Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Anyone ever seen Alkalino?

Jumping at the opportunity to catch him in a new-ish little club here in NY this weekend. Never knew about him until hearing Palms Trax play this rework by him during the summer which turned into a bit of a summer anthem for us.

Then the next night is this beast. Open to any reco's on this lineup as admittedly only really privy to the top names listed, 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1151993

On 10/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, TheBurns said:

I saw daphni during the summer and he was incredible, he had everyone there in the palm of his hands.

he was by far the best at WHP on saturday. mind you literally everyone one else was heads down techno almost and a bit of vibey african shit was exactly what was required!

What i saw of Skee mask was actually pretty decent, was fun and had some flair. Blawan was fine, he does what he does.

Avery continues to be dull and boring. Come at me.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:02 AM, Divein said:

Did he mention how busy it was?

YES were giving out free tickets when you brought a Daniel Avery themed cocktail on Friday and Saturday.

Edit: Actually, I dont see why a 70% full WHP would be a bad thing.

the lack of it being full did make it better. It was still busy but we actually had dancing room near the front for daphni which in room 1 of WHP at  00:00-01:30 time is ridiculous to be honest. it was that bit easier to move around and between rooms which i did appreciate. 

For anyone going to Underworld at WHP they've just announced the support:

Dense & Pika

Space Dimension Controller

Lone

Krysko

Happy with the first two for sure although I'm not sure what the setup is, maybe it's just the main room that night?

Edit: also it seems like a few more tickets have gone on sale.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

18 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For anyone going to Underworld at WHP they've just announced the support:

Dense & Pika

Space Dimension Controller

Lone

Krysko

Happy with the first two for sure although I'm not sure what the setup is, maybe it's just the main room that night?

Edit: also it seems like a few more tickets have gone on sale.

They'll probably still sell to full capacity and then some. 

Which means it'll be a horrendous as per. They were really good at Glastonbury and I entertained the idea about going as I think it would be a pretty special gig but I just cant bring myself to go back in there.

Just now, Divein said:

They'll probably still sell to full capacity and then some. 

Which means it'll be a horrendous as per. They were really good at Glastonbury and I entertained the idea about going as I think it would be a pretty special gig but I just cant bring myself to go back in there.

Yeah, I'm a bit dubious of how it's gonna be in there. Can't imagine there being any more than 2 areas open. The main room is a good space but it's not the biggest and a strange shape. Victoria Warehouse would have been better but then I preferred it when WHP was there anyway. We'll see...

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, I'm a bit dubious of how it's gonna be in there. Can't imagine there being any more than 2 areas open. The main room is a good space but it's not the biggest and a strange shape. Victoria Warehouse would have been better but then I preferred it when WHP was there anyway. We'll see...

I've been to at least 3 WHP where there was a big headliner, LCD, New Order and Skepta and JME and it's been rammed in the main room for all 3 although we managed to get a decent spot for NO near the front and it was a lot better. I think if you tend to get close to the front  and avoid the side entrance bits its a bit better.

They should sell to room 1 capacity because even if there's a 2 rooms whos going to be in the second room when the headliner is on?

There's rumors of them moving to wherever the they have the MIF stuff (where Bicep was I think) but people have said that will be even worse.  Victoria Warehouse is a good venue but it's just that one way system that I cant stand.

I’d love to see Jon Hopkins, Arcadia preferably!

Icarus

Adam Beyer

Tiga

Kolsch

Dominik Eulberg

Black Coffee

Honey Dijon

And for afters, when you’re absolutely spangled, Vandal on Arcadia would be absolutely beautiful. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I remember one year at Boomtown when he played Arcadia I totally lost my marbles and I’m still looking for some of them ?

• Like 1

Lots my best Glasto moments have been at the Glade.  Best crowd, brilliant mix of DJs and live sets. Some highlights - freestylers, Carl Cox Davos, Stereo MCs, Way Out West although didn’t love Sasha and Digweed to be fair. 

On 10/22/2018 at 4:22 PM, fred quimby said:

Meant to have seen Hookworms the other week but had to pull out as had to pick up Daughter and Mrs Q was working that night. Not with Blanck Mass who I shall now check out.

Did just peek at Hookworms tour and I see they are now playing Bristol in January so second bite of the cherry

I wouldn't be counting on hookworms touring anymore

8 hours ago, Divein said:

Hookworms have split up. 

And MJ has now issued a denial....

EDIT - ....that was about as poorly judged as you can imagine...

It’s all very ugly and horrible. There is a LOT of anger on the interweb about this. As someone who got innocently burned on this yesterday, my advice is to steer clear of such discussions...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

And MJ has now issued a denial....

EDIT - ....that was about as poorly judged as you can imagine...

It’s all very ugly and horrible. There is a LOT of anger on the interweb about this. As someone who got innocently burned on this yesterday, my advice is to steer clear of such discussions...

Ben

Yup, it's a terrible statement.

'I wrote to her admitting that I abused her because she asked me to as part of her therapy. It's all a lie she asked me to perpetuate

It sounds like the abuse allegations are true tbh.  And a psychotic way to get out of responsibility.

Edited by zahidf

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup, it's a terrible statement.

'I wrote to her admitting that I abused her because she asked me to as part of her therapy. It's all a lie she asked me to perpetuate

It sounds like the abuse allegations are true tbh.  And a psychotic way to get out of responsibility.

Hi zahid

You're no doubt already aware, but tread carefully if you're anywhere near this topic on DiS.

I got roasted, and I wasn't in anyway failing to see the victim's voice as front and centre in this situation...

Eek.

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi zahid

You're no doubt already aware, but tread carefully if you're anywhere near this topic on DiS.

I got roasted, and I wasn't in anyway failing to see the victim's voice as front and centre in this situation...

Eek.

Ben

I don't really post on dis anymore but I'll keep away from the topic on there!