Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi zahid

You're no doubt already aware, but tread carefully if you're anywhere near this topic on DiS.

I got roasted, and I wasn't in anyway failing to see the victim's voice as front and centre in this situation...

Eek.

Ben

Doing a good job of leaving it alone hmm

26 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I appreciate that this thread leans towards 100-130bpm but this Saturday it's Chase & Status, Congo Natty, Hype, Dillinja and Brockie at Manchester Academy for me

All welcome in here, @Supernintendo Chalmers

And I see it's sold out, so it'll be nicely rammed!

Have a great Saturday night.

Ben

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I am still reeling from just how good Jon Hopkins was at Brixton on Friday - will be at the farm for him again - no doubts!

Did you manage to see KLO, @stocky3000?

And if yes, was she good?

Mate of mine was there too and said that JH was incredible, though slightly tainted by a massive arsehole behind him who insisted on talking throughout about how much he had drunk/was going to drink...

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Did you manage to see KLO, @stocky3000?

And if yes, was she good?

Mate of mine was there too and said that JH was incredible, though slightly tainted by a massive arsehole behind him who insisted on talking throughout about how much he had drunk/was going to drink...

Ben

Hiya Bennie,

Was there on the Friday too .... KLO was good, but suffered from that age-old support problem of shite sound. She certainly puts the effort in and would be worth seeing at a decent venue (Village Underground on the 15th - London types - unfortunately can't go myself). A spot on The Glade would be good.

I don't need to tell you how good JH was and the sound was teeth-rattlingly excellent. He even had dancing (twirling?) girls. (If I'm being fussy could've been a bit longer than the 1 hour 15mins - why not go all the way up to curfew time?).

Billy

JH at Brixton.jpg

7 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Hiya Bennie,

Was there on the Friday too .... KLO was good, but suffered from that age-old support problem of shite sound. She certainly puts the effort in and would be worth seeing at a decent venue (Village Underground on the 15th - London types - unfortunately can't go myself). A spot on The Glade would be good.

I don't need to tell you how good JH was and the sound was teeth-rattlingly excellent. He even had dancing (twirling?) girls. (If I'm being fussy could've been a bit longer than the 1 hour 15mins - why not go all the way up to curfew time?).

Billy

JH at Brixton.jpg

Oooof. 75 minutes is a bit stingey...

Why oh why do support acts get such shitty sound set ups? Just so insulting! KLO on Glade coming at me from four corners? That'll do, Donkey.

Glad JH was the biz, Billy

Ben

Edit - my mate and I are still trying to work out why I didn't jump on a JH ticket with him...

Edited by bennyhana22

Just now, Titters said:

Seems eFests were well represented at Brixton on Friday. 

The sound difference between KLO (and Haai) and JH was enormous. But she still played a solid set. 

HAAi (come on @Titters - if you're gonna play on here with the big boys, get your DJ name affectations correct, for Christ's sake...) seems to be the DJ du jour at the moment.

;)

Ben

Berlin is on another level. Didn't get into Berghain, and the scene city-wide is incredibly pretentious, but it works as that's the best clubbing weekend I've had by far. Went to ://about blank on Friday and lost my mind. Pure euphoria for hours. Drugs were forgotten about and it was like being in a trance. Then Zur Wilden Renate on Saturday, which wasn't as good as blank but was still incredible. Is there a UK club anything like what Berlin has? Even just having gardens within the club grounds is great. It can make for a nice change of pace.

Had anybody tried FOLD in London yet? Last I heard they were going for the Berlin vibe. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, OffshoreToon said:

Berlin is on another level. Didn't get into Berghain, and the scene city-wide is incredibly pretentious, but it works as that's the best clubbing weekend I've had by far. Went to ://about blank on Friday and lost my mind. Pure euphoria for hours. Drugs were forgotten about and it was like being in a trance. Then Zur Wilden Renate on Saturday, which wasn't as good as blank but was still incredible. Is there a UK club anything like what Berlin has? Even just having gardens within the club grounds is great. It can make for a nice change of pace.

Had anybody tried FOLD in London yet? Last I heard they were going for the Berlin vibe. 

Who did you see at ://about blank, @OffshoreToon?

Whenever I’ve read stuff about Berlin, it always seems to be one of the less uppity clubs there, and the line-ups seem phenomenal (though I guess they are at many places in that town).

I just have a fundemental issue with any club that kind of makes me feel GRATEFUL for being determine acceptable enough for them to do kindly let me in. But I probably don’t know what on earth I’m talking about and would likely sell a testicle if in the Berghain queue and that was the condition of entry!!!

Ben

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Who did you see at ://about blank, @OffshoreToon?

Whenever I’ve read stuff about Berlin, it always seems to be one of the less uppity clubs there, and the line-ups seem phenomenal (though I guess they are at many places in that town).

I just have a fundemental issue with any club that kind of makes me feel GRATEFUL for being determine acceptable enough for them to do kindly let me in. But I probably don’t know what on earth I’m talking about and would likely sell a testicle if in the Berghain queue and that was the condition of entry!!!

Ben

Well, I know I saw A Guy Called Gerald, who, one moment aside, was lacklustre and looked like he didn't really want to be there, sadly. As for the guys who blew my mind, I'm not entirely sure, so I'll have to dig through the line up to try and figure it out.

I get why Berghain do it, so I'm not angry. You have to preserve the atmosphere that makes it special and I know a lot of people that have tried to get in that don't care for techno. Upon turning up it was a bit obvious that we didn't fit the mould, so for next time I'll have a face tattoo, green hair and a bondage outfit. In all seriousness, without guestlist there won't be a next time. My mate knows a guy that does lighting there, but apparently the guestlist was full by the time he asked. 

Given the array of amazing clubs, I'll be back next summer. 

i was also a "not tonight" a few weeks back end of September. I have been in twice before too. Never mind, its their club and as you said I can see why they do it.

My friend who lives out there doesnt really go without guestlist and I can see why. Fortunately for him he has lots of contacts but without there is always a reasonable chance you wont get the answer you want.