Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

11 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

@bennyhana22 No offense taken, I was just mentioning that he was at R&L.

@Zacko See you there! It's gonna be my first time at Printworks too. I'm hoping that the fact that it goes on till 2 it'll be a better show but haven't got my hopes up too much... I've heard that 2017 Printworks had pretty bad sound but they fixed up some issues with it this season. Wait and see I guess.

Absolutely - and worse case scenario the light shows look unbelievable, so I think we'll at least be in for a treat in that regard!

I've got a pub crawl the next day though, RIP me. 

I'm at Printworks on Friday too, the sound was pretty good a few weeks back, not sure if there was any difference between then and in March when I went prior to the split between LWE and Printworks. It's a cracking venue either way, sound is good, lights are good and there's rarely any sort of bar queue (just never go to the bar as you walk in, because it's always rammed, probably because it sells pints)

Sulta is guff, music for creatine lads with short shorts and bumbags.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:14 AM, bennyhana22 said:

So, team, it seems I might have just managed to create a family holiday that gets me (and Children 1-3...) to DIMENSIONS in Croatia next year, for at least one, and hopefully two nights! Yes!

Anyone been? Any reviews? This year’s line up was absolutely amazing, so hoping for a similar picture next year, with some luck as to which nights people are on...

So, who’s been to Dimensions (or have mates who have)?

Ben

Hi Ben!

I've enjoyed following this group for a bit so thought I should chirp up and get involved :) I went in 2017 and it was fantastic. If it wasn't for the fact its a very expensive week with flights and everything, I would make it a yearly trip! Some of the stages (Moat, Mungo's Arena, the Ballroom) are such great surreal places to party. I saw Ben UFO post on his instagram story a while back saying the Moat was the best festival stage in the world...

As Secret Ingredient and Col!n said, the undercover police is a bit of a pain, my friend got caught and had to pay a fine (can't remember the amount), though he did manage to pay the fine and get back to the rest of us within hour, before we had even moved on, so at least it was efficient... As long as you are aware and discrete I don't think it is too much of a problem

The lineups always feel really broad and well thought out, was great to see people like Cymande, Kamaal Williams, Khruangbin, Ata Kak all live earlier on and then gradually move on to some heavier stuff. Based on your love of techno I think you will fall in love with the Moat, SUCH a good stage and is generally reserved for the "proper techno"

It's also really cool how they are promoting up and coming DJs through the "DJ Directory" and giving them prominent slots. Feels like the people running it have good intentions and this "get down early" series of nights they are putting on in the UK at the moment where established acts like Legowelt are warming up for the lesser known acts is fantastic in my opinion.

In summary definitely go! The crowd was nice and reasonably laid back, and there was always room to dance the year I went, no issues with overcrowding which is my biggest mood killer! 

P.S. Shout out to Billy Nasty playing Radiohead - Idioteque as the final song of the set/night when he played

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This field day revamping just screams sound issues 

Field Day have a habit of being very poor to start with, took several years for Victoria Park to work, and Brockwell was fairly shite. I hope that (apparently) having the guys behind Printworks involved will be a good thing, looks like it’s a good distance from any built up areas so they could very well pull it out of the bag. I will no doubt go, but I’m expecting some fairly significant teething problems sadly. 

Hi all!

Was wondering if any of you would be able to help us out with a query regarding Sonar festival. Been to Dekmantel the last 3 editions and deciding to take a break and give Sonar a bash for the first time.

Seeing as OffWeek will be running alongside Sonar proper we were going to hold off for a lineup announcement before deciding whether to buy a weekend or single night tickets. However, my friend’s alerted me that Somar are selling 1000 weekend sonar by night tickets on Friday for 89 Euros instead of 135.

Was just wondering if any of you had been in recent years and would be able to tell us how much single night tickets for the festival costed roughly? Trying to weigh up whether we’re as wel biting the bullet and going for the deal if it’s not much more expensive than the single tickets 

Cheers!

8 hours ago, YeOldeBassClef said:

Hi all!

Was wondering if any of you would be able to help us out with a query regarding Sonar festival. Been to Dekmantel the last 3 editions and deciding to take a break and give Sonar a bash for the first time.

