Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Wasn't that info debunked? It had her playing a stage at 7pm that doesn't open until after 7pm.

Seriously hope so. That would be such a waste. I think it was 2016 or 2017 when Shed was given a criminally early slot on Genosys...

Don’t they understand that I want wall to wall bands in the days and wall to wall DJs from 2200h until 0600h? As God intended.

Ben

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry for being cryptic one day and direct the next. Trying to eke out only what I think is fair game to give, for fear of ruining the fun / blowing up someone else's spot. A breadcrumb trail of hints is better than waiting and starving though, right?

Defo. 

Breadcrumbs are actually more exciting. It’s all about the journey...!

Ben

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry for being cryptic one day and direct the next. Trying to eke out only what I think is fair game to give, for fear of ruining the fun / blowing up someone else's spot. A breadcrumb trail of hints is better than waiting and starving though, right?

Breadcrumbs is far more than we're getting from anywhere else..!

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

See you down the front of Digweed

That set I posted is just masterful. Sadly, I fear his Glade set may follow Other such Thursday treats and be so busy as to be frustrating. I need at least some space to dance. Seth and Kölsch on Blues in 2017 were great sets but it was proper sardines...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Don't you ever apologise for anything

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

My mates coming who’s from Northern Ireland so Prog House is the way they’re brought up. He’s buzzing for Digweed but I think it’s gonna be a road block. 

Haha, Ive probably shared many a dancefloor with him if he was going to sasha or digweed gigs over the years here. Tbh niether excite me too much these days, though that digweed set @bennyhana22 posted was good. Glade will be to rammed for me I reckon

I think some more Houghton-esc stuff would be good at an ungodly hour. Sonja Moonear, Margaret Dygas, Raresh, Villalobos of course - but don't think any of them are very likely. Long thought Villalobos would be incredible at Genosys, just never gonny happen though

We don't hear from @Matt42 much nowadays, he's a master in that field 

Edited by Mezhyp1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

And, of course, this thread is non-binary and all are welcome, including Denis Sulta fans. But techno, he ain’t. Not ever, not never! 

3 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Techno and Sulta in one sentence? ?

3 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Yeah, Denis Sulta and Techno are not two things I would say go hand in hand at all.

I do distinctly remember his Boomtown set being both brilliant and mainly techno mixed with disco - perhaps our definitions are different although I must be in the wrong as I'm significantly outnumbered here.

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Do any of you ever spend any time in the Unfairground? 

I've only ever passed through it

I've never even been in it from what I can remember - wanted to see radioactive man there last year but got distracted by something else as I often do

@Ddiamondd

I'm not looking for names, as I enjoy the tension and appreciate more than most that you can't/won't give it away 

But any idea if IICON is going to be in keeping with the style of any of the current Block 9 stages? I'm sure it'll be incredible, but if it's a direct replacement music wise to London Underground, it'll flatten my interest somewhat 

6 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3457

Good feature on someone I’d love to see at Glastonbury.

Thanks for the share... her response to being asked how she got into raving is perfect... "I can't even remember who was playing. I was just like, "I want to be like this forever. I want my life to be this: this moment on the dance floor." YES that's IT.