Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 hours ago, ravermum said:

I've loved that Prospa - Prayer - track since I first heard it. They seem like lovely young lads too. I've added a mix of theirs I heard on Pete Tong a few months back to the spreadsheet. It's only a half hour studio mix, so probably not that indicative, but there's not that much of their work out online yet. I love the way they've come through as the next generation, but with obviously a lot of love for the scene and the history. I feel like they might be the genuine article, unlike Krystal Klear. I hate knocking someone who puts their work out there, but I think Neutron Dance is a shit, New Order rip-off and I rant about it to whoever's nearby if that track comes on within my earshot.

Just Worked my way through their Spotify, they're great! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ravermum said:

I've loved that Prospa - Prayer - track since I first heard it. They seem like lovely young lads too. I've added a mix of theirs I heard on Pete Tong a few months back to the spreadsheet. It's only a half hour studio mix, so probably not that indicative, but there's not that much of their work out online yet. I love the way they've come through as the next generation, but with obviously a lot of love for the scene and the history. I feel like they might be the genuine article, unlike Krystal Klear. I hate knocking someone who puts their work out there, but I think Neutron Dance is a shit, New Order rip-off and I rant about it to whoever's nearby if that track comes on within my earshot.

I've downloaded literally everything they've released today and "Prayer" has been in my head all day. Absolutely my kind of electronica.

They're in my top 5 will-not-miss at the festival now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've downloaded literally everything they've released today and "Prayer" has been in my head all day. Absolutely my kind of electronica.

They're in my top 5 will-not-miss at the festival now. 

Running a half marathon tomorrow and Prayer is on my “Finish The Job” playlist. I hadn’t listened to any of their other material or even twigged they were playing until this little love in. The Electronica/Dance thread provides again ??

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hooj Tunes was pretty much THE label back in 95, wasn't it?

Hooj were mega. There is a mint classic trance line up in Manchester 17 august. Red Jerry is on. He'll definitely bang out Hooj tunes. Lange is playing & so is Andres Ribeca doing a nu nrg set. Im very tempted. Just for Ribeca really.

There's some clips doing the round of Skream and Rusko doing an old school dubstep set (Christ that makes me feel old) at some festival in America over the weekend.

Obviously dubstep gets a lot of flak and most of it is deserved. I blame the yanks. but Skream and Benga at my first glasto in 2008 at the bassline circus is still one of my favourite ever sets.

Would love to see Skream back on a dubstep flex, I'm sure it would go down a storm on the new arcadia 

Someone asked him on Instagram why he didn’t do it in the place where it started as there’d be more people there to appreciate it. 

His was response was that there would be more people there who’d think they knew better basically. He said he thought it was pretty special playing those tunes to people hearing them for the first time.

6 minutes ago, Divein said:

Someone asked him on Instagram why he didn’t do it in the place where it started as there’d be more people there to appreciate it. 

His was response was that there would be more people there who’d think they knew better basically. He said he thought it was pretty special playing those tunes to people hearing them for the first time.

Yeah Dubstep 'Hedz' are some of the most irritating elitist types of music fans I've encountered.

hopefully there will be something to get me feeling all nostalgic on this years line-up

If not I'll be happy enough with all the DnB. Randall b2b Kasra is something I'm particularly looking forward to

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

There was a hard house and trance stage last time - I really enjoyed it but my mates weren’t having it!

I can only put up with it for so long.

Its why I really enjoy going to off me nut nights here in sheff, you get loads of different genres throughout the night, always really silly and high energy and they usually end with a banging hard style or donk set. 

hoping they have some representation on the line up this year as well, I know phatworld have had sets in the electric carrousel in the past 

11 minutes ago, Chris Wilders Moretti said:

I can only put up with it for so long.

Its why I really enjoy going to off me nut nights here in sheff, you get loads of different genres throughout the night, always really silly and high energy and they usually end with a banging hard style or donk set. 

hoping they have some representation on the line up this year as well, I know phatworld have had sets in the electric carrousel in the past 

I reckon I'll get it out of my system at Eat Static:

on=view

Edited by Homer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

You might find something more to your liking here:

Ahaha nice one but I was camped next to the Psytrance forest at boomtown a couple of years ago and I think I've heard enough to last me a life time. Bits of it I can get on with, but for me it gets way to samey... like I can deal with it for a bit but definitely need to be in the right mind set