Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

https://caribouband.bandcamp.com/track/thriller

New daphni track is fantastic.

Saw him last summer and it was one of my sets of the year. I'd imagine he doesn't mind taking less cash as he played a sold out headline show the weekend previous as caribou but then played early evening second stage at a small festival. 

On 2/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, Winslow Leach said:

Just get Avalon Emerson to the farm already, I'll drive her myself if needs be. 

Now, that’s a shout worth upvoting!!!

Her, Or:la,Eclair Fifi  and Courtesy would do me nicely!!!

On 2/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, stu_kent said:

But, I'm a Drumcode fanboy :rolleyes:

Hi Brother!!! ?‍♀️

Edited by Jay89
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bloody work computer firewalls YouTube...

ARGH!

- what is the track, Jay?

Ben

Courtesy’s set from last years Dekmantel. Banger after banger if you ask me.

Also, the stars are aligning, none of the girls mentioned above are at Awakenings, in fact, one of them told me she’s definitely playing Glastonbury ? and as we know they all like to tour together, so I might get the fireworks I wanted after all ?

On 2/15/2019 at 8:30 AM, stocky3000 said:

Off to see Eclair Fifi tonight as tickets were cheap at Mick's Garage.

First time for both. Any reviews?

I like Mick's Garage. It's quite unusual as during the daytime it's not a dance space at all. They've been getting some decent names in there, getting more popular.  I do wish they could expand somehow, into the courtyard or some of the bars across, there's a nice pub on the canal on the left when you go out. Do a Stamp to gets you into both or something, different Djs and whatnot.

Have had a few good nights in there, but location isn't too ideal for me. Might go see HAAI there.

Did you end up going? / What did you think?

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

I like Mick's Garage. It's quite unusual as during the daytime it's not a dance space at all. They've been getting some decent names in there, getting more popular.  I do wish they could expand somehow, into the courtyard or some of the bars across, there's a nice pub on the canal on the left when you go out. Do a Stamp to gets you into both or something, different Djs and whatnot.

Have had a few good nights in there, but location isn't too ideal for me. Might go see HAAI there.

Did you end up going? / What did you think?

I really like Mick's Garage as a space. Plenty of room to move about and a good vibe.

Was very impressed with Eclair Fifi too, thought she paid a great set. Would likely see her again at Glasto clash dependent.

Totally off topic, but I thought I’d ask.

Is anyone here going clubbing on their own? That’s the only thing stopping me seeing loads of dj’s I love. My mates are into either d’n’b, old school or cheesy house, I’ve tried to drag them to my nights, but all I heard after literally an hour was ‘we going back home or what’ ? I’m not the most outgoing person, so clubbing solo scares me a bit. But then, I’m always pissed off about missing good nights. 

9 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Totally off topic, but I thought I’d ask.

Is anyone here going clubbing on their own? That’s the only thing stopping me seeing loads of dj’s I love. My mates are into either d’n’b, old school or cheesy house, I’ve tried to drag them to my nights, but all I heard after literally an hour was ‘we going back home or what’ ? I’m not the most outgoing person, so clubbing solo scares me a bit. But then, I’m always pissed off about missing good nights. 

i’ve started going out my own pal, it’s class tbf when you go to a good night if the nights a bit naff then it’s not great as you’ve got no mates to fall back on and just mess about with - you rely a lot more on the music, the sound system and the crowd

i find it really liberating you don’t have to worry about anyone else just yourself - you’re at a rave so if you want to talk to people you know they’ll always be brilliant oddballs to chat to or if you’re like me you and you’re not arsed about the social aspect then you can just plant yourself in front of the rig and dance all night

one tip i’ve learnt is arrive a bit later as the start of the night by yourself feels really awkward when it’s the early sets and the vibe isn’t settled and everyone’s just chatting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I mean I doubt I'll be there, but I hope they book Optimo. I saw them again at the weekend and they're absolutely brilliant. They'd be so good anywhere at Glastonbury 

I saw them at The White Hotel the other week it was brilliant. They tweeted afterwards about what a gig it was. Would love to see them at Glastonbury dunno if they’ve played before. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I saw them at The White Hotel the other week it was brilliant. They tweeted afterwards about what a gig it was. Would love to see them at Glastonbury dunno if they’ve played before. 

Videos of that looked bloody brilliant 

Aye they've definitely played before, Stonebridge Bar 2010 I'm sure. But not since then 

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I mean I doubt I'll be there, but I hope they book Optimo. I saw them again at the weekend and they're absolutely brilliant. They'd be so good anywhere at Glastonbury 

Less of that half-empty talk, Mez.

You have a community here many of whom will be gunning for you in April...

Ben
x

Who in the everloving fuck am I going to see the Saturday of Junction 2!?

My head says Maceo b2b Tale, my desire to see some absolute techy groovers says Loco (no Loco no party), but my heart says Amelie 

But then maybe I wanna be under the motorway for Beyer...or in the woods.....HELP

Edited by Zacko
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Who in the everloving fuck am I going to see the Saturday of Junction 2!?

My head says Maceo b2b Tale, my desire to see some absolute techy groovers says Loco (no Loco no party), but my heart says Amelie 

But then maybe I wanna be under the motorway for Beyer...or in the woods.....HELP

Same, brother...same. At the moment it goes Tale of Us, Hawtin, Lens but that could easily change. The Big G lineup will be out by then so that might shape my decision(s)

35 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Same, brother...same. At the moment it goes Tale of Us, Hawtin, Lens but that could easily change. The Big G lineup will be out by then so that might shape my decision(s)

Very good point - if I get Glasto tickets then hopefully I can see or two there! 

Off to Amsterdam in April for a stag and I'm hoping we can wrangle a proper night out at least one of the nights. Sods law that we're there the week before Awakenings though.

Edited by Zacko

On 2/18/2019 at 11:12 PM, Jay89 said:

off topic, but I thought I’d ask.

Really not sure how i made such A balls of posting here but that Friday is unreal! Id go for Ben to end.

Edited by TheBurns