Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Me too! Especially after the absolute error that was forgetting about his Arcadia set until it was too late ?

With not one iota of Schadenfreude, Sas, that set was off the scale. One of the funnest times I've had and possibly the best single outdoor set of techno ever for me - location, friends and, ahem, condition, all contributing. And only enhanced when he later tweeted that it was one of the most fun DJ sets he's ever done. We must have looked amazing to him from the belly of the spider. It was especially fab because of the timing - 10.30pm on the Saturday night meant that most people there had made a proper effort to be there, and not just stumbled across it. I was with four or five of my closest (only really see at) Glastonbury friends. Magical.

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

With not one iota of Schadenfreude, Sas, that set was off the scale. One of the funnest times I've had and possibly the best single outdoor set of techno ever for me - location, friends and, ahem, condition, all contributing. And only enhanced when he later tweeted that it was one of the most fun DJ sets he's ever done. We must have looked amazing to him from the belly of the spider. It was especially fab because of the timing - 10.30pm on the Saturday night meant that most people there had made a proper effort to be there, and not just stumbled across it. I was with four or five of my closest (only really see at) Glastonbury friends. Magical.

Ben

Thanks, Ben, that's really helped...haha :lol:

But yeh, forgetting about JH is probably my only regret of Glasto 2017. I'm even over the fact that I lost my phone (especially as that always happens anyway) and that I forgot to stumble over to the Underground Piano Bar when my friends called it a night at the stone circle (because everyone says it isn't worth it and the guys are obnoxious), but damnit, every time I hear Emerald Rush I get a bit wistful....

It's alright though Ben, he'll be there next year (and hopefully so will we!) :)

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Thanks, Ben, that's really helped...haha :lol:

But yeh, forgetting about JH is probably my only regret of Glasto 2017. I'm even over the fact that I lost my phone (especially as that always happens anyway) and that I forgot to stumble over to the Underground Piano Bar when my friends called it a night at the stone circle (because everyone says it isn't worth it and the guys are obnoxious), but damnit, every time I hear Emerald Rush I get a bit wistful....

It's alright though Ben, he'll be there next year (and hopefully so will we!) :)

Is this where I tell you about when I went to the Underground Piano Bar...?!!!

:)

Ben

On 9/14/2018 at 9:33 PM, Madyaker said:

I cought him this summer and he was fucking great in fairness. Id be delighted to see him there next year. Preferably a full live set though and not DJ. No idea where they'd put him though. West Holts headliner maybe?

Yeh, I saw him do a DJ set at Field Day in 2017 and it was very underwhelming....although that might not have been all his fault. But I need a live set! I've heard so many stories about their amazingness! 

A lot of efesters are putting him as a West Holt's headliner....I'd be down with that ?

Edited by Sasperella

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 5:10 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

It really was spectacular. 

Can't wait to dissect the line up for techno in May. 

32 minutes ago, OBface said:

We had 52 people trying - 6 tickets bought. Not sure I can wait out the 6 months of pain for resale but might change my mind.

Damn, that's seriously rough. 

Is your alternative giving it a miss and booking up something else? I'm not sure where I go from here. 

(awful timing, but I hope all is well for you outwith this shit show!) 

Did anyone go and see the Chems at Ally Pally this weekend? I went on Friday night and whilst it was good it didn't feel as though they had changed much from their Other stage performance a few years back. The sound was awesome at times and weak at others and I wasn't sure whether it was them or the sound engineer. Breakdowns were often very long and the encore took a good 5 minutes to start. Maybe I just wasn't intoxicated enough but either way was still a great night. Highlights were Saturate, Star Guitar and Go!

All of our group were lucky Sunday for which I am extremely grateful. Glasto number 6 here we goo!!

Edited by EZYSEY

Hi guys

Sorry, have felt like an awkward idiot to come on here after hearing that some of us didn’t get tickets yet - @Mezhyp1 and @OBface that really is shit. 

It was brutal, no question. I’ve said to my mates that I think T Day has changed forever and we’ve already resolved to go as hard as if it might be our last time. Probably a good plan from here on in. 

Defo up to help E/D people in the resale if I can. Let’s try to get well organised in time, if we can...

Just to touch on thread topic and take our minds off that, three things:

1. Currently obsessed by ASC’s Astral Projection. If anyone wants some staggeringly good IDM/Dark Techno, get in there. 

2. Saw Manni Dee last week. He was very good. 

3. Very excited about seeing Blanck Mass (supporting Hookworms) in November and Jane Fitz (with Objekt) in December. 

What have people got coming up pre-Christmas?

Ben x

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1