Seeing as OffWeek will be running alongside Sonar proper we were going to hold off for a lineup announcement before deciding whether to buy a weekend or single night tickets. However, my friend’s alerted me that Somar are selling 1000 weekend sonar by night tickets on Friday for 89 Euros instead of 135.

Was just wondering if any of you had been in recent years and would be able to tell us how much single night tickets for the festival costed roughly? Trying to weigh up whether we’re as wel biting the bullet and going for the deal if it’s not much more expensive than the single tickets 

Cheers!

I think the individual night tickets end up being in the region of €60/70 each from memory. I went to Sonar a few years back, it’s a really great festival, would thoroughly recommend it - great sound systems, amazing vibe and always a stacked line up (and relaxed security...) we got tickets for some Off Sonar parties but never bothered with it, I would certainly say to avoid missing any Sonar time for an Off Party, from our experience all of the dickheads we met in Barcelona were there strictly for the Off Parties. 

17 hours ago, YeOldeBassClef said:

Hi all!

Cheers!

Hi 

I went to off week last year, and went to Sonar for the Saturday night. My single ticket for Sonar was 83 euro, but I did buy it late in the day. 

The off parties are class, they vary from 25 euro to 50 euro depending on when you buy your ticket. Innervisions off was unreal, they took over the whole of Poble Espanyol which is 3 stages in a class outdoor setting. Some of them are absolutely massive, like the ones at Parc Del Forum, it's like watch DJs on the other stage, a bit strange really. 

Sonar is brilliant, that kinda speaks for itself though. 

Bicep at Printworks Friday.

Fuck me. THAT'S A SHOW. 

Loved every second of that, from start to finish. Beautiful visual and auditory experience, that just kept on giving. So much fun. I'm going to find it hard to find a better live show experience than that. Might be the combo of venue plus show, but that was near perfect for me. Even the crowd where we were was decent, few times felt a bit crushed, people trying to get closer forward, but we just let them be, took a few steps back so we had enough space for ourselves to enjoy it. No need to be packed like sardines.

Few little notes that might be interesting. For anyone that has been to Printworks before (was my first time) they used a different room. The room that they usually use for the shows that's more narrow with balconies on each side was used for the bar + seating and the one that's usually got a bar was used for the show. Helped make the crowd not feel too cramped and was probably a necessity for the screens Bicep had for visuals.

There were a few cameras about filming the show. Overheard a little birdie talking about it being Bicep's first recorded show and maybe RA was planning something...

Jamie XX was in the crowd, saw him heading into the VIP/upstairs area, he tried getting some of his lady friends to come with him but the bouncer only let him and another girl through. Felt weird seeing him up close haha.

If you ever have the chance and even slightly like their music, give it a shot. They've done a great job, felt like it was worth much more than £30. Hope everyone else that went enjoyed it. As you can tell, I did. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2018 at 11:38 PM, Upside down frowner said:

Listened to Brandon Block and Slipmatt with my 4 month old at Raver Tots in Manchester this afternoon...it was better than some adult raves I’ve attended ?

There's a thing called Raver Tots!?!? That's amazing! Is it a stupid question to ask how that goes down?

Edit: Googled. That does actually look awesome!

Edited by Sasperella

31 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

We are taking some kids to similar "Big fish, little fish"

Its a Hacienda special.

Yes some people from our way told me about ‘Big fish, little fish’ at Bird Cage Manchester. Said it was good, wall where kids do artwork on and it’s close to Victoria if you arrive in the train. 

Next Raver Tots is NYE at Gorilla, we only have El Row at WHP booked over Christmas/NY so might go again

56 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Saw Objekt in Dublin this weekend. Go and see that man as soon as you can. Hoping he makes a non WHP appearance in Manchester soon. 

I’m seeing Objekt and, possibly even more excitingly, Jane Fitz with a confirmed 3-hour set in Birmingham a week on Friday!!!

Can. Not. Wait. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I’m seeing Objekt and, possibly even more excitingly, Jane Fitz with a confirmed 3-hour set in Birmingham a week on Friday!!!

Can. Not. Wait. 

Ben

Didn’t want it to end, saw him and Call Super together in Manchester few months back was good but this time was unreal. 

Could see him on Genoysys stage.