Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

Good choice not having Bicep on under the junction/bridge/motorway/road/whatever - would be absolutely rammo.

I also think it's a good choice but because I want to see Villalobos under the bridge!

Not sure there's a huge capacity difference between The Hex and The Bridge to be honest, the shape is of course different but I reckon more people fit under the flyover.

Jeff Mills on 6 Music shortly with an afro-beat mix.

Was at the Jeff & Tony Allen thing last night at the Barbican ... intriguing in its way, although drifted off into jazz-style noodling in places. Still, a nice comfy chair for this old man and it certainly was different surroundings to how me & Jeff used to spend our nights together 20-something years ago.

Jeff & Tony.jpg

Edited by Fishman
Rogue apostrophe
  • Upvote 1

OMG..... Please watch this, it had me smiling from start to finish. Apologies if it's been posted before. It's an Italian guy, from Rome, performing "Street Techno" he basically reproduces thousands of pounds worth of electronic gadgetry on pots, pans, drums, bits of plastic and scrap metal. I was blown away listening to it. If it's too long just give the first 5mins a go to get a flavour. (Special mention to the guy in the background dancing at about 8.07)

Deffo one for you @bennyhana22 I would suggest. Anyway, here it is....

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

OMG..... Please watch this, it had me smiling from start to finish. Apologies if it's been posted before. It's an Italian guy, from Rome, performing "Street Techno" he basically reproduces thousands of pounds worth of electronic gadgetry on pots, pans, drums, bits of plastic and scrap metal. I was blown away listening to it. If it's too long just give the first 5mins a go to get a flavour. (Special mention to the guy in the background dancing at about 8.07)

I've just watched this is an almost trance like state, it had me hooked! Fantastically talented, and yes shout out to the dancing guy! 

9 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Fucking hell!

Absolutely phenomenal and a 20 minute set MUCH better than many I’ve seen recently! That is truly astonishing! I watched with a continuous smile and a compulsion to dance. The only problem being that I’m not able to chuck him a few euros. A beautiful illustration of the huge number of unbelievably talented people who don’t get a break, resigned to street playing (unless he’s happy just doing that, of course...), compared to the talentless dross that pervades most of the well-known musical landscape. 

Thanks for posting, @Northern Soul - just fantastic. 

Ben

9 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Anyone know the tune ID at 07:54? ?

14 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Been reminiscing to Masters at Work the last couple of nights at home, god I love these guys. The music is absolutely timeless. Hope they make it to the farm this year. 

They were there in 2017. A dream booking for NYC Downlow. Live set here: https://www.residentadvisor.net/feed/106449

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Been reminiscing to Masters at Work the last couple of nights at home, god I love these guys. The music is absolutely timeless. Hope they make it to the farm this year. 

36 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They were there in 2017. A dream booking for NYC Downlow. Live set here: https://www.residentadvisor.net/feed/106449

And from one end of the spectrum to the other, I’m seeing Jon Hopkins live in Bristol on Saturday...it’s going to be magnificent. I can feel it!

Ben

49 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's great thanks for that - that's my evening listening sorted! I can't believe they were there the year I had to miss out on the G! Absolutely gutting, unless of course they fancy another outing this year. Fingers crossed!

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And from one end of the spectrum to the other, I’m seeing Jon Hopkins live in Bristol on Saturday...it’s going to be magnificent. I can feel it!

Ben

Have a fantastic night, Ben! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I look forward to your review next week Ben.

Been a few issues recently with overcrowding at Motion hopefully sort this out for Saturday.

Really hope to catch Hopkins at the farm this year he'll smash Motion that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

M.A.W were so good listened back to that set a few times now too. Saw them at Dekmantel that year but much preferred the Downlow set. 

Who do people think will play there this year? Fingers and toes crossed for Octo Octa with Eris Drew as they’re touring this summer. 

If we're talking NYC Downlow, maybe somebody like Dimitri From Paris? 

As long as I get Gesaffelstein on Genosys I'm good. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If we're talking NYC Downlow, maybe somebody like Dimitri From Paris? 

Saw him last Saturday at Albert Hall at La Discotheque event and was great! Was thinking he would be great at the Downlow.

Has he played before? looking at their previous line ups on the glasto site surprised he hasn't been there yet but that only shows the last 4 festivals.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If we're talking NYC Downlow, maybe somebody like Dimitri From Paris

As long as I get Gesaffelstein on Genosys I'm good. 

That's a great shout and I'd be down for this - the craving for a good old funk / disco / house NYC Dowlow session is real this morning.