Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Does anyone remember where Chase and Status played in 2013?

I'm pretty sure they haven't played since then as I've never seen them at Glastonbury. I've convinced myself they will 100% be there this time, but wondering if it would be an Arcadia/SE Corner type deal than any of the other stages.... I'm not fussy though :)

They headlined the Other Stage up against the Rolling Stones then did a back-to-back with Skrillex on Arcadia, which was banging. 

They also did a secret DJ set at the Blues stage in 2014.

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They headlined the Other Stage up against the Rolling Stones then did a back-to-back with Skrillex on Arcadia, which was banging. 

They also did a secret DJ set at the Blues stage in 2014.

I quite like the Blues so would happily take any of those :) Would also happily miss any of the three rumoured headliners for them too

Not sure what I would have done with the Stones v C&S clash. I always assumed I would have done the Stones, but I know a couple of people who said they tried the Stones, couldn't get anywhere close, so sacked it off for the latter and had a banging old time. 

28 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Chase and Status are utter dogshit.

But they do seem to have thrown themselves pretty sincerely into proper, old skool junglism at the moment, so they're probably our best shot of hearing a decent jungle set in a relatively prominent slot next festival.

And for that reason, I'm in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Awwww :(

Hope you rally, matey

Ben

Cheers dude! It's a friends wedding anniversary celebrations in Brighton and they have managed to procure a load of free tickets, I will no doubt get myself down and there and then medicate with booze until I feel I good to go out. Just have to spend Sunday eating ice cream and wishing death upon myself. The things we do for our mates eh?!

• Upvote 1

I’ve dipped my toe into the waters in this thread some time ago and I thought I’d make my return just to post some “proper” music. It is techno so anyone averse please avert your ears. Anyway, in no particular order;

Bit of Hardfloor there ladies and gents remixed by one of my favourite DJ’s

This one was a favourite “end of night” tune at a club called VOODOO that we used to go in Liverpool, mid-late 90’s. Best nights of my life.

Lovely bit of repetitive noise here from Kenny Larkin.

Last but by no means least. This is one of my favourite ever techno tracks. Pure melodic noise from Mick Harris (Of Napalm Death fame bizarrely) 

Anyway, if you’re an old bastard and like your techno, give these a listen. Love, peace and tunes.... 

Edit: @bennyhana22 these are for you I suppose*

*other techno lovers are available.

Edited by Northern Soul
See above!
  • Upvote 1

On 11/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, stocky3000 said:

I could certainly see them taking there RTRN II Jungle outfit to takeover a stage in the SE Corner

Agreed. Would love to see them curating something somewhere. The lineup for Printworks was insane! Wonder if they'll be doing any live shows for the new album.

Ooooooof. This takes me back. 

Its difficult I find, when you tell someone you’re into “techno” they have so many pre conceived ideas as to what techno is but don’t actually have a clue. Then again, a lot of people who think they like techno don’t know what it is either. Ha ha ha, this, to me, is techno. Mid-late 90’s techno, but then again I’m the wrong side of 40??

Edited by Northern Soul

On 11/11/2018 at 7:13 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Amelie Lens was nails in liverpool on friday. 

Loved the club too.... but I felt like a grandad. Everyone was 25 or under.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:48 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

2 hours. Thats the first time Id seen her & she was as good as I hoped. Rebekah who was afterwards wasn't great. It was just hard, no variety in it really. 

What club in town where these peeps on please Fuzzy? I’ve not been a techno night there in an AGE. The last one I went was Dave Clarke at the Williamson Tunnels. A 303 night.