Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm actually not a fan of the BH as a venue at all (doesn't have the sort of 'feel' I like usually, and the sound is nothing more than OK, for me), but I just wouldn't want to see a chunk of electronic stuff that big be lost and not replaced. As others have said, I'm sure they'll replace with a venue to offer similar fare on that side of the festival.

Ben

Assume you won't be dropping by for the lovely Thursday lineup this year Ben? Block9 much more up ya street I spose. Would be nice if we could find somewhere all the E/D crew are likely to be!

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Assume you won't be dropping by for the lovely Thursday lineup this year Ben? Block9 much more up ya street I spose. Would be nice if we could find somewhere all the E/D crew are likely to be!

Arcadia all fridsy & Spektre Saturday Spaceport. They are my only 2 100%ers at the moment.

Sunday in the Temple after the headliners is on my shopping list too.

9 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Not sure we have a consensus on that...yet.

Pangea and Jon Hopkins are both a bit too grand for me, though a lot of people are keen to gravitate toward those two as their centrepiece options. Avalon would be a lock if she wasn't a Thursday headliner in all but name – aka BH will be rammed to the gills.

Could the mass flocking to the parish of HAAi be paying off?

cc@fuzzydunlop

Yeah - know what you mean re: JH and Pangea. Otherwise - Karenn... surely nobody's missing that -- altho that's assuming nobody can be bothered to try for Mr. Fingers. Assume most will be at Larry Heard + Hessle Audio/HAAi on Saturday... Friday no chance. Avalon/Randomer probably the biggest divider on here unfortunately, but aye, will be rammo. Maybe the Shanti/Saorsie/Moxie/Peach Thursday knees up. Monika Kruse maybe too.

e: oh - duh - four tet and joe b2b saoirse early doors stonebridge. lock it in.

Edited by Tuna

Surely most on this thread will be kicking around IICON/Downlow and Genosys after 3AMish every night. 

I must admit I am struggling to decide where I wanna be after hours. Even started going over the Parklife and Dekmantel line ups saying oh I can see them there instead. Ben UFO b2b Call Super at Parklife could be so good it changes my mind on everything.

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Surely most on this thread will be kicking around IICON/Downlow and Genosys after 3AMish every night. 

I must admit I am struggling to decide where I wanna be after hours. Even started going over the Parklife and Dekmantel line ups saying oh I can see them there instead. Ben UFO b2b Call Super at Parklife could be so good it changes my mind on everything.

I try to do something different / different area every night.

Thursday - Genosys for me this year.

Fri -  Arcadia

Sat - No clue

Sunday - Probably the temple.

Monday - Cry

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Oh Tuna! You are correct, of course. Thursday is all about scratching my Glastonbury trance itch early on, before an absolute must see of Randomer into Partok. I think I’m as excited about that as anything else this year and it’ll only be the first proper night! Planning on doing the Friday sunrise at the Stone Circle as I fully intend to be dancing as she rises on Sat, Sun and Monday mornings! 

Friday is defo Arcadia day and I would bloody love to meet up with as many E/D-ers as possible for Coxy and Charlotte (and indeed at ANY sets, tbh!).

For Saturday, Monika Kruse is nailed on as (a) she’s amazing and (b) The Temple is a cool venue and I really want at least one set in there (and that really is the only one for me!!!)  

Sunday is a funny one. My schedule is packed from 1130h or so all day, but atm I have no headliner at all really, so I’ll possibly watch Giant Swan (or maybe pop ‘round the corner for half an hour of CATQ) before heading south east in time for Josh Wink. Karenn is a top 5 for the festival so, again, would be amazing to (almost) finish things off at IICON with lots of you guys. That WILL be a blistering 90 minutes...

Three weeks tomorrow, Team!!

??

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh Tuna! You are correct, of course. Thursday is all about scratching my Glastonbury trance itch early on, before an absolute must see of Randomer into Partok. I think I’m as excited about that as anything else this year and it’ll only be the first proper night! Planning on doing the Friday sunrise at the Stone Circle as I fully intend to be dancing as she rises on Sat, Sun and Monday mornings! 

Friday is defo Arcadia day and I would bloody love to meet up with as many E/D-ers as possible for Coxy and Charlotte (and indeed at ANY sets, tbh!).

