Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, hmmmloddy said:

I think this is where I'll be finishing my Sunday night. Perfect vibes to close out the festival. Hoping Samula is going to be a MASSIVE improvement on The Cave which I always found a let down vs The Temple.

I liked that the cave had its own toilets and smoking area so once you were in you were in and didn't have to worry about going out and queueing up again. Hopefully it'll still be an indoor type venue just with a bit more theming going on inside

some one just sent me a spread sheet with DJ's on and venue, and what type of music they play. only thing is i can't edit the version i have been sent.  does anyone know who did this? some hefty work went in to it. impressive

1 minute ago, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

I liked that the cave had its own toilets and smoking area so once you were in you were in and didn't have to worry about going out and queueing up again. Hopefully it'll still be an indoor type venue just with a bit more theming going on inside

Fair play - it was practical. But, as you're alluding to, the production was all focused on the outside and it felt like a big letdown once inside. I also felt the vibe was a bit off in the past - lots of people looking for a dark, out of the way place more than a party.

I feel like a Hospitality night needs an outdoor venue (sad it's not in The Temple but I can see why the Sunday night line up they've got wins) so I'm hoping for something really different to The Cave. However, the need to have some decently sized indoor options in the event of rain is real and since London Underground is gone I can't see them taking away another one.

Just now, shuttlep said:

some one just sent me a spread sheet with DJ's on and venue, and what type of music they play. only thing is i can't edit the version i have been sent.  does anyone know who did this? some hefty work went in to it. impressive

I don't know who did it, but I wouldn't mind a copy... ? Please?

1 minute ago, hmmmloddy said:

Fair play - it was practical. But, as you're alluding to, the production was all focused on the outside and it felt like a big letdown once inside. I also felt the vibe was a bit off in the past - lots of people looking for a dark, out of the way place more than a party.

I feel like a Hospitality night needs an outdoor venue (sad it's not in The Temple but I can see why the Sunday night line up they've got wins) so I'm hoping for something really different to The Cave. However, the need to have some decently sized indoor options in the event of rain is real and since London Underground is gone I can't see them taking away another one.

Hospitality would definitely be better on an outdoor venue.

I'm going to miss the London underground, those indoor venues offer that sweaty intimacy of a proper club you don't get on an outdoor stage.

I've not been since 2015 so I'm properly excited to have an explore and see what's new

Also excited by how strong the DnB game is this year

12 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I don't know who did it, but I wouldn't mind a copy... ? Please?

Hello guys... how do we get involved in this spreadsheet business please? :-)

@stuie @vintagelaureate @shuttlep here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit#gid=0

I started it but, as you can see, lots of people have contributed. I've put the sharing settings open so anyone with the link should be able to edit (provided you're connected to the internet) it but let me know if not and I'll see if I can change anything

so many new names have dropped that need to be added so please get stuck in if you've got any reccomendations

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

Just now, hmmmloddy said:

@stuie @vintagelaureate @shuttlep here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit#gid=0

I started it but, as you can see, lots of people have contributed. I've put the sharing settings open so anyone with the link should be able to edit (provided you're connected to the internet) it but let me know if not and I'll see if I can change anything

so many new names have dropped that need to be added so please get stuck in if you've got any reccomendations

Out of upvotes unfortunately.  As someone who has little to no idea of who's who and what they play in this world, but enjoys dancing to it, thanks very much!  This might actually give me a fighting chance of navigating the SE corner and Silver Hayes and actually finding something I want to boogie to :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hmmmloddy said:

Thanks a lot @hmmmloddy can't wait to have a proper look tonight.

18 minutes ago, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

Hospitality would definitely be better on an outdoor venue.

I'm going to miss the London underground, those indoor venues offer that sweaty intimacy of a proper club you don't get on an outdoor stage.

I've not been since 2015 so I'm properly excited to have an explore and see what's new

Also excited by how strong the DnB game is this year

Agreed. Lots of options and styles on DnB - very exciting. One of my favourite things about Glastonbury is that there's pretty much a whole regular sized festival's worth of options on any particular genre. Not that I want to spend the whole 5 days just dancing to 170bpm but if I'm suddenly in the mood for a particular vibe/genre, I can find something and it's probably going to be very decent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hmmmloddy said:

loving this, great skills

45 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

Is the Bicep show at The Gas Tower a live set?

41 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd be very surprised. Don't think they're doing any live stuff this year and that'd not be the easiest logistically 

Shangri-La tweeted a few days ago saying it was a DJ set.

5 hours ago, shuttlep said:

my friend emailed them and asked, they said no , but next year they are there , it's a big anniversary for them also 30 years or something

Cheers, I figured that if not this year then they must be nailed on for next year - we owe so much to their 1994 set. 

Hello lovely people. First time at Glasto and been lurking all week. What's the situation with access to the SEC stages late on? When do queues start? When is there a risk you won't get in? Any beginner info to ensure main sets aren't missed would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, KhalDrogo8 said:

Hello lovely people. First time at Glasto and been lurking all week. What's the situation with access to the SEC stages late on? When do queues start? When is there a risk you won't get in? Any beginner info to ensure main sets aren't missed would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

the best time is to get in just before the headliners finish via the entry point on the map ..it will get very busy after that with queues very likely  :) maybe slightly quieter on the sunday once many people have left