spoilers/photos from the site and being slightly superstitious, I did the same in 2017 and the weather turned out great!

Hope everyone is getting excited! 

7 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

Thanks for bumping us to get back in here, @hmmmloddy

I think many people, me included, are just in that limbo of being really close to the festival, but not quite close enough to have entered the exponential excitement curve!

My clashfinders are 99% done. I'm working all week and at the weekend, so it's really Monday that will kick it all off for me.

And regarding the weather - and I am, sadly, unable to stay out of the Weather Thread 2019...sighs... - if the 2016 shitstorm didn't affect my raving, then nothing 2019 can throw at me will. I don't think I have any night-time stuff under a roof, save for a little bit of trance in the Glade Lounge. I've invested in a new poncho (it's really nice! I'm very excited, and happy not to be using single-use plastic ones...) and so I will not change my plan one iota.

And anyway, the weather is going to be fucking brilliant. So that's all good.

:)

Ben

What’re people’s plans/what’s good on the Sunday night?

Currently got Avalon Emerson > Job Jobse for Thursday, Idles > end of Carl Cox/Jamie Jones > Charlotte de Witte for Friday and Bicep or Fatboy Eats Everything > HAAI for the Saturday but bit stuck on what’s good post-headliners on the Sunday. Techno/house/disco/bangers all welcome. 

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Off-topic but I know a few have mentioned they'd like to see Aphex at Worthy Farm this year. If he doesn't turn up anywhere, this might be a nice consolation...

at.jpg

Aphex Twin and Caterina Barbieri on one line up???

That is incredible.

And begs the question as to just what crowd it will pull!!

She is a genius.

Ben

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Currently got Avalon Emerson > Job Jobse for Thursday, Idles > end of Carl Cox/Jamie Jones > Charlotte de Witte for Friday and Bicep or Fatboy Eats Everything > HAAI for the Saturday but bit stuck on what’s good post-headliners on the Sunday. Techno/house/disco/bangers all welcome. 

This is me for Sunday night. Yellow highlights are the 'what I intend to be doing'.

Ben

Edit - sorry, thought that would come up as visible, not an attachment. Not clever enough to resolve it!

Plan is Josh Wink > Max Cooper (30 mins) > Karenn > Felix D or Seth T or seek the best rave

Sunday Night BenFinder.docx

Edited by bennyhana22

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

For me Sunday is either:

- Seeing out the Beat Hotel in style with Daniel Avery b2b Haai; or, 

- The Black Madonna into Mr Fingers down NYC Downlow. 

Your other days look shockingly similar to mine though! Although swap Idles for Hopkins.