Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

What’s people’s experience of the Wow tent like? Can’t recall ever seeing anyone there!

Really want to see Four Tet at some point over the weekend and the Friday night slot is my only option really. Is it going to be absolutely rammo? Is the soundsystem any good?

Sound is ‘fine’, but nothing much more to these ears, when I’ve been in. Rammedness really does depend on day and time slot and who else is on around the site. I’d say it’ll be pretty darn full at 0100h on the Friday night as he’s one of the two main attractions (alongside the BH) on at that time for dance heads who have decided not yet to have gone over to the SEC. 

Ben

14 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

What’s people’s experience of the Wow tent like? Can’t recall ever seeing anyone there!

Really want to see Four Tet at some point over the weekend and the Friday night slot is my only option really. Is it going to be absolutely rammo? Is the soundsystem any good?

It’s on my clashfinder but it’ll be absolutely rammed I reckon. We tried to see DJ EZ at a similar time post headliner the other year and it was like 10 deep out the tent by the time we got there. 

Late Nite Tuff Guy and Joe Goddard as an alternative is what I’ll do if it’s packed. 

18 minutes ago, Divein said:

It’s on my clashfinder but it’ll be absolutely rammed I reckon. We tried to see DJ EZ at a similar time post headliner the other year and it was like 10 deep out the tent by the time we got there. 

Late Nite Tuff Guy and Joe Goddard as an alternative is what I’ll do if it’s packed. 

Same here, think it was 2016 djez was in there on that slot? couldn't even get properly in the tent and even in the outskirts there were elbows flying. Not a nice vibe. There are a few people of like to hear in there this year so hoping its a bit different 

Thanks for the info - I’m going to be at Jon Hopkins on Friday, so ideally placed for SEC and not Silver Hayes ?

The option is seeing him at 11am the morning after at Stonebridge and maybe catching him at one of his own shows later on in the year. I suppose there may be a secret set sometime over the weekend too.

4 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Thanks for the info - I’m going to be at Jon Hopkins on Friday, so ideally placed for SEC and not Silver Hayes ?

The option is seeing him at 11am the morning after at Stonebridge and maybe catching him at one of his own shows later on in the year. I suppose there may be a secret set sometime over the weekend too.

Not fancy Cox/Jones and then CdW after Jon Hopkins...?

Ben

What are people’s plans for the Thursday night? Seen Mall Grab before but there’s also Prospa, Mella Dee and Laurence Guy in the Glade, but Randomer in Genosys is borderline unmissable ... this doesn’t even take into account that I’ll be missing Richy Ahmed is either case- As a glasto virgin I am blown away at the amount on offer even on the Thursday 

4 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

What are people’s plans for the Thursday night? Seen Mall Grab before but there’s also Prospa, Mella Dee and Laurence Guy in the Glade, but Randomer in Genosys is borderline unmissable ... this doesn’t even take into account that I’ll be missing Richy Ahmed is either case- As a glasto virgin I am blown away at the amount on offer even on the Thursday 

Thursday night will be very busy I would imagine, so have chosen to stay around the Silver Hayes side of the siten. This keeps the option of Seinfeld, Avalon Emerson, Mall Grab, Hammer and Mella Dee open depending on how busy WOW, BH and Blues are

In previous years the Thursday night at the WOW stage has been absolute carnage, so I will probably avoid that part of the site this year, will head to Fitzgerald and then go to SEC and try to see Randomer and Denzel Curry, or might just end up at the Greenpeace stage for Simian Mobile Disco followed by Jamz Supernova - my plan is to take it fairly easy on Thursday night this year, in stark contrast to previous years.

28 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

George Fitzgerald (Live) - Glade

Liquid Ross/Regan - Glade Lounge

Randomer - Genosys

Partok - Genosys (though, depending on how it is at Genosys, and considering how much good techno I have to come, I might sneak back to the Glade Lounge for the last hour of Tristan, so as properly to scratch my Glastonbury Trance itch!)

Ben

Have a decision to make re: Jon Hopkins.

Would obviously be a great buzz to see him on WH, but he's at another festival we're heading to in August. Could be tempted by Hype B2B Randall into late Arcadia, or an early shift across in SE. 

1 minute ago, rubick said:

Have a decision to make re: Jon Hopkins.

Would obviously be a great buzz to see him on WH, but he's at another festival we're heading to in August. Could be tempted by Hype B2B Randall into late Arcadia, or an early shift across in SE. 

Hype B2B Randall will be mad vibes!

There are 4 of us going, and 1 who really is only into very floaty liquidy... almost commercial D&B and moans about hard D&B. He mostly wants to see acts in the Beat Hotel. It's going to be interesting as he's well outnumbered haha

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

Definitely going to try and see Laurence Guy. 

Heads up to anyone heading to Mall Grab, he’s totally changed his style in the past 6 months and plays heavy techno and breaks - very different to his productions and boiler rooms. Went to see him at Printworks in March as part of the AVA line up and ended up leaving 40 minutes early as it wasn’t for me. 

12 minutes ago, gordong said:

Heads up to anyone heading to Mall Grab, he’s totally changed his style in the past 6 months and plays heavy techno and breaks - very different to his productions and boiler rooms. Went to see him at Printworks in March as part of the AVA line up and ended up leaving 40 minutes early as it wasn’t for me. 

Yeah I saw him in March but I thought he was incredible personally, but totally understand why someone who wanted his production style wouldn’t like it, I’ll  probably miss the first hour for Prospa myself

16 minutes ago, THX_1138 said:

Hype B2B Randall will be mad vibes!

There are 4 of us going, and 1 who really is only into very floaty liquidy... almost commercial D&B and moans about hard D&B. He mostly wants to see acts in the Beat Hotel. It's going to be interesting as he's well outnumbered haha

He should go to something he will like. I can't bear it when the people I'm with aren't into it. I just go deeper into the crowd and leave them to it. I've got that Hype B2B Randall set marked, though who knows if I will make it there. I'm with you, can't bear the plinky, plink D&B. I like the chest-rattling, eyeball-popping stuff 

1 hour ago, stocky3000 said:

Thursday night will be very busy I would imagine, so have chosen to stay around the Silver Hayes side of the siten. This keeps the option of Seinfeld, Avalon Emerson, Mall Grab, Hammer and Mella Dee open depending on how busy WOW, BH and Blues are

Thats how I've planned my Thursday night. Gives plenty of options that way.

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

In previous years the Thursday night at the WOW stage has been absolute carnage, so I will probably avoid that part of the site this year, will head to Fitzgerald and then go to SEC and try to see Randomer and Denzel Curry, or might just end up at the Greenpeace stage for Simian Mobile Disco followed by Jamz Supernova - my plan is to take it fairly easy on Thursday night this year, in stark contrast to previous years.

I was bang up for Denzel Curry but then saw that he's only got a half hour slot and the rest of my evening is as per Stockys so seemed like a long journey for 30 mins.

19 minutes ago, gordong said:

2nd this. Not very good at all. I lasted 10 mins.