Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I'm always trying to expand my electronica horizons and a lot of you on this thread are a very knowledgeable bunch. In the past I've got some great suggestions from here so give me ten of your favourite tracks, past and/or present. They can be techno, house, drum & bass, happy hardcore, ambient glitch, whatever! I'm just happy to listen to the bleeps that make you tick. They don't have to be YouTube links cos that'll clog up the thread, just list em out...

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm always trying to expand my electronica horizons and a lot of you on this thread are a very knowledgeable bunch. In the past I've got some great suggestions from here so give me ten of your favourite tracks, past and/or present. They can be techno, house, drum & bass, happy hardcore, ambient glitch, whatever! I'm just happy to listen to the bleeps that make you tick. They don't have to be YouTube links cos that'll clog up the thread, just list em out...

personally atm i’m really digging acidy tracks and recently picked up an absolute amazing roy of the ravers EP

the best track is: roy of the ravers - 1999

it’s a real show stopper of a track

another classic by him is emotinium, on youtube search ceephax acid crew - emotinium (roy of the ravers secret mix)

probably my all time fave piece of electronic music

Ill do 10, of a few different genres, which have been big for me in my clubbing life. I havent been to a hard house event in years, but Ive put one in the list.

None will be that new....

Deux - Sun Rising Up

Plastic Boy - Silver Bath.

Quench - Dreams

Marco V - Godd

Dustin Zahn - Stranger to Stability (Len Faki mix)

Octave 1 - Blackwater (full strings vocal mix)

Carl Cox - Room 713

Layo and Bushwacka - Let the good times Roll

Amelie Lens - Contradiction

Flashheadz - Promised Land 

These are not my favourites... but the first 10 that I could think of which have been influential for me

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Nice bit of euphoric acid, thanks for the recommendation.

Gimme your ten favourites from all genres.

I'll be honest I'm not clued up on genre's enough I just like what I like so the genres may be wrong - it's also impossible to do a top 10 list really but these are tunes that I've been playing a lot recently from all genres of electronic music spectrum I guess - hope you like a couple pal

Disco: Marlena Shaw - Touch me in the morning (Disco Mix)
techno: Objekt - CLK Recovery
Electro: Illektrolab - I am illektro
dnb: Double 99 - ripgroove (fixrate mix)
no idea on this genre probs weird techno?: Pearson Sound - XLB
acid: Roy of the ravers - emotinium
House: Paul Johnson - so much (so much mix)
garage(ish): Oi! Nutter!! - original nutter (rudeboy speed garage mix)
hardcore/breaks : kreggo textash - the definitive hardcore anthem
House/Techno: Fatima Yamaha - Whats a girl to do (overplayed to fuck but will always have to list it as fave tunes)

Just got back from Massive Attack at Steel Yard/Filton Airfield (is it the same Steelyard they use for Creamfields, Prydz live etc?).

Loved it! So much power in some of those tunes.

Mezzanine isn't my favourite album of theirs so it did drag a tiny bit at points, but nothing major. The imagery and visuals are also a bit A Level Philosophy "consumerism is bad", but all in all a great night out. 

11 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Just got back from Massive Attack at Steel Yard/Filton Airfield (is it the same Steelyard they use for Creamfields, Prydz live etc?).

Loved it! So much power in some of those tunes.

Mezzanine isn't my favourite album of theirs so it did drag a tiny bit at points, but nothing major. The imagery and visuals are also a bit A Level Philosophy "consumerism is bad", but all in all a great night out. 

"Conspiracies are a conspiracy"

Woah, it's like we really live in a society maaaaaaan

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

"Conspiracies are a conspiracy"

Woah, it's like we really live in a society maaaaaaan

They play a bit of Avicii - Levels at one point near the end, and flash something about Adidas up on screen? Fuck knows what it was about but it sounded banging on that soundsystem tbh, so I think their intention was lost haha.

Then again they had an actual Cocteau Twin with them so that's unbeatable.

Horace Andy doing See a Man's Face as well, OOOOFTTT.

3 minutes ago, Zacko said:

They play a bit of Avicii - Levels at one point near the end, and flash something about Adidas up on screen? Fuck knows what it was about but it sounded banging on that soundsystem tbh, so I think their intention was lost haha.

Then again they had an actual Cocteau Twin with them so that's unbeatable.

Horace Andy doing See a Man's Face as well, OOOOFTTT.

See a Man's Face is such a good song.  Was a pretty damn good gig, but shame the people behind me were talking loads. I should have bit their noses off but I'm a pacifist xxxxx

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Aye we had to move cause there were absolutely fucked people just ruining it for us!

I mean I love a party favour as much as the next guy, but I think boshing them at Massive Attack whilst images of refugees and war flash up on screen might send me the wrong way.

Edited by Zacko

Just now, Zacko said:

Aye we had to move cause there were absolutely fucked people just ruining it for us!

I mean I love a party favour as much as the next guy, but I think boshing them at Massive Attack whilst images of refugees and war flash up on screen might send me the wrong way.

In my case, I wouldn't mind if they were sharing, but otherwise they can fuck off. Felt a bit too sobre for the gig tbh; should have had a true Bristol experience and done spice