Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Ninety9 said:

Did you make it to Phu Quoc for the Epizode festival? Looking at the reviews and its very tempting to get there for NYE

We considered it originally for NYE but decided against it in the end due to price. The pal that showed us the second room in Savage went to Epizode and said it was absolutely incredible though, 6am Villalobos and Troxler sets on the beach etc.

He did mention parts of the crowd were a bit aggy due to it being very popular with Russian tourists (no visa needed for the island), but I have no idea if he just had one bad experience and assumed everyone was like that. 

Off to the festival in snowy mountains next weekend! Not Snowbombing sadly, but i’ll deffo get my annual d’n’b fix: Calyx & Teebee, Friction, Alix Perez, Wilkinson, with Catz ‘n’ Dogz and Booka Shade live thrown for equal measure! With Ghostface killaz headlining. Weirdest lineup I’ve seen for a while, but why not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Anyone else doing Massive Attack at the start of March? 

This popped up on the identification of music group earlier. Villalobos, AME, Cox etc have all dropped it in the past apparently, but I've never heard it before. Lovely. 

Christ, I would cry my eyes out in a club if I heard that

Absolutely love that remix of unfinished symphony.

Im not going to see them as I'm not convinved by the venue which is at the steel yard in Bristol. I know it's supposed to be a purpose built venue for this one off night but as it is a one off I can't see them throwing loads of money at it and making it something special.

Seen them a few times before, if I hadn't I'd probably be going and I know a few mates that are really looking forward to it.

Mezzanine is a great album and undoubtedly be a good experience to witness them play it in full.

Also that area in Filton is a bitch to get to and from so I'd expect mayhem once the gig empties out despite the bus transfers they have put on.

20 minutes ago, dccool said:

Absolutely love that remix of unfinished symphony.

Im not going to see them as I'm not convinved by the venue which is at the steel yard in Bristol. I know it's supposed to be a purpose built venue for this one off night but as it is a one off I can't see them throwing loads of money at it and making it something special.

Seen them a few times before, if I hadn't I'd probably be going and I know a few mates that are really looking forward to it.

Mezzanine is a great album and undoubtedly be a good experience to witness them play it in full.

Also that area in Filton is a bitch to get to and from so I'd expect mayhem once the gig empties out despite the bus transfers they have put on.

In an alternative universe Massive Attack are playing the shiny new arena down by Temple Meads :( 

On 1/28/2019 at 9:03 PM, Ninety9 said:

Did you make it to Phu Quoc for the Epizode festival? Looking at the reviews and its very tempting to get there for NYE

My housemate was there and had a blast, met and partied with a bunch of the DJ's too! Definitely considering it for next NY, not a bad location for a festival either...

On 1/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

Motion teasing something with Bicep, thought they weren’t touring till next year.

Dj set, of which they do have a few this year. They are probably going to throw an Unreleased Bicep in there. Also wouldn't surprise me if they still end with "Glue".

The lineup for Parklife can be found below:

2019 line up announced so far...

Cardi B
George Ezra
Solange
The Streets
Migos
Khalid
Disclosure presents
Major Lazer Soundsystem
Christine & the Queens
Eric Prydz
Nas
Chase & Status: Return II Jungle
Blossoms
Mark Ronson
Mura Masa
Kaytranada
Adam Beyer pres. Drumcode
Jungle
Loyle Carner
Marco Carola b2b Jamie Jones
Solomun
Pusha-T
Bicep present Feel My Bicep
Andy C
Annie Mac
MK presents Area10
AJ Tracey
Fredo
Stefflon Don
Octavian
Earl Sweatshirt
Yxng Bane
Slowthai
NAO
The Martinez Brothers Cuttin Headz All Day Long
Black Coffee
Joseph Capriati
Patrick Topping
Amelie Lens
Camelphat
Maceo Plex
Fisher
Ricardo Villalobos
Peggy Gou
Denis Sulta
Hunee
Mall Grab
Daniel Avery
Helena Hauff
Maribou State DJ set
Solardo 
Richy Ahmed
Skream
Alan Fitzpatrick
Maya Jane Coles
Kölsch
Moodymann
DJ Koze
George Fitzgerald
My Nu Leng
David Rodigan
sasasas
Yaeji
Ben UFO & Call Super
Gilles Peterson
Mr Eazi
Yousef
Little Simz
Sonny Fodera
Children of Zeus
Honey Dijon
Artwork
Kero Kero Bonito
Mella Dee
Krystal Klear
Jacob Banks
Lauv
JPEGMafia
Paul Woolford
Enzo Siragusa
Archie Hamilton
Ilario Alicante
Kabaka Pyramid
Joey Daniel b2b Leon
Luigi Madonna
Icarus (Live)
Mormor
Cautious Clay
Themba
Col3trane
Hammer
Suspect
Cristoph
Distruction Boyz
Just Banco
Danny Howard
Jamz Supernova
Crazy P Soundsystem
Marie Davidson (Live)
Prok | Fitch
Mason Maynard
Kettama
Prospa
De La Swing
Brockie b2b Randall
Channel One
Tiffany Calver
Easy Life
Rimon
Seani B
Sally C
Krysko
Cromby
Pirate Copy
Gina Breeze
Will Tramp
Greg Lord
Mason Collective
North Base
Nightlapse
James Organ
Olli Ryder & Luke Welsh
Zutekh DJs
Pete Zorba
Understate
Josh Baker
Nicola Bear
Now Wave DJs
Rich Reason

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That Parklife Festival lineup looks GOOD. Kind of gutted I jumped in an got a Saturday ticket for Junction 2 but I've made my bed so I'll sleep in it. Plus I've run out of days off, which I'd need on the Monday if I did the whole weekend. Parklife gets a nice balance of acts every year

Identical situation - Dunno why I've got a Field Day ticket for the Friday either. Shoulda just done both days of Parklife! 

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Identical situation - Dunno why I've got a Field Day ticket for the Friday either. Shoulda just done both days of Parklife! 

Sad thing is, I think Glastonbury's electronic lineup won't get anywhere near Parklife's (for my taste). I know that's not necessarily the point at the Big G but still...

I just wasn't a big fan of Parklife as a festival to be honest; I think it'd take Daft Punk to get me back. This is a personal opinion and nothing against anyone that likes it of course, just commenting to say a day at another festival isn't necessarily the worst thing. 

As class as the Parklife lineup is, couldn't pay me any money to go back. Went every year when I was at Uni (2012-2015) and the mix of difficulties getting there, horrible crowd and overzealous security make it a hard pass from me. Junction 2 much better vibes despite a lot of the same issues. 

9 minutes ago, HS94 said:

As class as the Parklife lineup is, couldn't pay me any money to go back. Went every year when I was at Uni (2012-2015) and the mix of difficulties getting there, horrible crowd and overzealous security make it a hard pass from me. Junction 2 much better vibes despite a lot of the same issues. 

What's issues does Junction 2 have? Never been before but I'm going this year

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sad thing is, I think Glastonbury's electronic lineup won't get anywhere near Parklife's (for my taste). I know that's not necessarily the point at the Big G but still...

No it won't, but it'll still be phenomenal and you have the immeasurable bonus of not actually having to go to Parklife.

;)

Ben