Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 1/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not really. Anyone playing Saturday at awakenings can probably be discounted.

Awakenings finishes at 11pm each night so there's no reason why someone playing on Saturday couldn't do Thursday, Friday or Sunday at Glastonbury. If you look at past timetables they have ridiculous names on at 3/4pm so some could even do both in the same day. The bigger issue is those who are playing both days (Adam Beyer, Maceo Plex, Amelie Lens, Joseph Capriati etc) as they'll likely stay in Amsterdam all weekend. Doesn't rule them out of Thurs or Fri though.

Went to Awakefest in 2011 and it's mental. If you're into techno there's not many others that do it better - line up, sound, production and atmosphere were all spot on. Hoping to go to the Saturday this time, although the Sunday line up is probably better for my tastes but I have to be back for work on Monday morning.

52 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Opinions on Pickle Factory please, answers in the box below or on a postcard. 

It's alright. Intimate small 1 roomed venue. Only been once.

Remember seeing Discodromo there and felt like I had spoken to most people that wanted to have a chat by the end of the night. Half were there for the gay disco/techno gods and the other half just looking for a night out to dance till late. Music quality was pretty good as far as I can remember. 

You can get some interesting characters there, but that's just the area in itself. Bethnal Green/East London.

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Decent. Expensive beers (only wee 330ml cans). Speakers at the front and back (unlike its big brother Oval Space) so the sound is pretty decent. Smoking area is small but alright. 

35 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Dekmantel Line-up releasing in a very staggered way on Instagram right now.

https://www.instagram.com/dkmntl/

Has anybody been? Think I might go. 

I’m going this year. It’s a great festival. Good size because it isn’t very big but it’s well organised so there’s isn’t any real sound bleed or mad rush, makes for a great atmosphere.

Place it’s in is genuinely beautiful too, each stage  has it’s character and identity. Line ups are always solid, always something good going on at night in Amsterdam too. Guaranteed good weather which is always nice. Only negative is doing gear which requires going the toilets because the security are well on it. 

13 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Enjoyed a night there with the Mrs for Secretsundaze. Not experienced with London clubs but the crowd were friendly, the sound system was good, only small & didn’t notice anyway grafting. Lots had come from a day session somewhere and were flying! Guess outside was a bit dodgy, lads selling balloons and shifting around between the bigger club up the street- didn’t bother us.

23 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Probably my favourite club in London, low ceilings, minimal lights, good soundsystem, given the small size it tends to get people in there for the right reasons (who's playing rather than instagram potential), had a long chat with John Talabot after his all nighter in there in 2017.

2 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Anyone who is thinking about going to Dekmantel, be aware that it sells out in minutes usually, so be ready and prepared as if it were a Glastonbury ticket day (it's not quite as brutal as that, but they sell very very quickly)

Yeah, this. There was a couple of my group last year didnt manage to get Fri-Sun tickets and had to stump up for Thurs-Sun, they're generally easier to get.

3 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Anyone seen dj Haus? My mate acquired tickets for his all night long set and tbh, I had to google him. His boiler room set was quite alright thought.

I like him. He's got a few decent mixes on Spotify called Dj Haus enters the unknown. he's the guy behind the unknown to unknown record label if you're familiar with it.

4 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

I like him. He's got a few decent mixes on Spotify called Dj Haus enters the unknown. he's the guy behind the unknown to unknown record label if you're familiar with it.

Yeah, was surprised seeing Legowelt on his label. Might be a good night, for a tenner as well, so no skin off my nose :)