Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Monika Kruse and Daniel Avery are both on my list. I downloaded some sets of Daniel's late last year which I really like, do you know what genre he tends to play? Some of it sounds techno-y but other bits are more ambient - i'm not really sure if that sort of stuff has a name of if it's bits and bobs of different things?

8 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Monika Kruse and Daniel Avery are both on my list. I downloaded some sets of Daniel's late last year which I really like, do you know what genre he tends to play? Some of it sounds techno-y but other bits are more ambient - i'm not really sure if that sort of stuff has a name of if it's bits and bobs of different things?

He’s certainly less predictable than others. Always a bit of a worry for me! I get so obsessed about sets that I try to minimise the chance of anything other than stellar!! Monika will be great. Only issue is that she sticks out in The Common line up like a sore thumb amongst a LOT of cheesy tech-house fingers**!

:)

Ben

**no offence intended to our tech-house loving brethren, clearly. We’re nothing if not inclusive in here!

6 hours ago, GWR said:

Spent a great Thursday afternoon in the spaceport in 2016 (day and year could be wrong as I was enjoying myself a bit too much for the afternoon). Dave beer played a great set then joined us in the crowd after. Looking forward to getting back

Love Mr Beer and I agree there are a lot of true musicheads in Spaceport

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bloody right.

Even more reason to think about a few threaders occasionally meeting up for a set or two. We're guaranteed to get you into a better place @Winslow Leach...

(sorry if things have been a bit crappy..)

Ben
x

Coming back to the farm to dance among people who love music as much as I do gives me such life. @Winslow Leach - big up to you and know you’ll soon be among it. I think a meet-up sounds like a great idea 

9 hours ago, GWR said:

I'm hoping bill brewster will be added, he usually does pay a few sets over the weekend and sounds like he'd be up ur Street. Plays a mix of good disco, funk, electro and house

Started my day with a set of his at The Glade other year. He was class got the tunes totally right for the time of day (early afternoon) people being a bit rough. 

I’m like 99 percent sure Ibiza lads tech house icon Jamie Jones was there coz there was only about 20 people. Don’t rate him DJing but he seemed a good dancer.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

anyone seen Squarepusher DJ before then? 

I think I have....in Bristol in late 2005. But I'm hazy about whether that's even true, let alone what he was like. I do remember that I enjoyed it...and it being in a venue with a lot of neon