Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, CJL9494 said:

So lovebullets is back again this year after all? Check their instagram.

Apparently due to sound restrictions? What the? Does this mean they were asked to turn their shit sound down because of sound bleed and they're having a hissing fit? 

Edited by danbailey80

16 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Lovebullets moving west and taking some of the crowd away from the Beat Hotel would be welcome personally 

I didn't read that that they wouldn't be there, I don't think this will be beneficial for the festival at all. It's definitely got a place, it's just going to make other areas busier 

24 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Jackmaster was (he’ll be back) one of my favourite DJ’s and even he couldn’t lure me into that fucking kip. Good riddance. 

He's definitely been in and around some dj places more recently, don't think it'll be too long before he's back. 

22 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Anyone know if there's any ambient sets to be had over the festival? I've been on a major Aphex Twin buzz lately.

There is ambient stuff on in Green Peace in the very early hours, I've passed through it but don't really recall it 

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Jackmaster was (he’ll be back) one of my favourite DJ’s and even he couldn’t lure me into that fucking kip. Good riddance. 

I took my son in there - it was daytime, not that busy and he really wanted to see Seth Troxler in the flesh at some point. He was nine and a half. After about ten minutes, he turned round to me and said, "Mum, I'm really not enjoying this place." I concurred and we left sharpish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Are any of you cats going to Junction 2? My first time this year. Any idea of what to expect? 

Great festival, lovely location, good sound levels and up for it crowd. I hope it keeps its edge this year as it’s gone to 2 days and a bit more house vibe on the Friday whereas the last 3 years have been techno warriors only.

We’ve been to all 3 so far and had a superb day each time.  

39 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I staggered into some crew bar in 2016 that played music until 7ish I think, but I don't think anywhere officially runs after 6am? Back to the tent for joints.

A couple of the crew bars are 24 hours all week, Monday to Monday... like Maceos in Block 9.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Are any of you cats going to Junction 2? My first time this year. Any idea of what to expect? 

The lineup is second to none imo!

Got friends that are going and I'm insanely jealous.

Was amazed to see tickets still available earlier today......I must stay strong!!!

Make sure you report back SC think I'll be going next year.

1 hour ago, frozenfish said:

Where do most people head post 6am if they're not ready to go home quite yet which does music? I've usually just stumbled to the healing fields or the tor but usually not much/any music there by that point! thanks in advance

I'm the only real raver in my gang, so typically I'm back to the tent with a lovely, slow amble at 6am, bed by 7am and then I'm up by 10am ready for bands all day! By the time I've done that three times I've just about had the (disco) biscuit!

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, ravermum said:

I took my son in there - it was daytime, not that busy and he really wanted to see Seth Troxler in the flesh at some point. He was nine and a half. After about ten minutes, he turned round to me and said, "Mum, I'm really not enjoying this place." I concurred and we left sharpish.

That’s a shame. Glad to see the back of it. I think during the day you could take kids to any of the dances and any of the party lot would move out the way or at least do keys out of eyesight. I think your average raver at Glastonbury has respect. 

After the music stops we make our way back the tent, stay up talking dribble until we need to sleep. Best part of the festival all sat around in the daylight, taking it all in, looking around, recapping the night knowing you’ve got x amount of days to do it again. 

1 hour ago, ravermum said:

That's pretty rubbish, @ravermum

Well done for being a fab mum...

Ben

20 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That’s a shame. Glad to see the back of it. I think during the day you could take kids to any of the dances and any of the party lot would move out the way or at least do keys out of eyesight. I think your average raver at Glastonbury has respect. 

After the music stops we make our way back the tent, stay up talking dribble until we need to sleep. Best part of the festival all sat around in the daylight, taking it all in, looking around, recapping the night knowing you’ve got x amount of days to do it again. 

Totally agree. Glastonbury is the perfect place to show your children this side of life, if you want to. At one point in The Park before Kano in 2017, a group of (mashed) guys were all loving this mad hat my son was wearing and they had a whipround for him and gave him about a fiver in change. It was very sweet. To be honest, I don’t expect people to moderate their behaviour around him. I think it’s up to me to look about and take a view on whether or not it’s a good place, but I loved how he decided that for himself. Intergenerational raving is a great thing, in the right context. I would rather take him to see quality DJs than a family rave. I can’t imagine how fun it is to go to Glasto as a kid, but I’m sure glad I get to see him do it. This year, his Dad’s coming too and we have a few other adults in our party, so I’ll be sliding off to the grown-up dance floor as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Snap @ravermum, well there you go. It's pretty likely that first bite of the Glasto apple sixteen years ago set me up for a life in dance music. Certainly got me clued-up on dudes in wedding dresses and oxygen bars faster than my peers. Might play out the same for yours too.

For sure - the boy starts high school in September and has already decided what song he’s going to listen to on his walk there. There is so much joy in a life lived in and with music. I told him he has to wheel me round Glasto when I’m older - then he’ll be the one taking me to the daytime raves. Thanks so much for sharing your happy memories too. One year (without child) we danced with a Dad and his 13-year-old son in the Acid Lounge about midnight on the Thursday. The young un was busting out some moves and the two of them were having a great time. Really stuck with me

2017, 5am Sunday morning. 

I’m at Genosys (natch) nearing the end of an absolute belter of a night when a hand slaps me on the shoulder. I turn around to see this naked from the waist up, grinning young man looking nicely worse for wear, his arm around a young lady who was certainly not his girlfriend of the time (as she was not at the festival!). 

That was Child 1, now properly immersed in his first Glastonbury and the first time I’d seen him since the coach. 

Just lovely. 

?

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, dccool said:

The lineup is second to none imo!

Got friends that are going and I'm insanely jealous.

Was amazed to see tickets still available earlier today......I must stay strong!!!

Make sure you report back SC think I'll be going next year.

I've only got a Saturday ticket but both days are stacked. Will definitely report back, it kicks my festival season off nicely...

8 hours ago, stuie said:

Great festival, lovely location, good sound levels and up for it crowd. I hope it keeps its edge this year as it’s gone to 2 days and a bit more house vibe on the Friday whereas the last 3 years have been techno warriors only.

We’ve been to all 3 so far and had a superb day each time.  

Nice one, that's great to know! I'm excited for it, I always am when the layout is quirky. That bridge stage looks like fun!

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

2017, 5am Sunday morning. 

I’m at Genosys (natch) nearing the end of an absolute belter of a night when a hand slaps me on the shoulder. I turn around to see this naked from the waist up, grinning young man looking nicely worse for wear, his arm around a young lady who was certainly not his girlfriend of the time (as she was not at the festival!). 

That was Child 1, now properly immersed in his first Glastonbury and the first time I’d seen him since the coach. 

Just lovely. 

?

Ben

Awwwwww