Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Gotta agree, once it hits about 3am and you're just just on that vibe, there's not much else better in the world really is there? 

Next weekend we've got Knee Deep in Sound on the Saturday followed by FitzGerald live on the Sunday - Ready to weep during Roll Back.

Also keeping an eye out for any resale tickets for Jeff Mills, Dettmann and Blawan at Printworks in December. Jeff blew my fucking mind to pieces in Motion last year, that man and his 909 are just something else.

https://soundcloud.com/avidmuzikfan/rebekah-b2b-paula-temple-live-ade-awakenings-2018

This is a banging set.

Pretty much.  I've had the best success with getting into Berghain trying from 6am onwards.

Berghain is like going on a weird safari.  It's an assault on every sense and is everything thats weird and wonderful about Berlin.

The soundsystem is something else, never felt anything like it.

Enjoy, my dude!  Hope it's a good one!

Cheers, bud. That sounds amazing. I'll be gutted if I don't get in, though I should have had my fix by the time we attempt it anyway.

19 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Best rolling straight over from Saturday night go get your stamp Sunday AM then stay for a bit/get your head down. That said they didn’t let me in last time I went ?

Yeah, that's the plan. After a heavy Friday night extending long into the AM, I expect to have all the energy in the world from waking up at 9PM to carry on in Berghain well into Sunday afternoon. Or even if not, I love the idea of waking up at 8AM and heading to the rave. 

17 hours ago, Skoo said:

If you don’t manage to get in, watergate is a lot easier to get into and is also amazing. Chalet is decent too and relatively easy to get in  

Thanks, will keep those in mind.On Friday,  I've seen A Guy Called Gerald is playing ://about blank and I like the look of it there so will probably give that a shot. Then Regal is playing Griessmuehle so can head there for afters. Tresor on Saturday looks pretty good too, but I'm not sure if I should have worries about getting in there or not.

Watergate looks like a cool club, but does it have that dark, industrial feel to it? It looks a bit too nice. I've just given the Saturday night headliner a listen and it seems a bit too lighthearted for what I'm looking for. If I don't come back with two broken ankles I've failed.

Edited by OffshoreToon

48 minutes ago, OffshoreToon said:

https://soundcloud.com/avidmuzikfan/rebekah-b2b-paula-temple-live-ade-awakenings-2018

This is a banging set.

Cheers, bud. That sounds amazing. I'll be gutted if I don't get in, though I should have had my fix by the time we attempt it anyway.

Yeah, that's the plan. After a heavy Friday night extending long into the AM, I expect to have all the energy in the world from waking up at 9PM to carry on in Berghain well into Sunday afternoon. Or even if not, I love the idea of waking up at 8AM and heading to the rave. 

Thanks, will keep those in mind.On Friday,  I've seen A Guy Called Gerald is playing ://about blank and I like the look of it there so will probably give that a shot. Then Regal is playing Griessmuehle so can head there for afters. Tresor on Saturday looks pretty good too, but I'm not sure if I should have worries about getting in there or not.

Watergate looks like a cool club, but does it have that dark, industrial feel to it? It looks a bit too nice. I've just given the Saturday night headliner a listen and it seems a bit too lighthearted for what I'm looking for. If I don't come back with two broken ankles I've failed.

Ah no Watergate is more like a normal club tbh, as you say it’s quite “nice”. Mentioned it because if you’re traipsing around not getting into places it’s a safe bet. 

Your lineup for Berlin looks really decent, will you find time for a bit of day time sight seeing too?

17 hours ago, Quark said:

Mate has tickets to the Jon Hopkins Curates night at Fabric in December, and he's asked me if I want in. 

Jon Hopkins at Fabric?!?!?! My god, what I wouldn't do for that!

Fabric used to be my favourite club in the world. We used to go all the time from when I was about 19-26 (and then I moved abroad for five years so stopped going - it was nothing Fabric did!), mostly to DnB nights. It really is an amazing venue. Sound system is epic. I've never left before 6am, and if you get sick of dancing there are plenty of people up for good old chat about goodness knows what on the stairs, in the smoking area, in the toilets....

Sans disco biscuits, I suppose it might be a bit long, and the drinks are expensive because, hey, its fucking London. But, I'm sure you have a better idea of your staying power at such events than we do :) 

I say go for it though. First train will be like 5ish and it'll probs take an hour to get there anyway....Enjoy!!!

Wife's out for the night so "alexa" has been working overtime on some of these...

Currently playing "Hanna Wants".

