Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And just to say, especially to @FuzzyDunlop - you lucky bugger - the Boomtown electronic line-up looks pretty bloody tasty.

Ben

It sure does! Techno fest on the sunday.

Amelie Lens, Dense & Pika... Enrico again!

Carl Cox, lots of old school.. some good psytrance. A blast of some of the very hard stuff too for a hour. Im chuffed with it.

28 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I caved straight after that announcement and got my ticket. Too good and varied a lineup to miss, really. 

So good! I'm going to be brandishing the lineup poster about tomorrow when I see some friends to get them to get some too. One of them is a nightmare for buying festival tickets when he's pissed so it shouldn't be too hard :lol:

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It is an amazing festival. Looking forward to my 2nd one this year.

Its not glastonbury, but there is a lot about it I prefer.

Yeh same. Was just chatting about this to one of my Glasto crew. He's never been to boomtown but says the lineup is way more aligned to his tastes. I feel the same and the venues look amazing....Glastonbury just has that magic about it I guess which makes it special

music at boom stops annoyingly early around 3-4ish and the sound system get a bit quiet later i found - not going this year wasn’t too impressed last year but the line up is actually pretty special so i’m slightly regretting my decision

anylne grab any houghton tickets today - got mine first time going couldn’t miss that 72hour music license for another year

39 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

music at boom stops annoyingly early around 3-4ish and the sound system get a bit quiet later i found - not going this year wasn’t too impressed last year but the line up is actually pretty special so i’m slightly regretting my decision

anylne grab any houghton tickets today - got mine first time going couldn’t miss that 72hour music license for another year

I'm guessing you didn't spend much time at Tribe of Frog, joe?

Best outdoor dance system I think I've ever heard. And it was LOUD!

Agree though that the volume on some of the stages was poor - Pagoda Plaza was pants, sound-wise...

Ben

10 minutes ago, dccool said:

So so tempted to get a boom ticket loving that line up.

Never been before and will more than likely be going solo but that doesn't bother me. Never done a festival solo before but actually thinking that kinda adds to the adventure.

Go for it! I love going solo, it's a totally different but still enjoyable experience. Not having to worry if everyone's having a good time or not, not having to scrape spangled friends off the floor, you can go see who you want, when you want, not needing to be at a certain meeting point, trying to communicate on a phone with a two-hour signal delay! ? 

Plus you'll make plenty of short-term dancing partners. 

5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I'm not really big into electronic/dance music so they Boomtown line up doesn't really jump out at me. No intention of going but any suggestions on decent acts of that genre would be appreciated 

Dance / electronic is too varied to pick an act or two. Gabber for example sounds nothing like deep house. Are there any electronic acts you like? Underworld? Prodigy? Chemicsl Brothers?

We can steer you in the right direction

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

24 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Go for it! I love going solo, it's a totally different but still enjoyable experience. Not having to worry if everyone's having a good time or not, not having to scrape spangled friends off the floor, you can go see who you want, when you want, not needing to be at a certain meeting point, trying to communicate on a phone with a two-hour signal delay! ? 

Plus you'll make plenty of short-term dancing partners. 

Thanks SC thanks pretty much encouraged me to do it 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Dance / electronic is too varied to pick an act or two. Gabber for example sounds nothing like deep house. Are there any electronic acts you like? Underworld? Prodigy? Chemicsl Brothers?

We can steer you in the right direction

Erm yeah pretty much all of those tbf. LCD Soundsystem as well I guess, enjoyed the Martinez Brothers when I've seen them. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm guessing you didn't spend much time at Tribe of Frog, joe?

Best outdoor dance system I think I've ever heard. And it was LOUD!

Agree though that the volume on some of the stages was poor - Pagoda Plaza was pants, sound-wise...

Ben

i’ll give you that mate tribe of frog area was outstanding - felt like the glade soundsystem but outdoors was surreal at times

just was a shame it was psytrance - i don’t mind some psytrance it can be amazing but i didn’t want to have that all weekend but the sound system forced me there

with some artists on this new line up i’d expect a massive improvement on most systems personally - for example i absolutely love ben ufo but if they stick him on a soft system there’s no point in going 

IMO of course, i’m very fussy on systems/music/crowd they all go hand in hand for me and boom lacks on a couple of those 

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

I'm not really big into electronic/dance music so they Boomtown line up doesn't really jump out at me. No intention of going but any suggestions on decent acts of that genre would be appreciated 

I'll be all over Boys Noize B2B Erol Alkan, Amelie Lens, My Nu Leng, DJ Rap, Brockie, Kenny Dope and that Legends of Moving Shadow promises to be amazing. A bit of everything for me across the weekend. SC likes to mix it up a bit. Chuck some old school hardcore in there at some point too and I'm good to go

• Upvote 1

anyone here pick up some houghton tickets today?

the non stop music license made it impossible to resist  hopefully will be a nice little glasto after party

hoping for ben ufo and the hessle audio crew to boss it - voigtman as well, pretty gutted i missed his set last year

Well...

Trap Door in Birmingham is a great little venue. It's a converted space under the railway arches in what was an old industrial part of the city and they've done a good job for a small, intimate venue. Dancefloor is laid wood and so a really nice surface to be on. Sound system was outstanding. Truly brilliant clarity and separation - you could pick out every little inflection and sound, creating one of the most immersive audio experiences I've had. The only 'issue' was that the place, as small as it is, was just a little undefiled - perhaps a (slightly sad) reflection of the lower profile of the DJs playing.

However, Arnaud Le Texier played one of the finest 90 minute sets I've ever heard. His selection and track sequencing was a masterclass, changing the mood and light and shade with skill to create a phenomenal journey. I just wish he'd had slightly more people to appreciate it.

Having enjoyed that as a single entity, it has reinforced my previous conviction that my favourite sets are 90-120 minutes long. That fits with my personality (and chosen area of work), as i need my attention continuously refreshed.

An absolutely blinding night. So good, in fact, that I'm considering not going out to a booked night in April, but 'saving' myself for the anticipation of 3-4 big nights at Glastonbury. Looking forward even more so now to the area drops...

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1