Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Does anyone have any intel on how the new Downlow Q system will work? Suggestion by Block9 when the lineup dropped was that the moustache thing might be swapped out for something else...? Aiming to get down there for Prosumer and Soul Summit straight after Hopkins on the Friday...

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

The Thursday night at Glastonbury has gone from being an evening of bimbling about hoping for something good, to a 24 karat clashterfuck!

Exactly this. The slow build up generally keeps me from going too hard Weds/Thurs as well which I think is good for the long nights of Fri-Sun BUT this year my clashfinder is lit up like a Christmas tree from 5:30 on Thursday and, most likely, I will be too.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m from Leigh which is slap bang in between Wigan and Bolton. Seen and heard enough Donk to last me for a lifetime. Blackout Crew and MC Finchy were bigger than Jesus around mine.

If you hear someone MCin’ those lyrics at Glastonbury I can guarantee it’s me.

Get rid of the weird MC and this has the vibe of a good old fashioned Tidy rave up. Patrick Topping set you say, might give this a little looksie. Oi Oi 

11 hours ago, Tom White said:

^^^^^ thanks @bennyhana22 and @Eyebrow

definitely a Four Tet and George Fitzgerald, chems/hotchip fan. 

And @bennyhana22 tech-house probably sums it up tbh. Carl Cox was also already on my draft list :) 

Thanks again for the recos. Will seek out some sets to listen to!

Tom you are but a whipper snapper. your choices seem to resonate with me. Are you planning to be at the efest meet. We can compare schedules/ sets to check out.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Tom you are but a whipper snapper. your choices seem to resonate with me. Are you planning to be at the efest meet. We can compare schedules/ sets to check out.

Hey - the efest meet could be a goer. Will work it out nearer the time when I figure out what the rest of my buddies are up to  

Great idea for sure and if I can make it I will. Thanks! 

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Anyone missing something Saturday early evening? Jon Rundell in the Spaceport 17:45 - 19:00. Techno & Tech House. Carl Cox intec label mate.

Im booked up at that time, but he hasnt had a mention yet & deserves one.

Thanks, Fuzz

Although I’ll be in the JPT, mesmerised by the magnificent slowcore of Low. 

One of my most anticipated sets...

Ben

55 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Have you tried Altern8 (Jungle Set)?

image.png.8f9ea20deb02c0db95bead096e13f7d4.png

Altern8 are playing a none jungle set in the Spaceport so I will be defiantly be at that but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of others who have a similar style. Mark XTC is another I know of.

Edited by clitbang

21 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Only been in the Downlow a couple of times, and never on Fri/Sat/Sun. but I'd say that you would be fine to get in with those plans.

Park and JPT will have finished by then, so there will be a fair few already free and heading for the SEC, plus of course the hardcore who are down there already, but The Cure, CATQ and Janelle should give you a good enough head start. She'll be popular mind, and early enough for the tired to try for the Downlow for one last hurrah.

You can always join me at Genosys for Josh Wink The Master ;)

Ben

Brilliant thanks a lot for that Ben, hopefully with a bit of efficiency & luck we should be okay ! 

Josh Wink & Max Cooper are certainly on the clashfinder as strong back up options ? 

if we do manage to get in the Downlow the next challenge is pulling ourselves out to catch the last hour of Karenn ...

will have to try and leave enough in the tank for this which isn't going to be easy, especially with the big hitters across the site on Thursday night 

6 minutes ago, northernbro said:

Brilliant thanks a lot for that Ben, hopefully with a bit of efficiency & luck we should be okay ! 

Josh Wink & Max Cooper are certainly on the clashfinder as strong back up options ? 

if we do manage to get in the Downlow the next challenge is pulling ourselves out to catch the last hour of Karenn ...

will have to try and leave enough in the tank for this which isn't going to be easy, especially with the big hitters across the site on Thursday night 

Whilst I understand your anxiety about the batteries being low, if you like proper, intelligent techno, in this case much of it modular and created mostly live, do try to see Karenn. They are unreal!

:)

Ben

29 minutes ago, clitbang said:

Altern8 are playing a none jungle set in the Spaceport so I will be defiantly be at that but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of others who have a similar style. Mark XTC is another I know of.

Mark XTC was amazing last time, it was just a shame he was on after Altern8 in the space port I think, it was rammed for Altern8 when he finished Mark XTC came on proper old school, but everyone left. it was just about 12 of us a a ten year old boy raving at the front

great set like

I think I missed this info but what kind of sets is Carl Cox playing? Determined to catch him at least once this year.

And do we think it'll be possible to get anywhere near the Glade when he's playing on Saturday afternoon? I want to stop by after either Mattiel or Ezra Collective (depending on which I'm at).

26 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I think I missed this info but what kind of sets is Carl Cox playing? Determined to catch him at least once this year.

And do we think it'll be possible to get anywhere near the Glade when he's playing on Saturday afternoon? I want to stop by after either Mattiel or Ezra Collective (depending on which I'm at).

Be a doddle Saturday afternoon I’d say, being on for that long space will open up. I plan on being there for the majority of it myself. Don’t think I’ll  bother seeing him at Arcadia or anyone else for that matter, it’s all a bit big and impersonal to me. 

2 minutes ago, rubick said:

I think Carl is playing a blues, funk and soul set in the Glade (unless I have completely got that wrong, but it makes sense for the time slot). 

Yes, Coxy is funk, soul and house on Glade and presumably pretty much a techno set (it had better be!) on Pangea on Friday night with Jamie Jones. Now, what we haven’t established is if his announcing ‘two other techno sets’ is true. At the moment the lineup is conspicuous in listing only the two sets I mentioned. So, either that is it, or there’s a sneaky secret techno set somewhere over the weekend...

Ben

Many thanks all! That's what I wanted to hear. 

I should hopefully be able to catch quite a bit at the Glade then; grab a drink at the lounge then have a mid afternoon dance. Bliss. And whilst I want to do the Pangea set I don't think techno's up a lot of my mate's alley. 

Ben, after I posted I had a vague memory of him saying he was playing three sets. I assume it's a late night TBA somewhere... 

I know this chat is full on Glasto mode right now (as should be)

I've got Junction2 tomorrow and it looks like I might be toying with the idea of bringing wellies... I'm hoping that if the weather gods make my Junction 2 a wet one, they'll be kinder to me at Glasto.

I'm taking one for the team! ??

Any chances Bicep would drop Rain during a massive downpour? ?️?️ would be very fitting. 

Anybody else going tomorrow? Think a few of you said you might be goin Saturday?