Already worked through Drenge, Jon Hopkins, Skrillex, MO, Avalon Emerson (who I'd 100% seek out if at Glasto in 2019), Hot chip & Justice.

12 hours ago, Skoo said:

Ah no Watergate is more like a normal club tbh, as you say it’s quite “nice”. Mentioned it because if you’re traipsing around not getting into places it’s a safe bet. 

Your lineup for Berlin looks really decent, will you find time for a bit of day time sight seeing too?

I doubt it. I'm not really that bothered, to be honest, given that I'm only there Friday-Monday. All the places I've been told about sound quite dreary, too. Museum v club is a fairly easy choice for me.

I'd like to see the wall, but I'm happy enough just driving past it in a taxi. Its either that or going all out trying to replicate this: 

17 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Noticing a lot of Jon Hopkins talk in here and he's been someone I've been meaning to give a go for a while; what album would you suggest I start off on?

Immunity is amazing, get started on that. He has said that Immunity was inspired by a night on ecstasy, and Singularity was a result of psychedelics - if that informs your decision making at all. 

Anyone seen Binh before?

I'm out in November for what should be a great night of Blanck Mass (YES!) supporting Hookworms.

So, I bought an early bird ticket for Binh at the newly re-established Black Box in Birmingham (was part of the dear departed Rainbow Venues, recently opened in a different location) to go to after that.

So, anyone got any experience of him? From what I can find on line he's nicely minimalist and will make a nice change for me from the sometimes slightly one-dimensional thump-thump-thump-thump that can dominate line-ups in Birmingham techno nights...

Let me know what i'm in for.

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

Noticing a lot of Jon Hopkins talk in here and he's been someone I've been meaning to give a go for a while; what album would you suggest I start off on?

Singles 'Open Eye Signal' and 'Emerald Rush' are good introductions though, unlike these tracks,there is a decent amount of Ambient work in his catalogue. 

I'd also recommend this: 

http://songexploder.net/jon-hopkins

Good chance to hear his influences and how he structures his work. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Also suggest Skee Mask’s record Compro, which reminds me of Singularity for some reason. Two of the records of the year imo.

15 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Child 2 said that Blawan and Avalon Emerson were fantastic at WHP last night. 

Little bugger...

Ben

Did he mention how busy it was?

YES were giving out free tickets when you brought a Daniel Avery themed cocktail on Friday and Saturday.

Edit: Actually, I dont see why a 70% full WHP would be a bad thing.

Edited by Divein

20 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Thanks for your suggestions! Gave Immunity a spin and I'm loving it; perfect mix of ambience/making we want to send my jaw to a different postcode on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Shame his Brixton show is sold out, will be keeping an eye out to see if any tickets go spare!

Sign up to Ticket Swap, I keep getting notifications for tickets for sale from them - I bought mine some time ago.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:25 AM, OffshoreToon said:

Tresor is fantastic, filthy techno in an old power station? What more could you want?  (given the amount of exposed metal, a tetanus injection probably)

The last time I went our group had a bit of a nightmare getting into places but as England were playing Germany the weekend we were there, it was kinda expected.  

As long as you don't look *too* wrecked, speak a little German and don't be overly loud or boisterous you should be ok! 

3 hours ago, Divein said:

Did he mention how busy it was?

YES were giving out free tickets when you brought a Daniel Avery themed cocktail on Friday and Saturday.

Edit: Actually, I dont see why a 70% full WHP would be a bad thing.

The he's a she, and she didn't mention whether or not it was rammed!

And I agree - you want a really good crowd who are into it, but enough room to dance. Saw Kölsch and Seth Troxler on The Blues last year on the Thursday night. They were excellent, with Kölsch playing a really techy set...but it was almost breathing-impairingly packed...

Ben

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Anyone seen Binh before?

I'm out in November for what should be a great night of Blanck Mass (YES!) supporting Hookworms.

:)

Ben

Meant to have seen Hookworms the other week but had to pull out as had to pick up Daughter and Mrs Q was working that night. Not with Blanck Mass who I shall now check out.

Did just peek at Hookworms tour and I see they are now playing Bristol in January so second bite of the cherry

8 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Tresor is fantastic, filthy techno in an old power station? What more could you want?  (given the amount of exposed metal, a tetanus injection probably)

The last time I went our group had a bit of a nightmare getting into places but as England were playing Germany the weekend we were there, it was kinda expected.  

As long as you don't look *too* wrecked, speak a little German and don't be overly loud or boisterous you should be ok! 

The only issue there is my lack of German, but it'll just be me and a German bloke so I'll just pretend to be mute or something.