Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

i'd be happy to try for people who missed out in the resale, its a shame some of the regulars on here did miss out as you're all clearly well into your music. We were lucky to get our tickets and it could easily have been me who missed out.

I'm off to Dan Avery's WHP this sat pretty keen to hear Daphni and Blawan, also one of my friends is opening up room 3 which should be fun.

following that im gonna see maurice fulton in Leeds on the 10th Nov (always a brilliant selector) Might go see Artwork in Manc or Leeds later in November again always guaranteed fun.

Going Bristol Motion for MCDE etc on 8th Dec

Black Madonna WHP 15 Dec.

12 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

i'd be happy to try for people who missed out in the resale, its a shame some of the regulars on here did miss out as you're all clearly well into your music. We were lucky to get our tickets and it could easily have been me who missed out.

I'm off to Dan Avery's WHP this sat pretty keen to hear Daphni and Blawan, also one of my friends is opening up room 3 which should be fun.

following that im gonna see maurice fulton in Leeds on the 10th Nov (always a brilliant selector) Might go see Artwork in Manc or Leeds later in November again always guaranteed fun.

Blawan report please, MM

And I'd love to see Skee Mask too. It's an insane line up.

Ben

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

I saw daphni during the summer and he was incredible, he had everyone there in the palm of his hands.

Berlin in two weeks. There's very few names I recognise on Resident Advisor, but I Hate Models in Berghain will be attempted. I've heard Sunday afternoon is the best time to try, and I'm with a German so I'll let him do all the talking and hope for the best. I feel like I've got the best tour guide about, so I'm hoping to experience weird side of Berlin alongside the best techno.

14 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

Berlin in two weeks. There's very few names I recognise on Resident Advisor, but I Hate Models in Berghain will be attempted. I've heard Sunday afternoon is the best time to try, and I'm with a German so I'll let him do all the talking and hope for the best. I feel like I've got the best tour guide about, so I'm hoping to experience weird side of Berlin alongside the best techno.

Pretty much.  I've had the best success with getting into Berghain trying from 6am onwards.

Berghain is like going on a weird safari.  It's an assault on every sense and is everything thats weird and wonderful about Berlin.

The soundsystem is something else, never felt anything like it.

Enjoy, my dude!  Hope it's a good one!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

Best rolling straight over from Saturday night go get your stamp Sunday AM then stay for a bit/get your head down. That said they didn’t let me in last time I went ?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, OffshoreToon said:

If you don’t manage to get in, watergate is a lot easier to get into and is also amazing. Chalet is decent too and relatively easy to get in  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/17/2018 at 11:11 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Cirez D, Beyer, Amelie Lens, Green Velvet, Charlotte De Witte, Victor Ruiz, Boxia...

Basically a drumcode arcadia takeover would go down well for me!

Dream lineup for me. I’d also like to see Patrick Topping, Richy Ahmed and Nicole Moudaber up there. 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Helena Hauff closing Genoysys has to happen. Surely she’s ticking all the right boxes too being female, amazing and current. 

Got round to listening to the album today, rather good innit? How does it translate to live? I'm assuming well, but would have no idea what to expect.

So I actually have a dilemma of sorts that you electronica types might help with.

Mate has tickets to the Jon Hopkins Curates night at Fabric in December, and he's asked me if I want in.  Now as some of you have picked up from my intermittent postings, I'm getting more into electronica and dance but it's still not my core interest.  I've never done one of the all-nighter jobs at a club, only at Benicassim.

London is a bit of a pain in the arse for me, not massively far but transport links would mean that after about 1am I'm there for the night. So if I go to this shindig I'm there for the duration.

My worry is that after a few hours I find I'm kind of done with it, but I'm left with the choice of either sticking it out until the first train home or paying massive amounts to get home.

So, should I give it a bash?  How likely is it that I'll actually find myself bored out of my nut at sill o'clock in the morning and stuck in London?!

Never having done one of these I look to the esteemed collective knowledge of this forum for guidance :)

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

Got round to listening to the album today, rather good innit? How does it translate to live? I'm assuming well, but would have no idea what to expect.

No idea mate her DJing is sick though check these.

https://m.mixcloud.com/corenewsuploads/helena-hauff-essential-mix-2017-12-30-essential-mix-of-the-year/

https://m.soundcloud.com/resident-advisor/ra-live-20160617-ben-ufo-b2b-helena-hauff-sonar-festival-barcelona

39 minutes ago, Quark said:

So I actually have a dilemma of sorts that you electronica types might help with.

Mate has tickets to the Jon Hopkins Curates night at Fabric in December, and he's asked me if I want in.  Now as some of you have picked up from my intermittent postings, I'm getting more into electronica and dance but it's still not my core interest.  I've never done one of the all-nighter jobs at a club, only at Benicassim.

London is a bit of a pain in the arse for me, not massively far but transport links would mean that after about 1am I'm there for the night. So if I go to this shindig I'm there for the duration.

My worry is that after a few hours I find I'm kind of done with it, but I'm left with the choice of either sticking it out until the first train home or paying massive amounts to get home.

So, should I give it a bash?  How likely is it that I'll actually find myself bored out of my nut at sill o'clock in the morning and stuck in London?!

Never having done one of these I look to the esteemed collective knowledge of this forum for guidance :)

Bring 1 or 2 disco biscuits and you'll be going all night no problem?

Hi @Quark

Well, my guess would be that most on here would advise you to go for it. For my part, I’d sell one of the kids to go...

A few points: (1) Are you, essentially, confident that you like dancing for 5-7 hours? If yes, that’s a good start. If no, it might be an issue! (2) have you explored the line up to be confident it’s your thing? It’s entirely my thing, but we’re all different. An all nighter is a significant commitment and can be pretty hard if you’re not really into the sets. (3) are you likely to be, ahem, sober? Obviously fabric is pretty hot on its security, but I have no doubt that getting stuff in/in there is entirely manageable with usual careful planning. As I don’t drink, for me, a true all nighter like that is not the same without some, erm, accompaniment! 

Bottom line is, how badly could it go tits up? Not much, really...

Is your mate a proper raver? If yes, he’ll carry you through and you’re likely to have an unbelievable night. Almost Christmas, in London, with a superb line up - I’m presuming they’ll add a room 2 line up later. Child 1 says the sound in the newly revamped Room 2 is stellar. Jon Hopkins is a fantastic DJ, as well as producer, so his set will almost certainly blow you away. As we’ve recently been reminiscing here, his Arcadia DJ set last year was one of the best many of us have ever seen. And some of the guys on here have really been around...!

So, just do it! If you’ve had it by 3 or 4am (please don’t...!), you’re in LONDON! Be creative and find something to do until your train. 

I’d love to be going ...

Ben

Cheers chaps

Reality is I'll probably be "sober".  I'm generally quite careful about the situations I'm in and people I'm with when I choose to be otherwise, and this one doesn't really tick those boxes tbh. Having said that, if my buddy turns out to have some condiments with him I'm sure I wouldn't say no :)

On the dancing front the answer is probably. I did discover the joy of properly dancing at Beni (think it was Kolsch that set me off!) and that wasn't entirely under the influence either!

Mate is an old school raver as well.  Was massively into his jungle back in the day, and these days he's never put me wrong with a recommendation.

You're certainly selling me on the idea, cheers :drinks:

@Quark

If the question is whether or not THIS line up is good enough to assuage your doubts about an all nighter, it quite clearly IS. 

And have a word with your mate about condiments. It’ll only increase the anticipation of what will be an absolute corker of a night...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22