Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

20 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm going to say Monika Kruse.

It's my only set in The Temple.

I've never seen her before.

It's perfectly placed in the festival - closing out Saturday night, with an amazing couple of nights behind me, but still another full one ahead.

It's a set that will start just before dawn, so should be magical.

As it's so late/early, those there should really want to be there.

Honourable mentions to Karenn and Josh Wink. Oh, and Randomer. Oh, and CdW on Pangea - that could be very special...

Suffice to say, I'm quite excited.

Ben

Agree, this is perfectly placed and similarly will likely be my only Temple appearance. 

Other big ones for me are Seinfeld, Avalon Emerson, Moxie and Bicep.

5 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I can see a theme appearing already ....

Charlotte d-W on Friday; Monika on Saturday; Karenn on Sunday for me also.

(Is Benny going to be our mobile meeting point?)

And actually answering the question ..... Monika in The Temple, especially for this .....

7 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

I'm torn between sticking around for CDW after CC & JJ or zipping up to try and get in to see Erik Morillo at the Downlow. if its a no go i'll be perfectly placed for Zenkers and Stenny.

I intend on going to Morillo after CdW. I'm fairly sure I'll be the only one of my group around so I should have no problem getting there since most people will be heading the other way. I'm guessing getting out of the crowd at arcadia will be the biggest problem.

2 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

I intend on going to Morillo after CdW. I'm fairly sure I'll be the only one of my group around so I should have no problem getting there since most people will be heading the other way. I'm guessing getting out of the crowd at arcadia will be the biggest problem.

You will have missed half of it but the time you got there. Even if you get in straight way which is unlikely you will have missed 45 mins of it.

4 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

You will have missed half of it but the time you got there. Even if you get in straight way which is unlikely you will have missed 45 mins of it.

Thought he started at 3:30, my mistake! My plan remains the same though, CdW is the highlight of my Friday and the only time I'll spend at arcadia. Still being optimistic about making it to Morillo at 3:45.

Saw Mr Romeau at J2, poor guy was given a laughably bad slot opening the festival to about 20 people. Hope to catch him again at BH with a much better deserved crowd. 

Yeah agree on the breaking through bit, Heaven & Earth and Secrets & Lies are amazing tracks but still feels like he's an unkown not being given the slots he deserves. 

I bet it has to do with how hard it is to pronounce his name... Do you all say Fort Romoh or Fort Romeo? 

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone, they're all ending up on my line up. I'm not that interested in seeing bands this year, I'm just going to wander checking out all the recommended electronica that happens to be going on where I am at the time. I do have a few sets I really want to see though like CdW, Carl Cox, George Fitzgerald, Monika Cruse, Jon Hopkins and Avalon Emerson - although i'm not sure about the BH but I saw her at Field Day last year and really enjoyed it so may take a risk.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

This'll be my Friday.

Saturday will be Chemical Brothers, then all over IICON for Kode9, Laurel Halo, Hessle Audio et al. Rounding off with some tribal beatdowns from Tony Humphries.

Sunday is Deptford Northern Soul Club in the Meat Rack – if I'm haven't caught them already multiple times by that point – then an Eris Drew / DJ Storm / Karenn death clash, which basically comes down to where the largest group of mates are at.

And this excludes all the usual meandering into the Beat Hotel over the weekend. Very excited.

Really really really would like to hear Tony humphries, just hoping I can get in to the downlow

Four tet 11am stonebridge 

Eris drew in the temple

Palms trax in bh are the others in pretty much stuck on

Would love to get in the wormhole for one of those late night sessions too

Edited by GWR

39 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

This one.

If it was down to name pronunciation, you'd think Saoirse and HAAi would be sweatin' it. Even Peggy Gou gets mangled most the time.

Nah! The former is a doddle if you have any cultural awareness!

The latter...erm...I just say...'Hi'

Amirite???

:)

Ben

1 minute ago, Tr234 said:

Any hints to what is replacing it??

I don’t know specifically.

What I can say is that the Beat Hotel leaving Glastonbury to go do it’s own thing is an outcome that works well for everybody involved (them, Glasto and us) and we won’t be missing out on anything.

1 minute ago, Tr234 said:

Any hints to what is replacing it??

I don’t know specifically.

What I can say is that the Beat Hotel leaving Glastonbury to go do it’s own thing is an outcome that works well for everybody involved (them, Glasto and us) and we won’t be missing out on anything.

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Saturday will be Chemical Brothers, then all over IICON for Kode9, Laurel Halo, Hessle Audio et al. Rounding off with some tribal beatdowns from Tony Humphries.

Aren't they basically on at the same time? I was looking earlier and reckon I could catch 30 mins of Laurel and Kode before Wu-Tang at West Holts, but I don't know if it's worth rushing about before Wu especially since I'll need to meet up with people.