Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, I saw that. It's not an unusual combination tbh, Goof has been on similar undercards at Amnesia in Ibiza this summer. I'm thinking about going myself

I must be getting old and judgmental then, cause I thought Goof’s wonky bass ridden music would appeal to totally different audience. In my head he’s on par with James Hype and co that I can’t stomach. My bad tho! 

Edited by Jay89

1 minute ago, Jay89 said:

I must be getting old and judgmental then, cause I thought Goof’s wonky bass ridden music would appeal to totally different audience. My bad tho! 

I'm just kidding myself and pretending I'm not getting old tbh, pushing 42 and listening to bass music, I really should grow up.

But not today.

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm just kidding myself and pretending I'm not getting old tbh, pushing 42 and listening to bass music, I really should grow up.

But not today.

Nothings wrong with bass music, I’m guilty myself, but for me brands like Holy Goof and FooR are more about show than music. But that’s my opinion and I’m sure there’s market for it too.

9 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Anyone heard of this? Confusing line up for opening tbh. Holy Goof next to Andy C and Dimension ?

BE762BB9-7055-4095-9BDF-3B0CDE43BCF2.png

Venue is the old Splott Warehouse venue which has been taken over by Live nation. Capacity is apparently 10k, but it's not got much of a late night licence apparently.

17 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Printworks last night was absolutely insane, Blawan played one of my favourite sets of the year. 

This. Went there for the 1st time yesterday - that place is immense. Blawan was a highlight - hope he's at glastonbury!!

2 hours ago, Ninety9 said:

Hey all, long time lurker - this is the only way I can keep in the loop of all that is happening in the electronic world.

What are people's opinion on E1 London as a venue? Thinking of going to the Running Back event in Feb

I went there before it had it's refit and was still called Studio Spaces, was a really good venue actually, low ceilings, dark and sweaty, which is all you want from a club I guess?

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, Madyaker said:

I have to get to boomtown

it was awesome last year

was going to go again if I didn't get Glastonbury tickets

the stages there do piss on most of the stages at Glastonbury, with the exception Arcadia and block 9 

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Caught Orbital in Bristol last night and they were sensational. Great show and the new material fitted in seamlessly.

First time I've been sober enough to remember their set ?

I went to Hammersmith on Saturday, was ace! Hoping for them at Glastonbury as it's their 30th anniversary year!

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

it was awesome last year

was going to go again if I didn't get Glastonbury tickets

the stages there do piss on most of the stages at Glastonbury, with the exception Arcadia and block 9 

Hmmmm...I'm kind of not sure about that, shuttle. I think it's a bit of yes and no.

Bang Hai - great sound quality, too damn quiet. The atmosphere gets lost in a field that big. Visuals are great. The fact the 98% of the stuff played there is shit for me is irrelevant!

Sector 6 - yeah, pretty damn good

PsyForest - again great clarity, but turn the bugger UP!

Tribe of Frog - quite frankly the best sound I've heard in an outdoor dance rig. Volume superb, clarity off the scale

Pagoda Plaza - utter shite. Made a few sets there that I wanted to see almost a waste of time. I even bailed at one point and climbed there steps to Tribe of Frog to get back to that beautiful sound!

ScapYard - yeah, very good

Robotika - reasonable. Not stellar

And what about The Glade?

Don't get me wrong, dance at BT is superb, and their attention to detail is wonderful. But sound wasn't universally great!

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1