Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

16 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I went to see Rival Consoles last night, I didn't know any of his stuff but really enjoyed it. Can anyone point me in the direction of his records I should buy? Any chance of him turning up on the farm?

Saw him at EartH last year, really good live! His latest album Persona is what the live show is built around currently. If you liked the more ambient parts you couldn’t take a look at the Erased Tapes compilations and it’s also worth checking out Throwing Snow (albums Embar and Loma) if you enjoyed the dancier side to Rival Consoles, he supported them at EartH, really nice pair of albums. 

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Saw him at EartH last year, really good live! His latest album Persona is what the live show is built around currently. If you liked the more ambient parts you couldn’t take a look at the Erased Tapes compilations and it’s also worth checking out Throwing Snow (albums Embar and Loma) if you enjoyed the dancier side to Rival Consoles, he supported them at EartH, really nice pair of albums. 

I liked both sides tbh so i'll look into those, thanks.

I've been listening to a few of Daniel Avery's mixes he put put up for download at the end of last year, any suggestions of people in that style I should go and see at the farm? Other than Daniel himself obvs.

23 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Down with this nonsense. Different strokes for different sets and all, but sometimes you want the full airhorns blazing, MC chatting shit, dusty samples from the Terminator, dutty junglist experience.

I think it's all about time and place. I was at this recently: https://www.printworkslondon.co.uk/listings/clash-in-the-capital/ and Jungle Warriors won it because the Ragga Twins were running around full of energy and cussing all the other crews nonstop with them. It stomped on the vibe a little bit for me and I thought Born on Road/Serial Killaz were far better BUT it was a soundclash and its sort of expected. For a festival set I'd want the MCs to have quite a low-key role: more about getting the energy up at the right moments then letting the DJs create a vibe.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:33 AM, rubick said:

I love the chance to hear such a wide range of DnB/jungle - I come from Ireland where nights of this kind of music have been thin on the ground, with just a couple of dedicated heads promoting the sound across Belfast, Derry, Dublin and Cork over the years. (Dead Man's Chest/Eveson is playing here in Belfast on Saturday though!)

I wouldn't be a fan of the more jump-up stuff - I prefer jungle and early breakbeat hardcore (largely because I'll be 42 by the time Glastonbury swings around). Seem to remember Fabio and Grooverider's History of DnB set at Arcadia on the Sunday 2017 being pretty great, hoping for similar in The Temple this year ?

Serial Killaz ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I have heard that the programming on Block 9 is likely to be more extensive on the Thursday this year. Assuming this means Genosys aswell.

I really do hope so. Wish I could just go raving all day Thursday with quality DJ’s. I have such high hopes for the expanded Bloc9. I think I’d go to Bloc9 festival if it was just that area somewhere else. 

On 4/25/2019 at 12:44 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Damn straight, Sas!

Although I do agree that there's not enough variety of electronica throughout the night.

+1 for the DnB/Jungle crew. Apart from it being a personal favourite genre I find it really good to take the less electronically inclined members of our group to. Musically it's more accessible than the average house or techno set; there's plenty of energy and fun (depending on the DJ) and the really filthy end of it always raises a grin from even the most dedicated indie kids.

Unbeatable music in the right setting - although I totally get some heads on the thread could be sick of hearing it due to over-saturation. I pretty much feel the same about techno and proggy house in Northern Ireland, which are the two prevalent styles here. I still enjoy a good 4-4 session of course, just that I find breakbeats much more interesting. You never forget your first love!

Edited by rubick
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Do we think Koze has the chance to turn up? I am a bit gutted he hasn't appeared on the lineup yet.

I think he is pretty pricey, so unless he does a number of gigs across the weekend to make up the shortfall, I'm not sure he will be there sadly.

22 minutes ago, Col!n said:

From what I've seen he's doing Beat Hotel. Could have been TBCs though.

I'm going to claim myself as a mind-reader. I was thinking the only place i might have seen him playing was closing the beat hotel, but I thought it would be fairly unlikely