Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

36 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I know this chat is full on Glasto mode right now (as should be)

I've got Junction2 tomorrow and it looks like I might be toying with the idea of bringing wellies... I'm hoping that if the weather gods make my Junction 2 a wet one, they'll be kinder to me at Glasto.

I'm taking one for the team! ??

Any chances Bicep would drop Rain during a massive downpour? ?️?️ would be very fitting. 

Anybody else going tomorrow? Think a few of you said you might be goin Saturday?

I am going to J2 tomorrow. Nice that they’ve separated out the tech housey stuff onto a separate day this year which should hopefully improve crowd and busyness and means that Friday artists are all killer! With the forecasting looking so bad plus it being a schoolday, I’m hoping it might scare a few people away making it a bit less packed and more space on the junction stage which is usually rammed. I’m temping fate here but I think you’ll be alright without wellies - ground will be pretty dry given lack of rain this week and don’t see there being enough people there to cut up the grass in the short time it is open. Lineup for me looking like Peach > Jobse > Mr G > Koze > MCDE > Ricky V

43 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I know this chat is full on Glasto mode right now (as should be)

I've got Junction2 tomorrow and it looks like I might be toying with the idea of bringing wellies... I'm hoping that if the weather gods make my Junction 2 a wet one, they'll be kinder to me at Glasto.

I'm taking one for the team! ??

Any chances Bicep would drop Rain during a massive downpour? ?️?️ would be very fitting. 

Anybody else going tomorrow? Think a few of you said you might be goin Saturday?

Have a brilliant time, @Acid Loafers - and any other E/D threaders heading to Junction 2.

And thanks in advance for letting the weather gods get all that wetness out of their system in order that Glastonbury will be glorious!

Ben

was dragged to Peach at Primavera a few days ago. didn't like a Boiler Room I saw from her at all, far too pop and disco for my liking, but the set at Primavera was brilliant, straight forward head-down techno. not as industrial or banging as I'd usually like, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.  probably helped being on between Aisha Devi and Martyn, not really the time for 80s disco-pop :lol:

playing a few sets at G over the weekend and a few b2bs, but I'd say Wow on Sunday at 6pm would be one that will be more techno-oriented for those inclined. nice run after that too: Inner City live, Midland b2b Bruce, Leon Vynehall, Lone b2b Kettama, S_as.

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

was dragged to Peach at Primavera a few days ago. didn't like a Boiler Room I saw from her at all, far too pop and disco for my liking, but the set at Primavera was brilliant, straight forward head-down techno. not as industrial or banging as I'd usually like, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.  probably helped being on between Aisha Devi and Martyn, not really the time for 80s disco-pop :lol:

playing a few sets at G over the weekend and a few b2bs, but I'd say Wow on Sunday at 6pm would be one that will be more techno-oriented for those inclined. nice run after that too: Inner City live, Midland b2b Bruce, Leon Vynehall, Lone b2b Kettama, S_as.

Yeh I think she is great, saw her warm up for Hopkins ages ago at Phonox and hadn't heard her before and she really impressed. Keen to see her at glasto and that Sunday slot has potential but got a feeling it will be empty - that first slot at Wow after the outdoor boat party thing finishes always seems to have noone in as people haven't realised it is open yet! Hope to be proven wrong though...

2 hours ago, rubick said:

Asked this very same question yesterday - you might like:

At Blind Tiger stage from Saturday, 1am:

1am-2am: Jim Bitch (Old Skool Rave, 100% Vinyl Set) 

2am-4am: Uncle Dugs (Early Nineties Set) 

Nice one, has anyone seen either of them before?

Roughly figured out evening movements over the festival.

Thursday - WOW tent for Hammer and Mella Dee. If that's rammed its over to the Beat Hotel for Seinfeld and Avalon Emerson then to the Rabbit Hole to see Henge.

Friday- Hype b2b Randal in Sonic followed by Carl Cox b2b Jamie Jones at Pangea. Then its either stay for De Whitte or up to Downlow for Erik Morillo if thats a nonstarter Zenker and finish with Stenny.

Saturday- Chems, Bicep in the Gas Tower followed by Haai or Hessle and finishing in the Temple for Monika Kruse.

Sunday - Will completely depend on my state of mind but i'm usually pretty flexible by this point and will go for pretty much anything with a view to getting to bed by 3am ish. Andy C, Dusky, Karenn, Mr Fingers, the Planet V Takeover or the Eats Everything, Eris Drew, Troxler triple header in the Temple if i'm going for it. :)

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yep I got you @clitbang - you’re in luck, the sound Mark helped forge has probably not been this popular for decades.

My biggest tip for a modern update on  Mark’s sound would be Eris Drew. She’s closing The Temple on Sunday and is going to whip up a frenzy.

Zenker Brothers on IICON and will go pretty big on the breakbeats, hoovers and chunky kicks - a modern take on the less poppy side of Mark, not as techno-y as some others in the field, and the visual spectacle should carry it too.

Sports Banger’s all day rave spinoff at the Stonebridge bar by The Park will be pure carnage, probably more E-Vapor8 and Charly silliness (plus hardcore) than the other two I’ve mentioned too. Off Me Nut’s takeover will push that even further and harder. 

There’s dozens of lifers from the 90s on the bill all around the Unfairground and Glade but I can’t sure how many might be legitimately decent in this day and age tbh. Depends what side of Altern8 you’re after I suppose?

I'll have a listen to Eris Drew nice one. I've got Zenker brothers on my list I like them.

