Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

for anyone over at Dekmantel this year, and pounding techno/industrial fans! Usually runs after the festival from about 11pm-7am. Both nights plus the festival would be tough though :lol: , easier when it was just on the Saturday night.

9as5thefqan21.jpg

Fuck me, that's a brutal set. Thanks for posting.

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, HeyPorter said:

Know what you mean there was a certain music snobbery to it all briefly. I’ve got mates who still listen to it now, some of them are into the engineering/production side of it and the whole scene in general. Chill out rooms! Got me remembering it all now, sundissential godskitchen and passion were our regular places. Magna was an amazing concept but the events never seemed to work there. The weekenders were amazing at the time but I was done with it by the age of 22 but have popped to the odd reuninion. The Wild West one was great, I always made an effort for the themes and was into the dancing side of it more than anything, there was something competitive about the dancing there. I remember Ilogik when he first came out, was he from Lincoln? Decent live. Rob Tissera was probably my fave. 

I never did the Tidy Weekenders but went to Sundissential in Leeds a couple of times with some folk off the Club the World forums. Great bunch of people who am still friends with. Having grown up in Scotland and the harder edge of that scene I did like a bit of hard house. That said wasn't exclusively into hard house and was into my techno and house and that is where my preference is these days- though go out clubbing so infrequently these days! 

Just now, dondo said:

I never did the Tidy Weekenders but went to Sundissential in Leeds a couple of times with some folk off the Club the World forums. Great bunch of people who am still friends with. Having grown up in Scotland and the harder edge of that scene I did like a bit of hard house. That said wasn't exclusively into hard house and was into my techno and house and that is where my preference is these days- though go out clubbing so infrequently these days! 

Tidysential at evolution was it? Did a couple of those, Leeds strangely had a half decent scene back then on sundays. Early morning all day type things. Was on the tidy forums and never missed an event for a couple of years. 

Just now, HeyPorter said:

Tidysential at evolution was it? Did a couple of those, Leeds strangely had a half decent scene back then on sundays. Early morning all day type things. Was on the tidy forums and never missed an event for a couple of years. 

Yes. I think it was Evolution on Kirkstall Road. 

I seem to remember there being a thing on a Sunday called Back to Mine which was a morning/day/night thing.  I never went as was out on Saturday night more going to Back to Basics which was a great club night- probably still my favourite club night. 

On 3/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, HeyPorter said:

Related to my previous post (see above) has anyone here ever attended a Tidy weekender?

Went a few, the Halloween Weekender, the wild west weekender and the one where the Tidy Boys did a live set - still my favourite CD that one. Used to love the Weekenders. Been to one of the Reunion events down in Bournemouth which was pretty good fun although i struggle to dance as much as i used to. 

Tidy were deffo one of the best / friendliest crowds i can remember, much nicer than a lot of the London Hard House scene, loved a weekender. 

Still enjoy some hard house / trance, this will be my first glasto in 20 years, is there anywhere that leans more to that kind of vibe than other places? 

17 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Went a few, the Halloween Weekender, the wild west weekender and the one where the Tidy Boys did a live set - still my favourite CD that one. Used to love the Weekenders. Been to one of the Reunion events down in Bournemouth which was pretty good fun although i struggle to dance as much as i used to. 

Tidy were deffo one of the best / friendliest crowds i can remember, much nicer than a lot of the London Hard House scene, loved a weekender. 

Still enjoy some hard house / trance, this will be my first glasto in 20 years, is there anywhere that leans more to that kind of vibe than other places? 

Sadly, you’ll definitely struggle to find pretty much any trance. Just not sure why, actually! 

Ben

2 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Leeds used to have a great clubbing scene. All day on a sunday at stinkys peephouse. Playing bassline, techno, funky house. Back2Mine it was called.

Loved it!

38 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Leeds used to have a great clubbing scene. All day on a sunday at stinkys peephouse. Playing bassline, techno, funky house. Back2Mine it was called.

Loved it!

I never went to Back2Mine as I said in previous post but went to Stinkys a good few times for Basics.  Great venue. 

Loved Mint too, shame it's closing down and gutted I missed the closing nights. 

21 minutes ago, dondo said:

I never went to Back2Mine as I said in previous post but went to Stinkys a good few times for Basics.  Great venue. 

Loved Mint too, shame it's closing down and gutted I missed the closing nights. 

Whoops, I missed that post! I still have about 20 Back2Mine Cds somewhere. 

Mint was a great venue. They had one called Northern light too which I liked.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whoops, I missed that post! I still have about 20 Back2Mine Cds somewhere. 

Mint was a great venue. They had one called Northern light too which I liked.

I only went to Northern Light a couple of times. 

Used to go to Rehab when Basics was there too. I know a lot of folk didn't like it there but I had some cracking nights there- especially when it was busy and also going at the time i was first going out with a girl who is now my wife so good memories. 

Forgot about Glasshouse as did that a few times after Basics at Heaven and Hell then Mission. 

Enjoyed Space when went there too 

19 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I would love to see (or play!) a classic trance set at Glastonbury. I think it would go down well too. Especially in the Glade or Spaceport

What kind of trance are we talking about, Fuzz? 98/99 Gatecrasher era? I'd love to get all nostalgic with M.I.K.E. or Matt Darey. I went to Mysteryland Festival near Amsterdam last year and they had a big top dedicated to trance, it was a fun step back in time

41 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What kind of trance are we talking about, Fuzz? 98/99 Gatecrasher era? I'd love to get all nostalgic with M.I.K.E. or Matt Darey. I went to Mysteryland Festival near Amsterdam last year and they had a big top dedicated to trance, it was a fun step back in time

Yeah that's the vibe! Prob 98 - 2002. Stuff such as...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/21/2019 at 5:41 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Sadly, you’ll definitely struggle to find pretty much any trance. Just not sure why, actually! 

Ben

I was actually gonna ask this question! 

I’m seeing Eddie Halliwell and Giuseppe Ottaviani in Middlesbrough next month which I’m super excited about! I still play a bit of classics at my mates parties when I dj (doesn’t happen often, but still) ?

11 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Any of you guys into Max Cooper? Caught him on Friday doing a live set and he was superb, as were that visuals. Similar vibe to Jon Hopkins, but not quite straying into the heavier aspects.

Max Cooper is great, have caught his live a/v show before. Hoping he'll be playing. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Any of you guys into Max Cooper? Caught him on Friday doing a live set and he was superb, as were that visuals. Similar vibe to Jon Hopkins, but not quite straying into the heavier aspects.

Unsurprisingly, yes, I think he’s fantastic. Saw him do an A/V set on the best stage (Sunrise) at Latitude in 2017 and it was absolutely brilliant. Wonderful electronica and visuals, often building into full on ravey IDM. Child 3 and I had a right old dance together! Would love to see him on the Farm...not impossible...

Ben

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Unsurprisingly, yes, I think he’s fantastic. Saw him do an A/V set on the best stage (Sunrise) at Latitude in 2017 and it was absolutely brilliant. Wonderful electronica and visuals, often building into full on ravey IDM. Child 3 and I had a right old dance together! Would love to see him on the Farm...not impossible...

Ben

Had an inkling you were a fan Ben ?. Been nerdy and checked his tour dates. Glastonbury is a definite possibility.

• Upvote 1