Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

That saying, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Temple is a big venue, if that's jam-packed on the Saturday evening it takes a big chunk of the crowd away from elsewhere. Might make queueing to get into the SE corner itself a bit of a ball ache though 

Though this is all hypothetical, i have no ticket (yes this is my plea for help)

3 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Seen a few criticisms of the Common line up being too DnB heavy. I'm tryna broaden my musical horizons on this sort of music so could someone give me a quick ELI5 version of the differences between DnB, Electronica, House, Techno etc? Thanks

DNB - kick snare kick snare kick snare

Electronica - kick..... snare...... kick....... snare

House - kick kick kick kick

Techno - kick kick kick kick * with reverb

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

I really banked on Aphex turning up at some point over the weekend, now i'm starting to think it isn't likely :( 

Didnt he only want to headline Other Stage and Glastonbury wouldn't go for it? I thought that's what Neil said hut I may be wrong. 

Soooo before I get lost in millions of sets - can anyone point me in direction of some techno, acid and even good tech-house on Common line up? Skip the well known names, I’m happy to explore unknown! 

Also, off to see Eddie Halliwell and Giuseppe Ottaviani on Friday. Can’t wait to get my trance fix. Haven’t seen Giuseppe live yet, might be quite a spectacle.

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Didnt he only want to headline Other Stage and Glastonbury wouldn't go for it? I thought that's what Neil said hut I may be wrong. 

There was certainly a story along the lines of he was offered The Park but he wanted The Other  

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Seen a few criticisms of the Common line up being too DnB heavy. I'm tryna broaden my musical horizons on this sort of music so could someone give me a quick ELI5 version of the differences between DnB, Electronica, House, Techno etc? Thanks

I'll give you the breakdown for Drum and Bass/Jungle, based upon my musical taste for this genre:

Very quick tempo (150bpm and above), breakbeat-style electronica with influences across many genres from hip-hop and reggae to dancehall and jazz amongst others. If you're looking for a more radio-friendly, vocal-break, sample-heavy DnB, seek out the likes of Chase & Status, Wilkinson, High Contrast, Sigma or DJ Fresh. You might prefer slightly less commercial acts like Andy C, Brockie, LTJ Bukem, Hype, Roni Size, Dimension, Mampi Swift all of who have slightly different styles. There is also a multitude of more progressive DnB artists like SPOR, Konflict, London Elektricity, Evol Intent, etc. There's also a thriving underground scene. Like all electronica, there's always someone pushing the envelope in a different direction.

DJs are usually accompanied by MCs who can either be "hype men" (MC GQ, Dynamite, Conrad) or lyrically dextrous MCs who rhyme over the top (Skibadee, Harry Shotta, Inja, Fearless, Det). They're not everyone's favourite but the right MC with the right DJ can set it off right. An annoying MC can ruin the set.

Some huge DnB acts announced so far for Glastonbury are: Fabio & Grooverider, Hype, Kings of the Rollers, Shy FX, Danny Byrd, London Elektricity, The Prototypes but I guarantee there'll be loads more across the weekend

Who can give my guy a breakdown of techno and house?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2