For Saturday, Monika Kruse is nailed on as (a) she’s amazing and (b) The Temple is a cool venue and I really want at least one set in there (and that really is the only one for me!!!)  

Sunday is a funny one. My schedule is packed from 1130h or so all day, but atm I have no headliner at all really, so I’ll possibly watch Giant Swan (or maybe pop ‘round the corner for half an hour of CATQ) before heading south east in time for Josh Wink. Karenn is a top 5 for the festival so, again, would be amazing to (almost) finish things off at IICON with lots of you guys. That WILL be a blistering 90 minutes...

Three weeks tomorrow, Team!!

??

Ben

I will be at those. Can we not tempt you with Spektre 2pm Saturday Spaceport?

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will be at those. Can we not tempt you with Spektre 2pm Saturday Spaceport?

Totally tempted. 

But, I’ve got SOOOO much dance stuff that I have to rationalise, and I REALLY want to see Mattiel on Park, so a choice had to be made. Shame, but overall I’ve been pretty bloody lucky clash-wise...

Ben

I know neither of us post much on here, but I (Nat) and @theevilfridge will 100% be at Randomer and Charlotte De Witte. 

I’m also pencilled in for the big Thursday knees up in the Stonebridge, Karenn, probably Hessle and the rest on Saturday, and hopefully some time in the Downlow. I’ve only missed it the last five years! 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Totally tempted. 

But, I’ve got SOOOO much dance stuff that I have to rationalise, and I REALLY want to see Mattiel on Park, so a choice had to be made. Shame, but overall I’ve been pretty bloody lucky clash-wise...

Ben

Same here .... it's a biggie. Mattiel is also playing Greenpeace, but that bloody clashes with Comet is Coming.

I'll definitely be at Arcadia Friday for C de W and probably Coxy beforehand; Saturday certainty is Monika in The Temple & probably Haai beforehand; Sunday certainty is Karenn followed by the Felix vs Slipmatt conundrum .... and tears.

Thursday I have no idea - the Clashfinder is just a sea of colours.

See you soon!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:15 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

My mate went to Fatboy Slim Cercle in Brighton. Just applied online for that.

They look unreal.

Len Faki at the new york air and space museum next week sounds good.

friends just came back from one somewhere in France and said it was an absolute clusterfuck, one of the worst organised events they've been to.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:51 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Always wanted to attend a Boiler Room event. How does one go about getting tickets? There are some amazing sets out there

they do plenty at various festivals and ticketed events. I've been on several ones at Dekmantel just because I wanted to see the act.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I like the sentiment, but is it really an accurate show of this loose assortment of ravers if we weren't all stumbling around to blistering loud bangers at 3am?

Fair enough! Also I didn't realise until a few mins ago that it's a disco set which I'll swerve in favour of the stuff happening at Stonebridge Bar...if I can get in. Always bloody rammed.

How early does one need to get there for the more popular daytime acts?

12 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Fair enough! Also I didn't realise until a few mins ago that it's a disco set which I'll swerve in favour of the stuff happening at Stonebridge Bar...if I can get in. Always bloody rammed.

How early does one need to get there for the more popular daytime acts?

2-2.30pm-ish on Saturday? I don't think Stonebridge will be rammed.

Might get busier at 3.30pm for Ross From Friends...

Mattiel are on Park at 2pm too.

Quite a lot of those on the E/D thread are heading for Spektre in Spaceport at 2pm on Saturday.

Ben

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

2-2.30pm-ish on Saturday? I don't think Stonebridge will be rammed.

Might get busier at 3.30pm for Ross From Friends...

Mattiel are on Park at 2pm too.

Quite a lot of those on the E/D thread are heading for Spektre in Spaceport at 2pm on Saturday.

Ben

Ah yes I'm thinking of when I've tried to get in there on a Thursday.

Spektre are on the Clashfinder as it happens!

Loving the knowledge and camaraderie on this thread. The google sheet is a revelation. 

Glasto newbie and 'closet raver' from back in the day. Can't wait. 

I'm going with a group of folk and no pressure to follow the crowd. There's a load of the EDM DJs I want to see.

Will move heaven and earth to get to see Haai (I ran listening to the Radio1 essential mix set on soundcloud last night - great stuff). 

I'm generally a 'hang about at the back and bob my head a lot' type of person. :) - just looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere.

Keep the recommendations coming. 

Edited by Tom White