Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@hmmmloddy great story, it's moments like this why we love the place so much. Unique, intimate, pulse-racing, random encounters. Love hearing stories like this.

This.

These kind of stories are what separate genuinely wonderful places like Glastonbury, Boomtown etc., from 'some bands. In a field. Playing some music.'

A few years ago a mate and I were so excited to be invited into the staff bar/dance area behind The Rabbit Hole. It's not even especially 'exciting' in there, per se, but the mere fact that it exists and we went in there was thrilling!

Ben

9 hours ago, gordong said:

I can’t tell if this is a wind up, did this actually happen?

I know it sounds like I was tripping balls but that link should give you some confirmation that *something* was there to be found that year. It was also a year when the likes of Secret Cinema/ Youmebumbumtrain / Punch Drunk were at peak hype and these guys were definitely doing stuff at that level. It seemed an incredible amount of production to invest in an experience that I guess only a hundred or so people could have a day but as @bennyhana22 and @Supernintendo Chalmers point out: it’s stuff like this that raises Glasto above others and keeps us coming back again and again. Like the rabbit hole. Like the mad corners and cupboards in Shangri-La. etc etc.

We actually went back to the cloakroom in London Underground later in the festival to absolutely double check we weren’t all slipped some magic beans. They gave us a bit of chat and my friend a kind of fluorescent baseball cap when he said he ‘left his coat there’ last night. He treasures that thing as we all do the experience.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hmmmloddy said:

OK, long post. Strap in

Wow. That was epic. Thanks for writing it up! 

37 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

From the intensity of the situation I think it's wise that you weren't...

Agreed, If I was spangled in that situation, I would have screamed, cried and shat myself simultaneously. 

Wonder what they've got in store for us this year?

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

First anniversary of this going down – one of the better parties I've ever been in the heat of, and it was on a Monday or something ridiculous if I recall correctly. Start your day right.

Class set. One of the last great boiler room sets to my knowledge. I think I’ve been playing Supermodel regularly ever since. My missis squealed with excitement when I first had it on as she loves Rupaul.

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

These kind of stories are what separate genuinely wonderful places like Glastonbury, Boomtown etc., from 'some bands. In a field. Playing some music.'

Can confirm. Was involved in a fully acted out wild west wedding at Boomtown '18 where I had to be the priest. The groom's mistress turned up and had a massive argument because she was pregnant with his child. Great fun.

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This.

A few years ago a mate and I were so excited to be invited into the staff bar/dance area behind The Rabbit Hole. It's not even especially 'exciting' in there, per se, but the mere fact that it exists and we went in there was thrilling!

Ben

I went up to that rabbit hole one too - had a game off ping pong but I was so out of it I could barely see the ball. I think there was a hottub in there too if i recall correctly   

@hmmmloddy - WOW, absolute madness!

I'm definitely going to have my eye out for all the info around this year. Went through a random door in Boomtown last year and found a poker table and a contortionist, but this is some next level shit! 

Can we agree to post if we see anything intriguing, or does that spoil the fun...?

Just now, Sasperella said:

@hmmmloddy - WOW, absolute madness!

I'm definitely going to have my eye out for all the info around this year. Went through a random door in Boomtown last year and found a poker table and a contortionist, but this is some next level shit! 

Can we agree to post if we see anything intriguing, or does that spoil the fun...?

I think if you're sharing with a group of whom you see yourself as part of the 'community', then that's fine. 

Except for me - I 'religiously' do not look at the web, twitter or anything other than group WhatsApps for meet ups for the time I'm inside the fence...!

Ben

23 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

Just seen Monika Kruse is playing 7pm Saturday. What a sh1t slot that is. I was hoping for a late night/early morning stomper. 

The temple didnt open until 10pm last year and I would imagine it is the same this year

4 hours ago, frozenfish said:

Which dances areas are we still waiting on then? Block 9, Beat Hotel, Stonebridge? And then any others that may appear on other stages i.e. Park

Plus the one and only Arcadia. Expect big things this year ?