Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Carl Cox has said he is doing 2 more techno sets.

1 must be Block 9

1 must be Arcadia.

Unless it was something unannounced, Silver Hayes or something 

He doesn't strike me as very likely for Block 9

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Do any of you ever spend any time in the Unfairground? 

I've only ever passed through it

2 hours ago, joemason96 said:

I've never even been in it from what I can remember - wanted to see radioactive man there last year but got distracted by something else as I often do

I always look to the line up hopeful of a few nuggets, but am ultimately left wanting. It seems that this year is no exception! In 2017 I was really excited to see Shaded (US minimalist techno DJ and producer...does some nice stuff)...only to tweet him and be advised that it wasn't him. Wrong Shaded. Arse.

Radioactive Man was great in 2017. If there's any decent electro like him in today's drop, please feel free to point me there! With Richy Ahmed and Solardo both in there, there'll be plenty of taps aff.

?

Ben

• Upvote 1

Only really passed through Unfairground. Maybe this year that could change depending on their setup I suppose.

I only recognised one name on the poster, Richy Ahmed. Very Ibiza/Amnesia type DJ. Thought I'd share since know some people seem to be looking for this vibe on this thread. 

11 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Been to Bez's Acid House a fair few times. Often a queue to get in, though it was nothing more than a tent - albeit one that occasionally had Bez on stage aurally gurning into a mic on stage in it. Usually have quite a few big names in there (like someone said before, Carl Cox, 808 State, etc), but it appears their budget has been diverted elsewhere this year (from what I can see anyway).

12 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think I've seen a fair bit of DnB in the Salon Carousel, but usually on the Thursday. I also think I spent a fair bit of time there on Friday night 2016 wandering around in a bit of an, urm, altered state, being generally overwhelmed by everything and somehow unable to find any music. All very disorientating and muddy

Edited by Sasperella

15 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I’ve always a bit ambivalent about the Chems. They’re all fine and all, but they don’t really excite me. I don’t really see them as a dance act per se. I put them in the same box as Justice and, live, I’d rather see Justice. I enjoyed the Chems’ Other headline set in 2015, but have no massive yearn to see them again. As such, I’d kind of be happy for Monika Kruse to be tearing  up The Temple at 2230h on Saturday. Much like the euphoric Jopkins Spider set in 2017, I reckon you’d be there with those who truly want to be there and poor crowd = poor set...(to a degree!)

Ben

On a similar tangent, I am selfishly hoping that very popular acts (Bicep, Peggy Gou etc) are playing at the same time as DJs I really want to see

10 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Only really passed through Unfairground. Maybe this year that could change depending on their setup I suppose.

I only recognised one name on the poster, Richy Ahmed. Very Ibiza/Amnesia type DJ. Thought I'd share since know some people seem to be looking for this vibe on this thread. 

My mates supporting him and pan pot here in Belfast the week after Glasto so happy enough to skip him at the festival. My wife likes dusky so it's possible we might stop by for them. But like most here I've only ever really passed through the ufg

28 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

On a similar tangent, I am selfishly hoping that very popular acts (Bicep, Peggy Gou etc) are playing at the same time as DJs I really want to see

That really resonates, @Ninety9...

Not in an elitist way at all, just in a I wanna dance with all the people who LOVE what we’re watching, not people who have gone to see the ‘latest hot DJ’**

Ben

**not that the two are mutually exclusive, but it doesn’t happen most of the time. 

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That really resonates, @Ninety9...

Not in an elitist way at all, just in a I wanna dance with all the people who LOVE what we’re watching, not people who have gone to see the ‘latest hot DJ’**

Ben

**not that the two are mutually exclusive, but it doesn’t happen most of the time. 

Aye - it's a rare thing to be in front of an artist you love, with the appropriate levels of enjoyment and focus being shown by all around.

1 hour ago, Ninety9 said:

I agree. Can’t really arsed with some muppets talking pure waffle throughout a must see set for me because there’s nothing else was on and they just wanted to tick a venue off their list. They’d be the first to pipe up if you started talking during George Ezra or some shite too.

19 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3457

Good feature on someone I’d love to see at Glastonbury.

Great insight that article. Listening to her mix at the the moment and would be a must see for me on the farm. Not seen her before I'm very, very impressed.

Also read the piece on Avalon Emerson......  https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3392

38 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I agree. Can’t really arsed with some muppets talking pure waffle throughout a must see set for me because there’s nothing else was on and they just wanted to tick a venue off their list. They’d be the first to pipe up if you started talking during George Ezra or some shite too.

Bloody love this ?

9 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Gerd Janson with another top BR. RA says that he is in Oxford on the Thursday and then in Europe for the Saturday Sunday. Really hope he turns up.

Ain’t had time to listen to this set yet heard mixed things. He’d better be bloody playing! Friday or bust it seems. Wounded. 

1 hour ago, stocky3000 said:

Just checked RA and he is playing in Europe on the Friday :(

not strictly true.

Thats the Robert Johnson birthday weekend so it goes from friday night all the way through to monday morning.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him do an early set at the festival he is playing on the sunday and then go to RJ to close out proceedings.

I think with him in oxford on the thursday there is room to fit in a glastonbury performance friday, then fulfill his saturday and sunday festivals and round off at RJ. It seems farfetched but certainly in the realms of possibility. it would surely be daft for him to come to the UK for one small thursday night show of no particular note. its probably only an hour or so in the car from there to the Glastonbury site too.

Gerd would be a candidate for the new Block9 stage (IICON) and the beat hotel I would have thought. I certainly hope so anyway.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Can anyone recomend me any synthpop/electro pop off the line up? 

My friend recommended Shura to be recently and I have been getting well into her. 

Stuff along those lines would be amazing.

This up your street? Click on 'dentalplan replied to a topic' and it should take you to the relevant post. Don't click on 'Self confirmed' or it'll take you to the start of the thread.

Edited by Mardy