Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Exactly the same for me Ben! Im hoping he is like that at Arcadia.

He did say he id playing 2 Techno sets, surely 1 is Block 9. If not, is it a secret set somewhere?

Given how big he is (I’m talking stature not...erm...stature!) and the description of the new Block9 set-up, I’d say he’s nailed on to ‘headline’ IICON on one of the nights. 

Which could be incredible. 

Ben

55 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

What time do we fancy the line up drop today? I feel it’s going to be later on due to the election results. I’ve been watching the news all morning/late last night myself and I doubt I’m alone in that.

Some rather than later preferably to provide a welcome distraction from Farage's smug toad face

It's dropped wasn't what I was expecting but very happy with it - IICON is probably going to be my new stomping ground

Larry Heard live, Karenn, Hodge, Hessle Audio, Bruce and Batu are on the must see list for me

Genosys is also looking great - Randomer will absolutely pummel it - seen him before and he's blown me away

i never spend too much time in downlow as the music isn't as hard as I like it but again Mr Fingers will be brilliant

Edited by joemason96

HAAi at Genosys gonna be mad. That's a must see for me.

Need to make an effort to get into NYC this year. Still haven't been. Black Madonna could be fun but would be packed I imagine. 

Honestly don't recognise anything on IICON. Doesn't look like it will be my vibe. 

15 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

I was a bit worried that IICON might have been a bit 'big roomy' for me with the likes of Coxy strongly rumoured so I'm glad to see that's far from the case - but it has got me wondering where this other Coxy set will be then?

Could still be a Block 9 Secret set? (dunno if that's a thing but maybe they don't wanna say and leave 1 set suprise somewhere?)

Randomer was tremendous at Dekmantel, I'll be getting in about that. 

Annoying if Avalon Emerson is only saying the Beat Hotel (she told me herself she was playing, I'll screenshot the message from her and post here if she isn't, so can only be there really) 

I've just read back her message, she said "yes, but not announced" about playing at Glastonbury. So either it's yet to be announced, or she'll be playing unannounced 

Edited by Mezhyp1

Well...

Genosys
- Randomer
- HAAi
- Josh Wink (he' should be amazing on there - he's a very talented old school DJ. As long as he gets the Genosys brief memo...!)
- Leeon
- Partok - I bloody love him. Missed him in 2017 as he was given a bollocks slot at about 7pm or something. Hopefully later this year...
- Placid - There were about three of us there for him in 2017. Quality, proper acid

IICON
- Zenker Brothers
- Demdike Stare - well, they look bloody interesting!
- Karenn - it will surprise no-one to hear that this is now my most anticipated set of the weekend...although I thought we had heard that    Blawan wasn't p[laying any shows...
- Hodge (highly rated by Child 1. Could be pretty mega)
- Stenny
- A-Future (nice to have a bit of decent electro and breaks)
- CCAI - always wanted to see an algorave set. Could be shocking, but I'd like to see it, especially on IICON
- Hessle

Notable absentees, as noted, in Ms Emerson and Mr Cox ?

I dearly hope that AE is not only on in the Beat Hotel. It's just not my favourite place. And where, oh where, is Coxy doing that final techno set?

It MUST be an as yet unannounced set on IICON...? I expect to see a conspicuous TBA 0200-0400h one night...

Overall, that's a pretty amazing drop and, coupled with what we already have, navigating my festival nights is going to need military precision...

Ben

• Like 1

A lot of names on there I don't know but when I see them paired next to names I do I've got high hopes. One of my mates gone crazy over this line up he's buzzing and a lot more on it than me. Are Hessle Audio and Zenker Brothers doing take overs? after a bit of googling seems a lot from their labels are on the posters for IICON. 

Well I know and am planning to see Larry Heard, Zenker Brothers, Karenn, Hessle Audio. Then I've heard of Hodge, Bruce, Laurel Halo and Kode9 and Batu wouldn't mind checking out. Pretty clueless on the others had a google of a few of them. That's IICon.

I know Haai, Randomer and Roi Perez plan on seeing them. Heard of Josh Wink, Placid and Anthony Parasole wouldn't mind checking out. Don't know much about the rest on Genosys.

I know or have heard of the most of the Downlows line up. Be seeing Mr Fingers/Larry Heard, Prosumer, Midland, Gideon, Horse Meat Disco lot. Undecided on Black Madonna and Garrett David (don't know much about him) Tony Humphries and Erik Morelleo. 

Genuinely never been inside The Meat Rack, dunno why actually just always found myself busy elsewhere. Know Dan Shake would be up for seeing, might even listen to some Northern if the timing is right as that's how my Mam and Dad met. Apart from that not overly familiar. 

If people wanna link me up to sets/their top picks of stuff I haven't mentioned happy to get stuck right in.

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

@Supernintendo Chalmers

I'm assuming you are pretty familiar with Karenn? (reference to your post in the Block9 thread)

If not, OMG, you're going to have a stroke. They're that good.

Assuming, of course, that they play, given the concerns about Blawan and questions over his playing live atm...

Ben

One of the few I'm reasonably familiar with, actually. Their remix of Collider (my favourite JH tune) is wonderful. 

I'm excited to explore the entire list and see what's what. Absolutely no doubt that there'll be at least one unknown act that'll end up blowing my socks off. 

• Upvote 1

I’ll scan that tune later. Big fan of Derrick Carter. Never actually seen The Black Madonna despite her rise and rise.

Batu came highly recommend from another friend of mine so probably moving towards a must see by sounds of it. Any stand out sets? 

My worry with Tony Humphries is if he’s still on it or dining out on his status/name. There’s plenty of those kinds of legends out there. Probably won’t go Morillo to be honest think it’d be too cheese for me. 

Thanks for the recommendations. Think timing play a big part of this, after 3AM it’s IIcon or Genosys isn’t it for the final push. 

giving my strong recommendation to check out bruce - saw him at pickle factory the same night as pearson sound and he caused some chaos real high energy industrial sounds with that UK bass

his recent album was great if a little experimental for my taste