Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 5/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, hmmmloddy said:

Alright, here's a quick stab at somewhere to share and discover sets (mixing not live production) from DJs on this years line up. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit#gid=0

Added a couple myself plus a handful from recent pages on this thread. If any of you have really strong recommendations and good example sets to share, stick them in here. I'll also pull stuff from the forum across from time to time if it's missing.

PS, I don't have the time to 'admin' this properly so if you see a problem, an error or an opportunity to improve then feel free to edit it. Hopefully this gathers enough momentum to  help us all discover some new acts and doesn't just gather dust / tail spin in to a debate about genres ?

Bumping this back up, I've found it really useful, and also i've just added a few. Feel free to continue the great work of @hmmmloddy with any of the more recent announcements! 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

@Stokesy10

Nailed on my must-see list already, fella. 

Please confirm that they’re playing live...

Hadn’t heard of them prior to the Glade drop and have loved everything I’ve watched so far online. Blistering stuff. Yes, they’re ‘tough’, but not just thump-thump-thump...they’re really intelligent in their track progressions...can’t wait for them...

Ben

Playing on the Friday, according to their Instagram page...

• Upvote 1

Just now, rubick said:

SORRY YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP MATE THIS WATERY OLD GATECRASHER TRANCE IS TINNY AS F*CK

?

I still can't get over how many people in there seemed to be having such a great time when the sound was that atrocious.

I guess ket can do that to you...?

Ben

18 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Really?

I would say that if IICON is being created as a many-1000s venue and techno is on the brief, then Charlotte de Witte would be very much the sort of artist they would look at - not for the 'name', you understand, rather for the sort of reaction she'd get.

That said, I too hope that the line-up is quality across the board, rather than top-loading the budget with any 'big stars' who would need a big fee...

Ben

Edit - and, as @FuzzyDunlop will attest, if Charlotte is even in the crosshairs, please can we have Enrico Sangiuliano as well/instead? They both played Boomtown last year, and whilst Charlotte was good, Enrico blew her out of the water...

YES PLEASE!!

If Block 9 drops and Charlotte and Enrico are on it I will be a very happy boy.

(shift swapping will be happening if necessary too)

45 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

George FitzGerald is playing live on the 27th, and a DJ set on the 28th. 

Hmm, this will amazing but it's always difficult convincing people it's worth trying on the Thursday. 

My group always assume anywhere with stuff on is just way too busy. Admittedly that's not too far off sometimes. 

21 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Playing live on the thursday wow wasnt expecting that.

Is it me or does Thursday feel more substantial than any year previously?

Babylon Rising has a full programme on the Thursday. Now, it might be that they always do (I haven't spent a lot of time there!), but maybe it is a marker for Thursday being much more programmed  across the festival than previously.

I'm slightly irked by the George Fitzgerald live set being on the Thursday as I really want to see it and, selfishly I acknowledge, will worry that there will be too many people there just because Glade has something on, and not because they're actually interested in a GF live set!

Ben

3 hours ago, CJL9494 said:

So lovebullets is back again this year after all? Check their instagram.

It doesn't appear so. If you read their post it says:

"GLASTONBURY 2-0-1-9 ~ We have received hundreds of messages asking about the location of LBHQ at @glastofest | All good things must come to an end and it has been an honour to land at Glastonbury for a decade. The rumours are true, we will not be at the festival this year due to sound restrictions onsite. We hope you enjoyed it over the years and let the memories live on in your hearts and soul. Thankyou to all who made it possible ?❤️
Transmission report begin >>> The spaceship has evaporated into another dimension that can be felt but not seen, remembered but not heard. 
Can we find the key to unlock the gateway to the next chapter ? 
The end is the beginning. 
Transmission End??? #lovebullets #glastonbury #glastofest#nightclub #evolve #artdirection#creativedirection #evolution"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It doesn't appear so. If you read their post it says:

"GLASTONBURY 2-0-1-9 ~ We have received hundreds of messages asking about the location of LBHQ at @glastofest | All good things must come to an end and it has been an honour to land at Glastonbury for a decade. The rumours are true, we will not be at the festival this year due to sound restrictions onsite. We hope you enjoyed it over the years and let the memories live on in your hearts and soul. Thankyou to all who made it possible ?❤️
Transmission report begin >>> The spaceship has evaporated into another dimension that can be felt but not seen, remembered but not heard. 
Can we find the key to unlock the gateway to the next chapter ? 
The end is the beginning. 
Transmission End??? #lovebullets #glastonbury #glastofest#nightclub #evolve #artdirection#creativedirection #evolution"

Weirdly, it didn’t say that earlier! 

7B6526C7-6403-4D77-94DB-061E483478E6.jpeg