Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Peach will playing around 7pm on Sunday, and there should be a Shanti Celeste x Peach x Saoirse x Moxie quadruple-header on the Thursday too somewhere.

D'Avery makes sense on Arcadia, I could see a b2b with HAAi or Erol Alkan in the Beat Hotel too.

That must be Peach's set in Wow. Moxie did On Loop presents in the Stonebridge Bar in 2016, can't remember if she did it 2017 but she played there with Vynehall, probably something similar. 

On 5/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, Ddiamondd said:

That's great, he's exactly the kind of person I expect to be in the Block9 drop

Anticipating a deluge of cutting edge names next week – all the ones propping up the circuit at the minute: Honey Soundsystem, CCL, Prosumer, Andy Butler, Boris, Serge, Black Madonna, Dr Rubinstein, Barker, Skee Mask, Central, Carista, Joey Anderson, Special Request, Leeon, Courtesy, Eris Drew (potentially with Octo Octa), Avalon as we know – all of them.

Special Request isn’t played I asked him he said he couldn’t make it work this year. Shame. Cannot wait for Bloc9 line up I think it’s going to be brilliant 

On 5/11/2019 at 5:33 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Peach will playing around 7pm on Sunday, and there should be a Shanti Celeste x Peach x Saoirse x Moxie quadruple-header on the Thursday too somewhere.

D'Avery makes sense on Arcadia, I could see a b2b with HAAi or Erol Alkan in the Beat Hotel too.

Solid prediction. If my info is correct, Avery b2b HAAi will be closing Beat Hotel on one of the nights.

18 minutes ago, Col!n said:

Solid prediction. If my info is correct, Avery b2b HAAi will be closing Beat Hotel on one of the nights.

That could be fantastic...I just wish I liked the Beat Hotel more as a venue... :(

Also, and I could be talking absolute bollocks, I get the feeling that the vibe in there influences the type of sets that the artists play, meaning that DJs I like focus more there on styles that don't quite do it for me...

Foe example, on paper Ben UFO b2b Joy O could/should be stellar for me. Put 'em in the Beat Hotel and I'm dancing there thinking "erm..."!!

Ben

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Foe example, on paper Ben UFO b2b Joy O could/should be stellar for me. Put 'em in the Beat Hotel and I'm dancing there thinking "erm..."!!

Ben

This raises something I've often thought about with regards DJ sets at festivals - sometimes their set will vary a lot from what they normally play in a club environment. I remember watching a YouTube vid of Sasha at Glastonbury and he played a few DnB rollers (much to my delight). Depends on the stage/area I suppose.

10 minutes ago, rubick said:

This raises something I've often thought about with regards DJ sets at festivals - sometimes their set will vary a lot from what they normally play in a club environment. I remember watching a YouTube vid of Sasha at Glastonbury and he played a few DnB rollers (much to my delight). Depends on the stage/area I suppose.

I think you’re right. The motivations for this could be many. It might be that they like to go a bit off piste, not feeling constrained by an expectation of what they ‘should’ play for a specific club night etc. Or, they might feel that the crowd is quite different from a club crowd who have all made a very conscious effort to go see them, and so vary the set up much more also to engage the more casual passer by etc...

My problem is an unavoidable need to make sure that every set I watch is what I want it to be. As such, I would rather go for a dead cert, than risk being in the Beat Hotel and be disappointed, and then be that far from, say, Arcadia! 

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think you’re right. The motivations for this could be many. It might be that they like to go a bit off piste, not feeling constrained by an expectation of what they ‘should’ play for a specific club night etc. Or, they might feel that the crowd is quite different from a club crowd who have all made a very conscious effort to go see them, and so vary the set up much more also to engage the more casual passer by etc...

My problem is an unavoidable need to make sure that every set I watch is what I want it to be. As such, I would rather go for a dead cert, than risk being in the Beat Hotel and be disappointed, and then be that far from, say, Arcadia! 

Ben

I often find festival sets more crowd pleasing than if it was in the club. Don’t get me wrong, when I’m off it, nothing I love more than banger after banger straight up till the end. But sometimes it takes away the build up and the whole structure of the set.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

That must be Peach's set in Wow. Moxie did On Loop presents in the Stonebridge Bar in 2016, can't remember if she did it 2017 but she played there with Vynehall, probably something similar. 

Moxie is hosting an on loop party in Silver Hayes. Likely to be a day thing in WOW. Would like to see her at a later time somewhere as well. Really good DJ and I highly recommend her radio show on NTS.

I think it is also a result of being time constrained, if you haven't got the time to properly get a vibe going you have to keep pace with the person before you and keep that same vibe going. I guess it's also the DJ's job to make the crowd dance, if what they're playing isn't working then they have to change it up, I saw Joy O at Printworks recently at the Mall Grab night and his set was very different to previous sets I've seen for that very reason.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Proper excited for this block9 announcement tomorrow mates. Really think they're gonna knock it out of the park

Me too. Was a bit so so about the announcements until Glade pulled it out the bag now I'm on tender hooks waiting to hear what they have in store for us.

26 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

Moxie is hosting an on loop party in Silver Hayes. Likely to be a day thing in WOW. Would like to see her at a later time somewhere as well. Really good DJ and I highly recommend her radio show on NTS.

Ohhh yeah, that'll be good fun 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Is it deffo on for tomorrow then?

It appears to be. 

Just something I'd thought of.........since Inner City are playing in WOW, can we assume Kevin Saunderson will be fulfilling his cancelled set on Genosys from 2017?

14 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Is it deffo on for tomorrow then?

This year, Block9's space at Glastonbury will triple, adding a new field and 15,000-capacity outdoor arena for IICON. The full Glastonbury lineup, which also includes The NYC Downlow and Genosys areas, will be announced on May 14th. 

...from the RA feature on IICON and the new Block9 set up. I'm pretty sure IT'S HAPPENING...

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This year, Block9's space at Glastonbury will triple, adding a new field and 15,000-capacity outdoor arena for IICON. The full Glastonbury lineup, which also includes The NYC Downlow and Genosys areas, will be announced on May 14th. 

...from the RA feature on IICON and the new Block9 set up. I'm pretty sure IT'S HAPPENING...

Ben

They've really branched out since they disarmed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Save for Special Request – sadly ruled out now – and maybe one or two of the more hopeful curveballs (CCL, Joey A), I'd expect over half that lot to feature tomorrow – plus Midland, Horse Meat Disco, Gideon himself obviously, all the regulars

Wonder who the NYC Downlow legend will be this year. Roger Sanchez, Masters At Work...they've got a penchant for the big US house cheeses. Maybe Larry Heard? Danny Tenaglia? Dave Mancuso hologram?

edit: autocorrected to Download, ha. As much as I'd love to see Mr Fingers between Slash and Def Leppard, somehow I feel that is a dream too far.

Erik Morellio mate someone wrote it in code weeks ago in another thread. I just assumed everyone had seen it. Suppose it’s okay to write it now.

One name I’d love to see there is Objekt and I’m leaning towards he will be there/hoping.

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers
COZ