Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

just watching Nina Kraviz at Coachella, seems to be a live show, complete with her own vocals and performance art, starts with her walking around the stage, having a drink, reading a book, sitting on a couch. then later some odd dancing, then playing music normally for a while in the middle, then finishes with more interpretive dancing and singing a ballad (presumably one of her own tracks?). all very odd.

skip back about 2hrs 15mins from my post, probably repeated later today too.

I really like Nina. Saw her a few years ago closing a rave in Birmingham, refreshingly with her headliner slot 0400-0600h. She was really, really good.

If she is planning on bringing that Coachella...erm...thing to Glastonbury, I will be elsewhere.

WTF was that?!

Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should...

Ben

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Just so nobody misses it!

FCE2A334-4B30-40C4-A483-63464592F774.jpe

not a massive fan of silver hayes but i’ll definately have to swing by for craig b2b ben - some other great bookings there as well: four tet, hodge, midland b2b bruce

fantastic start now need block 9 to drop!!!

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I cant find it! 1:15 from the end is a band for me.

Not sure why

Yep, sorry. That was link to live stream when she was on on Friday, but it’s already got Sunday stuff on. In that case I’ve no idea where to find it, wanted to see couple of acts myself, but there don’t seem to be split sets anywhere.

8 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

After all the hype on these boards, I am finally getting to see Avalon Emerson at Corsica Studios tommorrow and I am v excited! 

Anyone else got Easter weekend electro-plans?

A Love From Outer Space at The Refuge hopefully depends if my friends missis lets him out.

Last few weeks at work was hectic, never got to finish writing this up!

Cheers for the advice, tucked was fine. ;) 

Did feel the search was thorough, full bag search, wallet gone through, phone case checked, trousers legs patted a fair bit. Assuming weapons is a priority over substances. 

I wasn't all surprised because of my taste, but I would have made Seinfeld/Fitzgerald the headliner. Felt like their set had the crowd in the best vibe. Ranging from some proper techno to some old classics. DJ Koze was v. good, no complaints, but nothing mind-blowing either. Though Pick Up really was a highlight. Annie Mac... Well... We left early... 

I dunno, but maybe I was tired from work or just the vibe wasn't all there, maybe the crowd was just a bit too on edge for me (as London tends to be sometimes). 

Some positives, not sure if it's a new thing at Printworks, but the upstairs was open. And that made a huge difference, got to watch everything from upstairs balconies which is a nice change of space and vibe, and there's also a hidden lounge/bar with sofas and seating, and other toilets. Really nice place to get away from it all, but it has music coming through so can always hear the set in the background. 

The Visuals Assuming this was Annie's doing (getting it arranged), but the Visuals brought the night up 200%. Big tall screen at the end of the venue, and the had a video jockey editing and playing around. Really fun to watch and get lost in. 

Had a great time with my mates, not a wasted a night, will definitely take other friends that come to the city as it's an amazing venue, but much rather go to smaller places for the music. 

On that note considering Folamour this Friday.