Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 1/17/2019 at 8:25 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

FB_IMG_1547745817073.jpg

Hi all, 

Been lurking around this post for a while, but first time posting on it!

Really sad to see Kolsch is booked for both nights at Awakening, hoping he can maybe squeeze on Thursday or Friday at G. Aside from that I'd love to see some Anjunadeep representation this year, went to their night at Printworks back in December and was blown away. Perhaps James and James, Yotto or Luttrell who has an album coming out next week I think..

1 hour ago, James_Glasto_LDn said:

Hi all, 

Been lurking around this post for a while, but first time posting on it!

Really sad to see Kolsch is booked for both nights at Awakening, hoping he can maybe squeeze on Thursday or Friday at G. Aside from that I'd love to see some Anjunadeep representation this year, went to their night at Printworks back in December and was blown away. Perhaps James and James, Yotto or Luttrell who has an album coming out next week I think..

Welcome to the thread, James

It's nice in here...

:)

Ben

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about a festival selling out on pre-sales. Also considering how Ticket swap is now full of re-sellers.

Guess I'm spoiled with how Glasto treats us. Just left with a sour taste in my mouth. Hm.

Edit: Does this usually happen? I'm almost inclined to believe someone messed up and that it was a mistake to sell all the passes in the pre-sale. That there was meant to be some saved for General Sale and it didn't happen. 

Edited by Acid Loafers
Added Comment.

17 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Not sure how I feel about a festival selling out on pre-sales. Also considering how Ticket swap is now full of re-sellers.

Guess I'm spoiled with how Glasto treats us. Just left with a sour taste in my mouth. Hm.

Edit: Does this usually happen? I'm almost inclined to believe someone messed up and that it was a mistake to sell all the passes in the pre-sale. That there was meant to be some saved for General Sale and it didn't happen. 

Yeah it’s fairly typical, they did the same last year, in fairness the pre-sale only involves signing up to the mailing list. It does become an issue though in the sense that tickets are e-tickets without names on so really easy to shift on the touting market, and they’re big sellers straight after the sale, usually go to face value as you get closer to the festival itself though. 

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Yeah it’s fairly typical, they did the same last year, in fairness the pre-sale only involves signing up to the mailing list. It does become an issue though in the sense that tickets are e-tickets without names on so really easy to shift on the touting market, and they’re big sellers straight after the sale, usually go to face value as you get closer to the festival itself though. 

Fair. My Dekmantel conspiracy theories were short lived. 

It does make sense. Give tickets to those most interested/those who signed up months ahead. Just feel like it's not clear that ALL the tickets are available in this window. General Sale seems a bit pointless at this stage. 

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Sounds like it’s getting mad popular. Maybe they should to a glasto style registration with photo id system.

Every event should be using a system like the ticket app Dice. 

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

bar about 5 acts, that's close to my idea of hell. I can only imagine the amount of shirtless LADZ with bumbags and the NOS canisters littering the approach.

e: Love Saves The Day i mean. AVA lineup looks good, although the crowd is basically all annoying teenagers.

Thats what I've heard, considering how close to glasto it is it might be a non runner anyway to get another weekend away from work, still some quality names that would be worth traversing a terrible crowd.

16 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

bar about 5 acts, that's close to my idea of hell. I can only imagine the amount of shirtless LADZ with bumbags and the NOS canisters littering the approach.

e: Love Saves The Day i mean. AVA lineup looks good, although the crowd is basically all annoying teenagers.

This, ghosty...with maybe only three in there for me.

With not one shred of offence to @Mouseboy11, and accepting that the world is a better place for all its diversity, that line-up is an abomination for me...!

Eek!

Ben

Don't think I could do a dance only festival any more. 

AVA Lineup is good but the Belfast crowd is a world away from the pretentious boiler room guff you normally see. Not necessarily in a good way either. 

Chems on Sunday night in 2015 was pretty special IMO to keep with the thread theme

23 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Have any of you been to Lost Village? The line up really is good and I am tempted. Though I'd favour Houghton for the non-stop music. 

I've been twice. It's probably the best UK festival I've been to (haven't been to Glasto yet - this year is the first time I've managed to get tickets). Campsite is great, stages are all brilliant, line up is always very good (imo) and in my experience there is very good atmosphere and crowd. I loved it both times.

Been thinking I'll maybe give Houghton a go this year as it's meant to be fantastic as well, but if you haven't been to LV then I recommend it.

21 minutes ago, Col!n said:

I've been twice. It's probably the best UK festival I've been to (haven't been to Glasto yet - this year is the first time I've managed to get tickets). Campsite is great, stages are all brilliant, line up is always very good (imo) and in my experience there is very good atmosphere and crowd. I loved it both times.

Been thinking I'll maybe give Houghton a go this year as it's meant to be fantastic as well, but if you haven't been to LV then I recommend it.

Thank you. Definitely considering it, I think I'd be completely sold if it had a later licence. Is it 1 it finishes? 

I’m absolutely pissed off with Awakenings line up. Probably around 90% of acts (that I know of) that I was hoping to see on my first ever Glastonbury. It’s actually making me sick, no joke.

What are the chances some of them will make an appearance at Glastonbury? Next to none I guess?

5 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

I’m absolutely pissed off with Awakenings line up. Probably around 90% of acts (that I know of) that I was hoping to see on my first ever Glastonbury. It’s actually making me sick, no joke.

What are the chances some of them will make an appearance at Glastonbury? Next to none I guess?

Next to none yeah. But there will be absolutely loads of good stuff at Glasto, fear not. 

• Upvote 1