Not really into hardcore so the sports bangers might be abit heavy for my liking. Splitmatt is abit much for me I had a listen the other day as he is b2b with Altern8 at gas tower. I really want to catch a set at gas tower as visually looked good in 2017 but when I stumbled upon it the scene abit heavy so left to go the downlow.

Working on clothes stall again this year so have to work alternate day/evening shifts - I've made up 2 plans and I'm struggling to decide between them.

Plan 1
Thursday: Late nite tuff guy (prince set) in Spike - Shanti b2b Moxie b2b Peach b2b Saoirse in Stonebridge - Batu in IICON - 
Randomer and Partok to finish up on Genosys

Friday: Bands in the day, quite excited to see Acid Mothers Temple - then Craig Richards b2b Ben UFO in Wow - Four Tet also in Wow - If Wow has a shit vibe (which it pretty much always does) or is too packed (which it always is) then I'll slink off to Arcadia for Charlotte

Saturday: If I'm in the mood to have a stomp I'll see Jon Rundell to start off but if not I'll see Janet Jackson - Midland at Beat Hotel - if that's too rammed head over to Stonebridge for the sports banger mega rave - then I'll either see Four tet at Arcadia or head down SE corner early for Bruce's set in IICON - then I'll alternate between IICON and Genosys until 4am - Monika Kruse at temple - if I can't get in to that or if the crowd is a bit iffy after Patrick Topping's set before go see Rowland the Bastard in unfairground to end the night

Sunday: Bands in the day - then if my legs have turned to jelly or the mud has made walking impossible I'll finish at Stonebridge - Pearson sound b2b call super - Danielle - Dj Storm - then head in to the wormhole for some old school jungle thingy to end

Sunday night if my legs are up for a trek SE - Josh Wink or Lee Gamble - Karenn - Felix Dickinson

Plan 2
Thursday: Avalon Emerson and Job Jobse in Beat Hotel - if that's too rammed try Wow for Paranoid london - if that's too rammed Mall Grab on the Gully

Friday: Midland and prosumer in the downlow (get there nice and early as midlands opening so should have no problems getting in) - Zenker Brothers and Stenny in IICON to finish

Saturday: Four tet morning set at Stonebridge - Coxys funk set the rest of the day - then at night just have a bimble night as I can't really head SE as I'll have work at 9am the next day

Sunday: Exactly the same as plan 1 except no bands in the day but I'll be able to see The Streets who I absolutely love before heading on the night out

12 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

4am - Monika Kruse at temple - if I can't get in to that or if the crowd is a bit iffy after Patrick Topping's set before go see Rowland the Bastard in unfairground to end the night

I'm anticipating a lot of techno heads finishing in The Temple on Saturday night,  so you should be in good company, matey!

If there are a lot of dickheads, just find me and we'll be alright...

:)

Ben

3 hours ago, rubick said:

Asked this very same question yesterday - you might like:

At Blind Tiger stage from Saturday, 1am:

1am-2am: Jim Bitch (Old Skool Rave, 100% Vinyl Set) 

2am-4am: Uncle Dugs (Early Nineties Set) 

Have tried to find some Jimmy Bitch but no luck online, can anyone link me up?

I'm looking for old skool rave types to add to my list but the Uncle Dugs sets I can find online seem to be DnB and Jungle sets?

1 hour ago, clitbang said:

Nice one, has anyone seen either of them before?

Edited by clitbang

8 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Off to Objekt at The White Hotel tonight. I think White Hotel is the best venue in the North. I’d say England but I’ve not been many clubs in London.

In Salford? Well just in Salford, near Strangeways?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

In Salford? Well just in Salford, near Strangeways?

Yeah mate. Can see Strangeways on your way in, basically go down Cheetham Hill Road and turn left opposite the garage before Hidden it’s somewhere down there. I’m always wrecked following someone else. 

He’s DJing @bennyhana22 last seen him November/December in Dublin he was unreal.

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Yeah mate. Can see Strangeways on your way in, basically go down Cheetham Hill Road and turn left opposite the garage before Hidden it’s somewhere down there. I’m always wrecked following someone else. 

He’s DJing @bennyhana22 last seen him November/December in Dublin he was unreal.

I saw him in December too. He was, as you say, unreal.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

29 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Yeah, I have been a few times to various events. Just making sure you meant the same place, I wouldn't rate it that highly! Shame it's a Thursday otherwise I'd have gone to that.

Enjoy!!

Am I the only person in Glastonbury who just has no interest at all in Fat Boy?

I don't have any antipathy to him whatsoever, I'm just entirely indifferent to him! I've just never seen the attraction of his thing and so always kind of thought meh!

I realise that it's probably a case of it's not him, it's me...

He's just so popular!

:blink:

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I don't have any antipathy to him whatsoever, I'm just entirely indifferent to him! I've just never seen the attraction of his thing and so always kind of thought meh!

He's just so popular!

Ben

I’ve seen him once, and that was more than enough, good fun if that’s what you’re after but basically plays the same set (quite badly) every time. 

28 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

He's just so popular!

Ben

he boarders a bit too close to EDM for me to find it enjoyable and his productions aren’t interesting enough in my opinion to get excited about - very cheesy and, without trying to sound snobby or elitist, unintelligent?

might not be the right wording and of course it’s all down to personal preference but if you compare his productions and sets compared to chemical brothers for example they’re worlds apart - i know they’re very different musically but they’re both very popular electronic artists and i’d take chems music and sets over fatboy every time

• Like 1