Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Some sunday evening viewing..

I love charlotte, she mixes how I mix, long transitions, get rid of the bass on the outgoing track & the tracks will naturally bleed out & mix if you pick the right tunes (which some people cant pick). No dicking about or pretending to do x, y & z. Let the tunes tell the story. 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Some sunday evening viewing..

I love charlotte, she mixes how I mix, long transitions, get rid of the bass on the outgoing track & the tracks will naturally bleed out & mix if you pick the right tunes (which some people cant pick). No dicking about or pretending to do x, y & z. Let the tunes tell the story. 

By far, my favourite mix of hers! Can’t remember if this track is on this one, but if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t find this: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

She has done a few for the tunnel. She is ace.

I didn’t realise. Think I was always listening the same one :)

I presume none of you listens to Radio1 on here, but I always do on Friday nights at work (since I got my aux cable confiscated ?) to make it a bit more bearable. She was on Pete Tong on Friday, playing harder than usual, it was soooo good! She was on again on Sunday night as part of her residency ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002sl8 

She’s on from 01:30:00.

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

They're often about. They also played in 2015 if I remember correctly, doing that siriusmodeselektor double bill thing.

I just want to see Evil Twin on a massive stage.

Wasn't that at Wow? I remember all weekend I was looking forward to that and it getting towards their set time and I was in the SEC in no fit state to get there in time.  This time it'll be different.  I will still be in a mess but hopefully I'll make sure I'll get to where I need to be first

and @bennyhana22, wonderful write up.  Though I must admit, the longer it goes without a confirmation from Jon Hopkins, the more worried I get that he isn't playing.  Think I'm going to have to do some transcendental meditation and see if I can have a chat to him in another plane of reality.   That's how meditation works, right?

48 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Wasn't that at Wow? I remember all weekend I was looking forward to that and it getting towards their set time and I was in the SEC in no fit state to get there in time.  This time it'll be different.  I will still be in a mess but hopefully I'll make sure I'll get to where I need to be first

and @bennyhana22, wonderful write up.  Though I must admit, the longer it goes without a confirmation from Jon Hopkins, the more worried I get that he isn't playing.  Think I'm going to have to do some transcendental meditation and see if I can have a chat to him in another plane of reality.   That's how meditation works, right?

Yep, last thing on Sunday night at WOW.  I didn't go because I wasn't actually at the festival, but since I was on SecretGlasto duty that year, I probably know that year's lineup as well as any year I did attend.  Better than some, for sure! 

I know there is the other thread, but it doesn't feel right having a dance music thread without saying something about Keith Flint.

I along with millions of others were introduced to "rave" culture and music through the prodigy. For that, Ill always be immensely greatful. 

Today is a day to be sad, but the tunes will live on. Keith will live on through them.

This isnt my favourite by them, but this is the first proper rave track I truely loved.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know there is the other thread, but it doesn't feel right having a dance music thread without saying something about Keith Flint.

I along with millions of others were introduced to "rave" culture and music through the prodigy. For that, Ill always be immensely greatful. 

Today is a day to be sad, but the tunes will live on. Keith will live on through them.

This isnt my favourite by them, but this is the first proper rave track I truely loved.

The vocal on this track is iconic

9 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I don’t know a thing about this. Am I excited? I feel I could/should be...

Ben

I’d hope some of it would be up your street Ben, I know you have a good and varied taste.

Its basically an event one bloke puts on every few months but he gets in people from all across the dance music spectrum. He started off as one bloke who made up a run of one off tshirts, and went from there to getting sued by Jeremy Hunt for making tshirts supporting NHS, various other things such as that and just generally has quite an interesting history. He (Johnny) seems to be someone everyone seems to like and want to play his events, so will be interesting to see who he gets in, although I’d pre warn to expect Artwork/Skream for one or two of the slots.

18 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

posted in self confirmed thread but would expect something on WOW, maybe SEC, lots of names could play.

17 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I don’t know a thing about this. Am I excited? I feel I could/should be...

Ben

I can see this being a Stonebridge bar takeover or a micro venue in Shangri La. Expect the likes of Loefah, Klose One, Benton etc..

Edited by EZYSEY

? Sunday looks delicious!     EDIT:  Wrong forum - sorry!  I know there's some Drumcode heads in here tho!

5880D324-FACD-4E7D-B8EF-D43989CD3E11.jpeg

Edited by stu_kent
Wrong forum!

14 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Thanks to all who recommended Avalon Emerson to me...listened to her Printworks mix on SoundCloud yesterday. Had a bit of a momwnt when she dropped Bjork halfway through. Mint.

Yep she's mint I'd never heard of her until someone on this thread recommended her and I'm eternally grateful 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Thanks to all who recommended Avalon Emerson to me...listened to her Printworks mix on SoundCloud yesterday. Had a bit of a moment when she dropped Bjork halfway through. Mint.

Have you listened to her Essential Mix yet? Unreal. Got tickets to see her The White Hotel in May I can’t wait.

*edit*

i read this other day too thought it was great.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3392

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers
Edit
  • Like 1