Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

Ahaha nice one but I was camped next to the Psytrance forest at boomtown a couple of years ago and I think I've heard enough to last me a life time. Bits of it I can get on with, but for me it gets way to samey... like I can deal with it for a bit but definitely need to be in the right mind set 

All I can say is don’t go on holiday to Goa! I was craving a breakdown, a synth line and build up for three weeks but it never materialised! 

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

All I can say is don’t go on holiday to Goa! I was craving a breakdown, a synth line and build up for three weeks but it never materialised! 

coincidently I've just been reading a journal article about psytrance subculture in Goa and just reading it I can hear that repetitive drone and smell the white dreadlocks  

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'd be very surprised to not see her there.

She'll also be headlining the BR stage at Dekmantel, for what its worth

Yeah gonna see her at Dek. Last time I went she was on UFO stage early. What day she headlining/any idea who she’s up against. Some very hard choices to make at Dekmantel.

I can’t not see Jeff Mills on that main stage! All the lights and stuff probably my favourite festival stage I’ve had a dance at, had the time of my life at Ben UFO the year I went. Isn’t exactly far to walk though is it I’ll see what happens. 

Waiting to see what De School are doing for the afters, although Skee Mask and Zenker bros looks a goer as does Objekt. Then whatever Dekmantel is Burning brings too. Too much choice almost. 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

Yeah Dubstep 'Hedz' are some of the most irritating elitist types of music fans I've encountered.

hopefully there will be something to get me feeling all nostalgic on this years line-up

If not I'll be happy enough with all the DnB. Randall b2b Kasra is something I'm particularly looking forward to

Gotta agree with you on that. Massive fan of the older, deeper dubstep sound but sound evolves. I hate elitism in music, which is extremely prevalent in that community unfortunately. A nice bout of nostalgia would be nice though, but I totally get why Skream doesn't want to do it.

On my way to the gym and in the mood for something new. Anyone fancy recommending a recent live set of someone on the lineup? 

Recently listening to chemical brothers, George Fitzgerald, Maribou state, dj Koze, Four Tet etc.

Cheers in advance!

2 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

On my way to the gym and in the mood for something new. Anyone fancy recommending a recent live set of someone on the lineup? 

Recently listening to chemical brothers, George Fitzgerald, Maribou state, dj Koze, Four Tet etc.

Cheers in advance!

Definitely check out Jon Hopkins if you aren't familiar (I'd recommend Immunity to start). If you're feeling a little more acidic, Paranoid London (self titled LP to start) too. There's probably loads more in the Glade lineups but I'm not so familiar, sure someone else here can recommend tho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eyebrow said:

Cheers in advance!

If you like techno, definitely check out Denis Sulta. Seen him live a few times before and he's fantastic. I'm pretty sure he's playing at the Glade this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notjoseph said:

If you like techno, definitely check out Denis Sulta. Seen him live a few times before and he's fantastic. I'm pretty sure he's playing at the Glade this year.

Cheers. 

Paranoid London -> Denis Sulta

5 minutes ago, notjoseph said:

Denis sulta is certainly not a techno DJ and also doesn't play live.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, notjoseph said:

Techno and Sulta in one sentence? ?

12 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

Loving this Monika Kruse mix at the moment - 

https://soundcloud.com/monikakruse/monika-kruse-time-warp-2018

One of the few opportunities I will get to see her given her stature. hopefully she does not clash with Chemical Bros on the Saturday

Excellent DJ. There was some info floating around that she was early on Saturday though. The mix that recently featured on Beyer's Drumcode podcast is brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Eyebrow said:

Cheers in advance!

Get on Tourists new album. 

11 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

Loving this Monika Kruse mix at the moment - 

https://soundcloud.com/monikakruse/monika-kruse-time-warp-2018

One of the few opportunities I will get to see her given her stature. hopefully she does not clash with Chemical Bros on the Saturday

I’ve always a bit ambivalent about the Chems. They’re all fine and all, but they don’t really excite me. I don’t really see them as a dance act per se. I put them in the same box as Justice and, live, I’d rather see Justice. I enjoyed the Chems’ Other headline set in 2015, but have no massive yearn to see them again. As such, I’d kind of be happy for Monika Kruse to be tearing  up The Temple at 2230h on Saturday. Much like the euphoric Jopkins Spider set in 2017, I reckon you’d be there with those who truly want to be there and poor crowd = poor set...(to a degree!)

Ben

1 hour ago, notjoseph said:

And, of course, this thread is non-binary and all are welcome, including Denis Sulta fans. But techno, he ain’t. Not ever, not never! 

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, Eyebrow said:

Cheers in advance!

https://m.soundcloud.com/dr-rubinstein

Check this out mate I posted a feature about her DJing on this page before, have a read before you listen if you want she’s sick. Apparently she’s playing now also nudge nudge.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

https://m.soundcloud.com/dr-rubinstein

Check this out mate I posted a feature about her DJing on this page before, have a read before you listen if you want she’s sick. Apparently she’s playing now also nudge nudge.

@Tommy Dickfingers

Seriously? What’s the quality of your intel, Tommy???!!!

:)

Ben

20 minutes ago, Beaster said:

Excellent DJ. There was some info floating around that she was early on Saturday though. The mix that recently featured on Beyer's Drumcode podcast is brilliant. 

Wasn't that info debunked? It had her playing a stage at 7pm that doesn't open until after 7pm.